Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 10:42 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Creating first and second class citizens based in the willingness to get or not get an emergency authorized vaccine. It’s wrong.
Victim card?

PRIVATE vendors may decline the public that chooses to not comply with their entry requirements. This includes but is not limited to attire, concealed and/ or open carry, smokers, LBGTQ ( 27 states), age, perceived level of intoxication, masks, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 10:48 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just as some here had predicted.

Getting more and more ludicrous, I absolutely predict we'll see a lot of bickering and fisticuffs at these venues with these ludicrous arrangements that serve only to incite and pit people against each other.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...orts-at-venues

No entry without proof: How some are taking the new vaccine passport guidance from state
When business liability insurance starts having to pay claims they will put an end to it !!! They will raise the rates quite high or stop covering business and their employees that want to interfere with customers !!!
It should be a cash cow for those who file lawsuits early !!! Its going to be difficult for a business to prove they have authority to make medical decisions for their customers !!! They might have better luck requiring all customers to wear pink shoes when in their stores !!!

Last edited by phma; 04-20-2021 at 11:00 AM..

Old 04-20-2021, 10:49 AM

43,082 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
When business liability insurance starts having to pay claims they will put an end to it !!! They will raise the rates quite high or stop covering business and their employees that want to interfere !!!
We are 1 year and counting and that has not happened. It will be near impossible to prove. You could have caught covid anytime the minute you leave your home.

Old 04-20-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It’s merely one more lash across the backs of the enslaved.

Of course it’s a violation of your rights but so are all the other requirements for venues (x amount of exits, must be handicap accessible, no lighting of a certain wattage, x capacity for fire safety, etc).

So what Republicans need to do is be fully consistent here. It’s a great opportunity for them. Don’t just complain about one involuntary regulation. Complain about them all. Otherwise you sound just like your Marxist buddies on Team Blue.

End ALL involuntary regulation.
Not likely either party will seek to deny a vendor’s right to decline a patron so long as the denial does not violate Federal Laws.

The second amendment grants the right to keep and bear arms. Yet private vendors may deny admittance to those carrying arms, open or concealed.

Don’t like it? Find another place to patronize.

Old 04-20-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
That's until an hacker might hack your vaccine passport and might be interested to all informations then your vaccine passport have. The vaccine passport reminds me of the "Universal Card" plotline from an European comic known as "Authorized Happiness". https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...ian-nightmare/

Btw, Paul Joseph Watson vlogged about the vaccine passports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcmZG0H4HzE
I am vaccinated. I had to disclose my name, address and birth year when reserving an appointment. All this information is readily available to anyone by a simple search by name or address.

I was not asked for SS# or ID or employment status. Mileage may vary by state or county within state.

I received a piece of paper verifying the date and location of each dose. It has no digital code.

My vaccine status is not linked to my healthcare record.

I have a driver’’s license and other ID that contains my photo. I am fully aware that nearly every place I might go is video taping me and in some cases, using facial recognition software. I don’t care. I have nothing to hide.

The world is full of people who fear mongering for profit and political gain.

Old 04-20-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Depending on what state you live in that will be changing as this catches on.

NY has it and now CA.
Has what?

More than half of US adults now have at least a single dose of the Covid vaccine.

EVERY county health department issues the inoculated something as evidence of the Covid vaccine.

I am unaware of any county health department issuing a digitized record as evidence.

Old 04-20-2021, 11:45 AM

43,082 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Has what?

More than half of US adults now have at least a single dose of the Covid vaccine.

EVERY county health department issues the inoculated something as evidence of the Covid vaccine.

I am unaware of any county health department issuing a digitized record as evidence.
What are you going on about ?

This is about vaccine passport....a QR code on an app
The poster I replied to said they only need masks right now.

I do not have any proof that I got vaccinated.
The CDC vaccine reminder card is not proof of vaccination. You can get phony ones for free now they are so easy to reproduce...cardstock and a printer.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:07 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Victim card?

PRIVATE vendors may decline the public that chooses to not comply with their entry requirements. This includes but is not limited to attire, concealed and/ or open carry, smokers, LBGTQ ( 27 states), age, perceived level of intoxication, masks, etc.
Private places cannot discriminate against LBGTQ people. They may ban smoking while patronizing their businesses but not smokers.

Maybe one day you or a loved one will have a bad vaccine reaction and you can join the second class citizenry.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:22 PM

4,654 posts, read 4,973,860 times
Quote:
Reportedly 7/8s of the Israelite population has been vaccinated. 1/8 have declined.

Once vaccinated the inoculated are given digital- proof of vaccine which is being used to reopen the country, including discretionary spectator events. Those choosing to not vaccinated are not happy.

What seems to be working in a country with a population of 9 million does not scale in a country with 328 million.

Two major cruise lines and their subsidiaries, have announced that proof of vaccine will be necessary to board. They are using this requirement to negotiate reopening of foreign ports and begin the process of a return to normal. As of 2018, cruising contributed $7.8 billion to the Florida economy.

https://cruising.org/-/media/researc...s-economy-2018

That some persist with speculation that a 16 year old Target employee is going to be scanning vaccine passports as a condition of entry is hyperbole.
If almost everyone takes the vaccine, then why wouldn't this hypothetical Target scenario happen? There's money to be made from the app, and politically "who cares, everyone's vaccinated anyway," so why wouldn't it happen? I honestly can't think of a reason. Can you?

On the other hand, if a significant number of people hold out and don't take the vaccine, then of course Target is not going to do this. They're not going to say, team, let's think of ways we can refuse admission to 25% of our potential customer base.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:58 PM

36,522 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Public health concern. Then the fear grows that people won't be able to tell the vaccinated from the unvaccinated when not inside these places. Then what ?
Like I said a public health concern if 1. Covid was actually highly contagious and highly lethal and 2. The vaccine actually stopped the virus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies