Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 12:57 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
1) Without the false narrative being peddled by the radical leftists about how oppressed blacks are and how evil and "born racist" whites are, I never would have noticed. (I certainly wouldn't have counted!)

2) Obviously, there are plenty of blacks who can afford Gucci. (I myself would never pay $1000 or whatever they charge for a purse.)

3) Even if the percentage of affluent blacks who can afford Gucci is small (as is the percentage of whites), most blacks are middle class and could certainly buy one at MACY's or JCPenney.

4) There is a subset of blacks (subset!) who are impoverished high school dropouts hanging out on the corner doing drugs by day and engaging in gang warfare and other crime by night.

Conclusion: Blacks should not be presented as helpless, oppressed victims around whom the entire focus of political policy is centered. It's a lie, pushed by Democrats to obtain and maintain power.
^^^Talk about false narratives, phony baloney logic and mendacious conclusions, oh my!

Sadly, I am no longer shocked by the overt presentation of incontrovertibly ignorant & intolerant opinions posing as fact.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 04-19-2021 at 01:12 PM..

Old 04-19-2021, 12:59 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Nobody is obsessed with blacks as OP! Just like someone asked earlier - what color lipstick were they wearing? I guess same as on that website where all models were black, right I am still searching for that popular website though my wife says she wants to buy the same
You liberals are all doing the same thing: I'm pointing out how the left's focus on race is making everyone so aware of black and white - and boom! Out with: "Racist!"

To the contrary, I'm noting how successful many blacks are (especially around the DC area, where I live), and for that, I'm called a racist. That's because.....shhhhhh.......we have to keep playing the race card and pretend that blacks are still oppressed victims, and thus teach it in school.

IT'S a LIE.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:00 PM

19,709 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Why does she need a link? Is it required?
I asked because pages earlier I didn't know what tf she was talking about - now I know..

It's the same old record here. Now I'm just waiting for her to tie Louis Farrakhan into this somehow, lmao

Old 04-19-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
So you come here to tell us that you just discovered that not all black people are poor and some can afford Gucci? Welcome to the real world.
Is this some study you did on your time off of posting - sort of sociological field study maybe? Any other great earth shattering truths you want to share?
More "you're racist" liberal stuff, with the snark.

Of COURSE I didn't just discover that. I went to college and grad school with plenty of blacks, and worked in the corporate arena with plenty of blacks. Successful all-around.

I'm pointing out how that fact DEVIATES from the false narrative being peddled by the leftists, the media, and the school system.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:01 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Nobody is obsessed with blacks as OP! Just like someone asked earlier - what color lipstick were they wearing? I guess same as on that website where all models were black, right I am still searching for that popular website though my wife says she wants to buy the same
I remember that thread. Classic. Haha.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:02 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
And another avowed "not racist" starts a thread about the skin color of a group of anonymous people and applies attributes to them.
Love the "not racist." Why does a mention of Black immediately indicate "racism."? So tired of this BS. Don't dare purchase a black dress, you're a racist.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:03 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Putting aside all the anectdotal evidence of who is standing in line at a Gucci store, what is the reality? What does the data show about Black wealth. I've just done a quick Google search of Black wealth and it was abysmal. Now, it was a quick search and I may be looking at links that are skewed, so I'm not prepared to argue on either side of it.

Like Rachael976, who I think we live in the same area, we do have a demographic of Blacks that are some of the most wealthy in the country (especially in nearby Maryland). It's probably not accurate to look at what goes on in the area and extrapolate across the entire Black population.

What I've just recently looked at shows an incredible gap in family "wealth" compared to Whites and Asians.

The Gucci store is probably not a great example. I see so many people making poor choices financially with consumer goods. The people who should be putting money aside for a rainy day or bulking up the retirement fund, are often splurging on designer goods and expensive cars, with nothing else to their name. It's a familiar story that doesn't mean success.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:04 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,252,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And out comes another liberal yelling "racism" because I dared to take issue with the left's narrative - namely, that blacks are all oppressed and suffering from systemic racism, and we whites owe it to them to pass legislation geared specifically to people of a darker skin color. To the contrary, there are plenty of black people in my area, the majority of whom are middle-class at worst and outright affluent at best.

And yes, if you listen to the leftist media wail on and on about the poor, downtrodden, oppressed black people, it seems some DO need an education that most aren't like that. You should see the mailer I just got from the liberal running for governor: it was on four issues (economy, education, health care, and the justice system), with primary attention devoted to how blacks need help in every area, and what he proposes to provide for them. There was no mention of any other demographic.
When did I use the word or yell racist? I do t know if you are a racist but you sure do post a lot about blacks. So maybe you are just a student of black American culture.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:07 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Anyone who has been to rodeo drive in LA (the most expensive shopping street) has seen countless black people in every single store of every single line.

It’s shocking because these are the same people who Democrats claim can’t afford a $30 ID which is required to even use a debit card.

Anyone in LA can tell you this.

Old 04-19-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Anyone who has been to rodeo drive in LA (the most expensive shopping street) has seen countless black people in every single store of every single line.

It’s shocking because these are the same people who Democrats claim can’t afford a $30 ID which is required to even use a debit card.

Anyone in LA can tell you this.
Thank you! That's my point exactly: that there is this mad attempt by the Democrats to paint blacks as helpless, oppressed victims who can't make their way in the world without special legislation geared to give them special benefits. It's a campaign strategy, and you see how angry liberals get when someone pulls the curtain back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies