Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 04:47 AM

57,260 posts, read 26,192,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The alternatives to Trump were always infinitely worse. Perhaps next time it will be different.
Something we can agree on, I think both parties will offer better alternatives in 2024, I don't think either Trump or Biden will run again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 03:11 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjspring View Post
That's the problem. There are very few sane Republicans left and the ones that remain are getting reprimanded by other Republicans in office and purged by the base for not following their dear leader.
But there are even fewer sane Democrats.

Old 05-25-2021, 04:13 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
But there are even fewer sane Democrats.
Bingo...because Trump

Old 05-25-2021, 09:26 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjspring View Post
That's the problem. There are very few sane Republicans left and the ones that remain are getting reprimanded by other Republicans in office and purged by the base for not following their dear leader.
There are very few sane politicians, period. We're not left with much to choose from.

Old 05-25-2021, 09:40 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I'm leaving the country if he wins again. Trump's America was hell on earth for anyone who wasn't a white straight fundamentalist Christian. He nearly completely destroyed the U.S. economy and this country's standing in the world. Nevermind the fact he tried to overthrow democracy. That doesn't matter though because he's seen as the man to "reclaim America for Christ" and bring God's law back to this country. If he wins again, this country is finished. Anyone who doesn't want to live in a patriarchal, 1950s society with a third world economy and especially anyone who isn't straight or Christian should think about leaving the country if he wins again. It's hard to imagine the pure terror he would bring upon this country, especially people who aren't the "good Christians" i.e. Baptists, in a second term.
I think you might be on to something here... Is there a way to get the far-right, born-again, science deniers to leave with the far left kooks who want to push their PC/woke bull....?

I want to live in a country with people who appreciate science, but can still handle politically incorrect speech.

Old 05-26-2021, 01:21 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I think you might be on to something here... Is there a way to get the far-right, born-again, science deniers to leave with the far left kooks who want to push their PC/woke bull....?

I want to live in a country with people who appreciate science, but can still handle politically incorrect speech.
There are no "far-right, science-deniers." For one thing, the far-right realize there are only 2 sexes, not 3 or 5 or 10 or whatever.

For another thing, they know that "global warming" (now known as "climate change") is no going to doom humans. In other word they are not alarmists like most leftists are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies