Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 12:53 PM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times

Advertisements

Mike Lindell/My Pillow to sue Dominion for 1.6 Billion Dollars

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike...r-fraud-2021-4

Probably as much a counter suit to the 1.3 billion suit filed by Dominion against Lindell.

To court we go!

Old 04-19-2021, 02:53 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Good. Go Mike!

Old 04-19-2021, 03:25 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Interesting to note that in the lawsuit (which I have not seen, but according to the Wall Street Journal), we have:

"My Pillow in the lawsuit said "in making these statements, Lindell spoke for himself, not My Pillow," the suit says. "My Pillow has not engaged in discussion about the 2020 election.""

So, Mr. Lindell, in his counter suit, is trying to create a distance between himself, the founder and CEO of the privately owned "My Pillow" company, and himself. I doubt it will work.

Secondly, it appears that Mr. Lindell is claiming that Dominion, by suing him, is violating his First Amendment right of free speech. The suit apparently acknowledges that Dominion is not a government entity, but that it acted 'under color' of government entities.

See also:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/mypi...tion-case.html

I would bet that this counter suit will be dismissed. However, perhaps Mr. Lindell could persuade Dominion to drop "My Pillow" from the lawsuit, and focus solely on him. Perhaps.

Old 04-23-2021, 05:00 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
I'm no betting man, but if I was, my money would be on Dominion.

Lindell is the face of My Pillow, and while My Pillow is incorporated, it appears to be a private corporation with limited liability.
That means Mike's stockholders are most likely his family and some friends. An LLC corporation is a good vehicle for a family operation or a small to mid-sized business, but a large private corporation needs a lot more legal protection than an LLC can provide.

Dominion Voting Systems, Inc. is a multi-national corporation with head offices in Candad, the U.S., and Serbia.
It too may be a private corporation, but if it is, it has vastly more legal resources in-house than My Pillow.

It sells products that will be disputed, so it has lots of legal expertise inside the company.

My Pillow sells pillows, and lately, bedding and some associated products. They don't have as much need for legal expertise. Their products aren't sold to states under strict contracts.

Now, for sure, Minnesota has some sharp lawyers living there. But I tend to doubt the best equipped lawyers in Minnesota wouldn't take My Pillow on as a client in this dispute.

I'm sure that Lindell will settle quietly before he loses everything he has, along with his family's losses, and his friend's losses.
He could be too truculent, and it's possible his own corporate Board of Directors could fire him from his job as CEO. That happened a couple of years ago to John Schnatter, the founder and CEO of Papa John's Pizza.

Out of the position, Lindell would still be able to receive the same money he got before, and he could probably stay the figurehead of the company in its advertising.

But if he shoots his foot off after shooting his mouth off, My Pillow wouldn't be held accountable for damages if he was fired as CEO. My Pillow and Mike Lindell are both a couple of mackerels headed into a school of hungry sharks right now.
I always expect the sharks will eat the mackerels. That's what sharks do.

If Dominion wins, we will all still be able to buy a My Pillow product. The money will just go to Dominion instead.
And Mike could still be selling them on late-night TV. As a Dominion employee who's being well paid to do it.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:51 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Default Nothing really new about this.

Sadly the elections have been owned for quite sometime. With liitle research it becomes blatantly obvious. Just one more example of the completely artificial reality on this planet.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elec...nvestment.html

Old 04-23-2021, 09:04 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,931,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I'm no betting man, but if I was, my money would be on Dominion.

Lindell is the face of My Pillow, and while My Pillow is incorporated, it appears to be a private corporation with limited liability.
That means Mike's stockholders are most likely his family and some friends. An LLC corporation is a good vehicle for a family operation or a small to mid-sized business, but a large private corporation needs a lot more legal protection than an LLC can provide.

Dominion Voting Systems, Inc. is a multi-national corporation with head offices in Candad, the U.S., and Serbia.
It too may be a private corporation, but if it is, it has vastly more legal resources in-house than My Pillow.

It sells products that will be disputed, so it has lots of legal expertise inside the company.

My Pillow sells pillows, and lately, bedding and some associated products. They don't have as much need for legal expertise. Their products aren't sold to states under strict contracts.

Now, for sure, Minnesota has some sharp lawyers living there. But I tend to doubt the best equipped lawyers in Minnesota wouldn't take My Pillow on as a client in this dispute.

I'm sure that Lindell will settle quietly before he loses everything he has, along with his family's losses, and his friend's losses.
He could be too truculent, and it's possible his own corporate Board of Directors could fire him from his job as CEO. That happened a couple of years ago to John Schnatter, the founder and CEO of Papa John's Pizza.

Out of the position, Lindell would still be able to receive the same money he got before, and he could probably stay the figurehead of the company in its advertising.

But if he shoots his foot off after shooting his mouth off, My Pillow wouldn't be held accountable for damages if he was fired as CEO. My Pillow and Mike Lindell are both a couple of mackerels headed into a school of hungry sharks right now.
I always expect the sharks will eat the mackerels. That's what sharks do.

If Dominion wins, we will all still be able to buy a My Pillow product. The money will just go to Dominion instead.
And Mike could still be selling them on late-night TV. As a Dominion employee who's being well paid to do it.

I saw some videos made showing the matches with the algorithms. Don't recall him accuse Dominion of intentionly doing anything. Just showed poor security.This is not new.

Old 04-24-2021, 07:46 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
LOL!

What a joke.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:17 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,270 times
so Lindell is in full panic mode now

Old 04-25-2021, 07:27 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
so Lindell is in full panic mode now
It appears that way

Old 04-25-2021, 08:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
So Mike Lindell thinks a lawsuit accusing him of slander against Dominion is an attack on his first amendment right? Remember, the first amendment doesn't apply to clear and present dangers, nor does it apply to libel and slander. This is a frivolous lawsuit. And here I thought Republicans want tort reform and get rid of frivolous lawsuits...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies