Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 03:58 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,699,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
why? Because you giggled?

Trump's words don't say he told them to go up and swarm the Capitol. He said "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard"

If you have any interest, here's the full transcript. https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/08/polit...ipt/index.html
Yes, because I giggled. If you can make me giggle, I will give you rep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 03:59 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
How do YOU know? You made the assertion.
No you did. You said the founding fathers weren't like BLM or Antifa. I said you don't know that. In the eyes of the British they were worse, they were traitors to be put to death. You're the one who said history was relevant, but not to you. But all of your posts today on this thread are mental silly putty. (If you keep smacking your head, will any sense get into it?)

Old 04-20-2021, 04:02 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times
explanation enough
Attached Thumbnails
To any and every person who is on the left-dc8c2fd67a6ae7dc7c5e04ada11288a7.jpg  

Old 04-20-2021, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
While I do respect how you reframed your current stance . I can say it goes along the squeeky wheel gets the grease. I don't think we need to support that squeeky wheel. We need to re-address and maintain civility at an adult.level of maturity.

Nope I don't support damaging property, be it body or building. That goes both ways. Those enforcing and the ones inflicting damage..

Riots in and of themselves are senseless . (Yes righties & lefties , you riot too and deserve acknowledgement of those times of discord).

I've seen no benefit to rioting for anyone person. It's barbaric.

The walk.softly and carry a big stick was a metaphor for hold proudly your principles and do so with a move forward to agreement/resolutions.
Toss out the squeeky wheel.
And I can totally understand your point of view. I appreciate it, and I appreciate you sharing it.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So I guess the woman interviewed only cared if the press showed up, not how she and her fellow terrorists would be perceived by the public. But then again, Democrat mayors, DAs and governors drop to their knees before these terrorists, so maybe she has a point.
They are already being murdered by police, with impunity. I don't think she gives a flying F--- what the public thinks.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:48 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times
Almost all big riots in the US in living memory have been preceded by serious police misconduct — from the Harlem riots of 1964 through George Floyd riots last year. America wants to end these riots, the answer really is simple: Get cops to stop killing black people. It really is that simple. Not easy. But just that simple.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:52 PM

2,445 posts, read 1,068,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
a peaceful protest is fine..a riot is not..period..do you righties approve of the riot you started at the Capital?..
Do you approve of all the riots of last summer and happening now?

Old 04-20-2021, 07:30 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
President tonight in his address after the Chauvin verdict reinforced the anti-violence factor. But y'all will pretend he supports it because it satisfies the narratives in your head.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:56 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
What's your take on riots?

Riots happened en masse in 2020, they happened after the trial of the LAPD officers/Rodney King, there were riots after authorities decided not to prosecute the LEO who shot Michael Brown, leftists are threatening riots if Derek Chauvin walks, etc.

Do you defend riots? Do you think rioting is "understandable" even if wrong or illegal?

People's livelihoods go up in flames. From Korean merchants who lost incomes, marriages, and dreams in 1992 to Arab immigrants who saw their tiny shops be plundered by gleeful criminals, rioting destroys a lot more than property.

Do you leftists defend rioting? If so, why?
As soon as you tell me if you defend the coup attempt on 1/6.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:57 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
Do you approve of all the riots of last summer and happening now?
No violence. No rioting. I don't approve of that. No looting. But by god give em hell....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies