Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 11:49 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“Don’t test us. Don’t test us. We are ready. We are prepared, and we are ready to arrest and bring to prosecution anyone who would dare try to take the dreams of our small businesses by looting,” Lightfoot said after being asked about the city’s preparedness for potential unrest following a verdict the trial. “Don’t test us, because we are ready.”
https://www.chicagotribune.com/polit...u2u-story.html

Say what you will about her, I’m not a huge fan of her myself, but she said what every mayor of every big city needs to say. I’m glad she is taking a hard line approach to this instead of stoking the fire like Maxine and others. Let’s just hope she delivers if SHTF.

Quote:

Lightfoot also said she asked for the Illinois National Guard to be placed on standby, which the city previously requested in the lead-up to the grand jury decision on Breonna Taylor’s killing in Louisville as well as the federal election last year.

“We learned a lot over the course of last summer and fall about additional things we needed to be doing,” Lightfoot said.

Part of the city’s strategy has been deploying heavy vehicles like garbage trucks across the city as a blockade on wheels capable of shutting down streets and highways in case of an incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 11:53 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post

Say what you will about her, I’m not a huge fan of her myself, but she said what every mayor of every big city needs to say. I’m glad she is taking a hard line approach to this instead of stoking the fire like Maxine and others. Let’s just hope she delivers if SHTF.
Good for her. I guess the local business leaders finally got to her, or maybe it was when protesters came to her house and she finally got a little taste of the medicine her own citizens have been receiving? Either way, this is a good thing and I applaud her for it.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:03 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Wow. Even the enablers are taking a stand. Doesn’t take long for one to change their tune when the animals start biting the hands that feed them.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:04 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
I doubt it. The Mayor of the city known for its citizens killing each other has no integrity whatsoever. Chicago is more likely to prosecute police officers for doing their jobs and citizens for lawfully defending themselves than it is arresting and prosecuting criminals.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:04 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
Don't believe a word she says. I can't even find out how many of the looters from the 2020 riots ever got charged with anything other than 'disorderly conduct'. Cook county States Attorney Kim Foxx does everything she can to let criminals out. She drops charges all the time.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:06 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
If there are no riots in Chicago, one could make the case that the would-be looters heeded her warning. If there are riots, we will find out if she carries through on her words or not.

Old 04-20-2021, 12:06 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Yeah sure, Ms. Beetlejuice - Don't Test us??? She's Blowing smoke, through her Blow Hole. Nasty Parasite.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:14 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Empty threats.
She knows anyone who's arrested will be let go by Kim Foxx, and the rioters know it too.
What a joke.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:15 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,178 times
well THAT’S a welcome turn of events.

Old 04-20-2021, 01:17 PM

5,988 posts, read 3,731,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post

Words are cheap. I'll believe it when I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies