Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 06:05 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
If it reduces people from infecting others I'm all for it. Don't like it, don't have to go. It's your choice. I don't have to deny myself access to events out of 'fairness' to those afraid of the vaccine.
That's until an hacker might hack your vaccine passport and might be interested to all informations then your vaccine passport have. The vaccine passport reminds me of the "Universal Card" plotline from an European comic known as "Authorized Happiness". https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...ian-nightmare/

Btw, Paul Joseph Watson vlogged about the vaccine passports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcmZG0H4HzE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2021, 06:10 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
ha..so were the states that passed no vaccine passport laws "delusional" ?

Glad I live in SC...a vaccine passport free state !!!

Old 04-19-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:
If it reduces people from infecting others I'm all for it. Don't like it, don't have to go. It's your choice. I don't have to deny myself access to events out of 'fairness' to those afraid of the vaccine.
And what about while walking in the street ? How will you know if you are passing an unvaccinated person ?

Cause you know...they are a "public health concern". Shouldn't they have a mark or something so that everyone knows they aren't vaccinated and can avoid them ?

Yellow star patches is what should be used. It was highly successful in Germany against those typhus carriers.

Old 04-19-2021, 06:14 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
The way its done here is wear a mask or you are refused entry.

Old 04-19-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
The way its done here is wear a mask or you are refused entry.
Depending on what state you live in that will be changing as this catches on.

NY has it and now CA.

Old 04-19-2021, 06:21 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
It seems pointless with the news that a 3rd vaccine will be needed...people will have a "passport" but their defenses will not be up to par if they don't get the 3rd...and so on and so forth...so what's the end point for these "passports" or are they forever and expanding for all sorts of things?

Remember, the when governments starts programs they never want to stop them. Power and control are what it's all about and nobody gives that up.

Old 04-19-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It seems pointless with the news that a 3rd vaccine will be needed...people will have a "passport" but their defenses will not be up to par if they don't get the 3rd...and so on and so forth...so what's the end point for these "passports" or are they forever and expanding for all sorts of things?

Remember, the when governments starts programs they never want to stop them. Power and control are what it's all about and nobody gives that up.
I got J&J...1 shot and no booster needed as it already protects against the African variant.

regarding..forever and expanding. I would say the answer is yes and yes based on what the standards group is doing. It's NOT just for covid.

Old 04-19-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

Think 3-5-10 years down the road and it's not pointless. It's the road to your entire medical record contained in an app.

This isn't some one off idea. WHO, Biden administration and a public working group are working on standards, global standards. Why do that if you only care about covid vaccine ?

Old 04-19-2021, 06:46 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Think 3-5-10 years down the road and it's not pointless. It's the road to your entire medical record contained in an app.

This isn't some one off idea. WHO, Biden administration and a public working group are working on standards, global standards. Why do that if you only care about covid vaccine ?
That's why it's not called a COVID passport.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:47 AM

306 posts, read 102,255 times
Quote:
That is mighty reich of you. Carefully your brownshirt is showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies