Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2021, 04:13 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 205 View Post
What do you mean by "how WOULD you feel as a conservative..." It's already happening in this country against conservatives. The country's chief law enforcement agency has decided one of its main duties is to actually apply IN PRACTICE a two tiered system of justice and one set of rules for conservatives or anyone they feel even dares not tow the DNC and their agency's party line and another set of rules for the DNC and anyone that opposes conservatives. That's how a once revered law enforcement agency can send 13 agents and call an extremely common garage door pull down rope hanging on a garage door at a NASCAR facility an act of "domestic terrorism" while at the same time refusing to call the attempted assassination of Republican lawmakers on a baseball field domestic terrorism minimizing that incident to an act of "suicide by cop". To in any way suggest or insinuate that Democrats moving to Florida are in danger of political retribution from a local sheriff in the same way conservatives already likely are from the most powerful law enforcement agency in the world is laughable.
This ^^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 04:17 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Milwaukee had a good sheriff like that but they got him fired... basically forced him out for daring to enforce the law when it came to protestors last year. The media spin there too is always in the pockets of the left.

https://www.al.com/news/2017/09/why_...riff_davi.html

Old 04-22-2021, 05:17 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Milwaukee had a good sheriff like that but they got him fired... basically forced him out for daring to enforce the law when it came to protestors last year. The media spin there too is always in the pockets of the left.

https://www.al.com/news/2017/09/why_...riff_davi.html
Another sheriff too involved in politics. Did you actually read the article you posted indicating mismanaging the jail and many other problems, he resigned by the way he was not fired. Also recall his trip to Russia with the NRA. Law enforcement should never be involved in partisan politics.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:05 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Does behave in your context require voting R?
You said that.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:11 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
I will also vote against DeSantis, because he's a goof ball moron, not because of his party.
Whydo you see him as a goofball moron? Please be specific.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:16 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,553,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Fortunately they're outnumbered here in Florida.
I mean, barely.

We'll see in a few years with all this migration what happens.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:06 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,127 times
People running from one state because of policies they voted for and then voting for the same again in another state is like putting your hand on your stove at home, getting burned, and then going to a buddy's house and doing the same darn thing and getting burned again. There is no way to twist or validate the logic behind it to make sense of it.

Conservatives or even moderates who did not vote for that stuff will not move to the area progressives have ruined and vacated, because those areas are ruined! Those areas will not magically revert back to sanity.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:01 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
To be fair I only used the words stupid locals because the sheriff called out those who vote democratic in that way using those specific words. I almost never use that word because I have a better vocabulary from all that schooling. I was giving it back in the words and sentiment mirroring the video. But then you’d have to follow the whole narrative from beginning to end - including the video where the sheriff tells everyone how to vote. I realize that it’s a long thread but you do owe it to yourself to be fully informed before being so smug and self righteous.
But that was some story there with the coyotes. Not sure it was relevant but I am sorry that you lost your horse.
Oh, so it's ME (I know, 'it is I' is proper grammar) projecting the smug and self righteousness. Got it. Should talk to my therapist about that. But hey, I live alone and only spend any time around two other people for any length of time. My social skills may have atrophied a bit. Grumpy old man syndrome ya know. As to the term "stupid" that is a word I truly loathe, even unto hatred, due to it's use directed at me by a certain person now removed from my life. It is denigrating, demeaning, is beyond insensitive and displays self grandeur by the person using it at a level well beyond tripping the float switch to activate the bilge pump.

Returning it even in retaliation for it's use dos not speak well as to ones "schooling." But then there are different types of schooling as well. Colleges and universities may well see such terminology as proper these days. From what I've observed of the quality of the faculty in such institutions currently it doesn't shock me that the students under their tutelage are learning to be crass boors et' up with self grandeur. And so it is.

My schooling did not come from any classroom and the lessons I learned often came with severe physical and mental pain. The loss of the horse I related was one such lesson. I was young then. When my mount was injured in that trap the girl who was riding with me had to gallop 2 miles back to the house and get my Dad who then drove out in the truck and dispatched the animal. His fury at what had happened and why I can't put into words. The guy that bought the property and put those traps there lived in the Bay Area. He was tracked down via county assessor records. Yes, "educated sophisticated and monied" he was.

The coyote anecdote is relevant because it displays the level of ignorance those same "educated sophisticated and monied" transplants from the blue septic tank to our West display when they move here from their urban utopias in the land of fruits and nuts. It seems that they have no schooling whatsoever as to the behavior of wildlife, predators in particular, and don't grasp the fact that coyotes are extremely intelligent and are the ultimate survivalists. Instead of respecting the animals from a safe distance they draw them in with platitudes with no thought to the consequences of that. Coyotes are vicious, ruthless highly efficient predators.

Does "schooling" not teach common sense anymore? Or perhaps a type of common sense I in my rural local ignorance just don't understand? That's how my reference applies. While My local peers and I may be not be well versed in what wine pairs best with some exotic dish or as equally ignorant on the subject of proper etiquette whilst interacting with guests from some European country we do know that feeding coyotes, the canniest and arguably most intelligent predator ever to walk the Earth is something you just don't do. Unlike you, my command of vocabulary has been developed via reading. Just reading. Anything and everything I could get my hands on starting young.

We did not have TV until I was like maybe 10. And when we did get one we only pulled in two channels and my folks dictated what was watched and when. And the programming they watched was mostly new aside from my Mom tuning in to The Lawrence Welk show every Sunday night. So I read book. Lots of them. Probably the best vocabulary tutelage I received from them was via Edgar Rice Burroughs novels. The Tarzan series and John Carter stories. I was using words and constructing sentences my peers at school flat did not understand. And my Dad (who did have much higher level education) had an extensive library. I read Nyuen Giaps Peoples War Peoples Army when I was in the 6th grade. Also Tsun Tsu's Art of War Bulfinches Mythology James Clavells Shogun And to many Zane Grey and Louis L"Amour works to put a count to.

That is how a great many people out here in rural very non blue areas began their educations and many did go on to higher level university and college learning after graduation. You might just be amazed at how many such people there are out here with multiple Master degrees in a multitude of subjects. And even folks like me who did not pursue such higher schooling still are far from unlearned. Plus we have much knowledge about things that the greater percentage of people , particularly urban types, do not possess. Because we have lived these things.

People who truly know me, of which there are few, would not label me as smug and self righteous. I assure you my umbrage your first post that began this exchange is hardly rooted in those characteristics. Nor are the qualities I ascribed to you, those being pompousness and arrogance, tied in. I actually strive for a proper level of humility in my character and but rarely will engage outside of those constraints. But every once in a while something trips my trigger. This exchange twixt you and I is one such. I bid you good day sir.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:19 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Florida Sheriff Gives Stern Warning ...

I used to really like this guy, I would watch him on YouTube.

I had no idea what a narrow minded jackass he could be. He should stick to his job and leave the voting to the voters.

I hope his state turns blue, not because of snow birds or migrants, but because the native born Floridians turn to it.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:26 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
I know someone who moved to a coastal city in Florida and moved right back because it took 45 minutes to drive 5 miles!

Quote:
Over 70 percent believe Florida's overcrowding and overpopulation is a major problem. Nearly 60 percent believe that adding another five million people to Florida's population is a serious problem. Forty percent say Florida has become a less comfortable place to live over the past five years.
https://npg.org/specialreports/FL/fl...20five%20years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies