Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 06:20 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,697,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Why does the left think it's so cruel to send "undocumented" people back to their own country? They talk about "deportation" like it's sending people to jail or sentencing them to death.

If I was living abroad, and got deported back to the United States, I honestly wouldn't mind. I don't understand it.
What if they deported you to Honduras? Or nicaraugua?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2021, 06:25 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,697,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryAgain_ View Post
lol the irony of that statement.
All I am saying is that the immigrants aren’t taking MY job. Lol.

Old 04-19-2021, 07:21 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There are many areas of the world that are not as pleasant as America to go back to. Some people that come here are genuinely fleeing for their lives. Some due to gangs, crime, religious persecution, government policies, etc. Sending them back is sending them back to an unjust jail sentence or death in those cases.
We have gangs, crime, bad government policies here as well.

Old 04-19-2021, 07:21 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
So you believe the stories they are telling? Latin Americans are con-artists by nature - like gypsies. Anything they say should be taken with a grain of salt. Lying is nothing to them. Laws mean nothing to them. They don't even understand the concept of law. They steal people's identities and then say "why am I being treated like a criminal?".

There are gangs in the United States, can I go to Switzerland illegally and claim "asylum" because gangs exist in the US?
Oh...there we have it. Wheneve you characterize an entire CULTURE as one thing, you're gonna be wrong...a lot. And, you are...so there you have it, case closed on you.

Old 04-19-2021, 07:24 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesick_Giraffe View Post
“Couldn’t you just move?”. People can’t “just move”. Costs a-lot of money to simply move. If your a target, staying in that country is not an option. This isn’t the US where you can find resources or protection.
Yet they can find money to hire people to get into the US illegally. When the Central Americans were migrating up here Mexico offered them sanctuary, yet that wasn't enough.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:19 PM

447 posts, read 321,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh see, just as long as these law breakers are hard workers you are fine with them? They steal those jobs from Americans by working for less but I guess you are ok with that? I guess that includes felony ID theft and tax evasion that most are guilty of? They cost us over $100 billion a year and a lot of that is due to their usage of public resources. Learn some respect for our immigration laws and why they are in place and stop acting like rewarding law breakers is ok!
Working hard means no time and energy to cause trouble like looting the shops.

Who cuts your grass? Do you check their ID before hiring them yourself?

There are always jobs Americans would not do.

I had only ONE white boy coming to do my lawn during seven years. He did not charge me the most expensive though, but the rates were in similar range. He was an environment protector so he would use equipment driven by electricity with low efficiency and it would take him far more time to finish the job. He stopped the service at last and we had to find another one. I pay 45 for cutting the grass and 800 for mulch, soil and flower implanting. House lot is 0.23 acre. I pay 80 for fertilizing and drug spraying. No matter whoever takes the job, I pay similar rate.

My sprinkle expert is a white American with 80 dollar hourly rate, my plumber is a white American with a 150 basic charge for visiting, and I had my house painted via a white American contractor, but his crew all speak Spanish.

My Doctors are white Americans or Asians some times.

My move-in cleaning lady is a white American and I pay her 40 an hour.

I am not trying to take advantage from what you assume 'lower payment' to the illegal labour. I don't know who is legal and who is not at all to be honest.

The illegal immigrants will work in a black dirty back kitchen of a low cost Chinese takeaway shop, however, only in the up-scale Chinese/Japanese restaurants you can see white waiters.

My experience is even for jobs on similar category the Americans only do the upper end ones with higher return. Isn't that good?

As for the public resources, I don't know how they get it but voters can vote to change the laws enabling them to get a touch of that.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:29 PM

36,514 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
That's what I'm wondering. If you have trouble with gangsters in your neighborhood, couldn't you move a couple of hundred miles away, and be away from them? Do you really have to move to a different country? Anyone who crosses gangsters to that extent is probably a gangster himself.
Not just a different country. The second or third country from your country. And North, not south.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:31 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
All I am saying is that the immigrants aren’t taking MY job. Lol.
Oh I see, just as long as they aren't taking your job then it's ok if they take millions of jobs from other blue-collared Americans? They aren't immigrants anyway they are illegal aliens!

Old 04-20-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
Working hard means no time and energy to cause trouble like looting the shops.

Who cuts your grass? Do you check their ID before hiring them yourself?

There are always jobs Americans would not do.

I had only ONE white boy coming to do my lawn during seven years. He did not charge me the most expensive though, but the rates were in similar range. He was an environment protector so he would use equipment driven by electricity with low efficiency and it would take him far more time to finish the job. He stopped the service at last and we had to find another one. I pay 45 for cutting the grass and 800 for mulch, soil and flower implanting. House lot is 0.23 acre. I pay 80 for fertilizing and drug spraying. No matter whoever takes the job, I pay similar rate.

My sprinkle expert is a white American with 80 dollar hourly rate, my plumber is a white American with a 150 basic charge for visiting, and I had my house painted via a white American contractor, but his crew all speak Spanish.

My Doctors are white Americans or Asians some times.

My move-in cleaning lady is a white American and I pay her 40 an hour.

I am not trying to take advantage from what you assume 'lower payment' to the illegal labour. I don't know who is legal and who is not at all to be honest.

The illegal immigrants will work in a black dirty back kitchen of a low cost Chinese takeaway shop, however, only in the up-scale Chinese/Japanese restaurants you can see white waiters.

My experience is even for jobs on similar category the Americans only do the upper end ones with higher return. Isn't that good?

As for the public resources, I don't know how they get it but voters can vote to change the laws enabling them to get a touch of that.
I cut my own grass, thank you very much but if I didn't I certainly would make sure that they are a citizen or legal immigrant of this country.

Why do you keep bringing up white Americans? Agenda, much? I have also hired many white Americans for all kinds of jobs and they were hard workers that just expected a fair wage and rightly so!

We'd have to fight the Democrats in congress to stop giving our resources to illegal aliens and they have more power than mainstream law abiding Americans. They have many bleeding heart liberals on their side to.

No one has a right to be residing and working here illegally for ANY reason. Our immigration laws are in place for good reasons and must be respected and enforced. You don't seem to care about either though. Why is that?

Old 04-20-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageWords View Post
Well yeah, because you're not going back to a gang ridden, murderous government run, or war-torn hell hole.

Even the poorest neighborhoods in the US are more luxurious than alot of the countries these people come from.

Not saying it justifies illegal immigration, but that's like a billionaire asking what's wrong with being locked at home to a guy that lives in a small studio apartment.
Since it doesn't justify it then why are you even bringing it up? We know that they'd rather stay here but I couldn't give two craps what these law breakers want. We have immigration laws that say they must be deported and that is all that matters!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies