Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 08:47 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times

Advertisements

New Co. law on qualified immunity gets a first test case involving 4 kids put face down on the ground in handcuffs

The police pulled guns and pointed them at kids before doing any investigation or asking for vehicle registration or anything !!! The police claim it is their unwritten policy to do that !!! They were detained for 2 hours which in itself is excessive !!!

Aurora police detain Black family after mistaking their vehicle as stolen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuiLfWVTuaY

Colorado’s Law Ended Qualified Immunity To Hold Police Accountable | NBC Nightly News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yiOKx59NuQ

Colorado Police Apologize For Detaining Black Family In Stolen Car Mistake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq8J--2WIPY

Last edited by phma; 04-20-2021 at 08:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 09:05 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Apparently they're suing. This sounds like an open and shut case - detaining a family face down in a parking lot for TWO HOURS because cops have information that a montana motorcycle with the same plate number as an SUV in Colorado was reported stolen.

What in the world were they doing, exactly, for the TWO HOURS if not following through investigating?

It seems this could have been very easily cleared up with the mom showing the car insurance for that vehicle.

Awful.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ld-at-gunpoint

Old 04-20-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Apparently they're suing. This sounds like an open and shut case - detaining a family face down in a parking lot for TWO HOURS because cops have information that a montana motorcycle with the same plate number as an SUV in Colorado was reported stolen.

What in the world were they doing, exactly, for the TWO HOURS if not following through investigating?

It seems this could have been very easily cleared up with the mom showing the car insurance for that vehicle.

Awful.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ld-at-gunpoint
Here is another longer video (12 min. of the two hours in detainment) and the distress is obvious !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZeaTN50W2k

Old 04-20-2021, 09:44 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Maybe they shouldn't have resisted. That 6 year old could have been a violent criminal with drugs in her system and thus had to be held at gunpoint on the asphalt for 2 hours. /s

Old 04-20-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Maybe they shouldn't have resisted. That 6 year old could have been a violent criminal with drugs in her system and thus had to be held at gunpoint on the asphalt for 2 hours. /s
The littlest ones are usually the most dangerous to officer safety !!! They could run right between the officers legs and get away before the officer has a chance to shoot !!!

Old 04-20-2021, 12:10 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,093 times
I've thought for a while that there is nothing the police can do that won't be defended by the Authoritarian Right. Kudos to our right-wingers for (so far) not reflexively siding with these particular armed government employees.

I wonder how long it'll take to prove my idea correct once again...

Old 04-20-2021, 12:32 PM

447 posts, read 321,943 times
I can't believe my eyes. I can't imagine what I can do under similar situation to protect my little one.

How come they think the car is a stollen car? Any evidence?

Or should I ask how can I provide evidence that my car is my car? Your driver's license would not carry on the information of your car.

what if they suspect your child is not your child? Do you carry your little one's birth certificate with you all the time?

Old 04-20-2021, 12:37 PM

447 posts, read 321,943 times
The two evil teenagers who really tried to rob a car and caused the death of a decent hard working father were never treated in this way. And did not get any serious consequence at all.

However, the little ones in the video who did not do anything were treated as if in babyhood they could commit something that puts officers on alert.

What a joke!

Old 04-20-2021, 12:41 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
I can't believe my eyes. I can't imagine what I can do under similar situation to protect my little one.

How come they think the car is a stollen car? Any evidence?

Or should I ask how can I provide evidence that my car is my car? Your driver's license would not carry on the information of your car.

what if they suspect your child is not your child? Do you carry your little one's birth certificate with you all the time?
The plate matched the number of a motorcycle that had been stolen - although the motorcycle had a Montana plate, and this was a car in Colorado.

Apparently, they used plate scanning technology, and according to the sources I've read the info that it was a motorcycle in Montana, they didn't notice that information on the readout.

I wonder what they were doing for that two hours, if not looking again at the license scan information.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:43 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
average gang banger is 15 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids?????????????????????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies