Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 02:21 AM

1,500 posts, read 886,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
It's breathtaking how many people were so scared by this that they spew this complete nonsense.

HALF THE PLANET???? Most people don't even know they had it! The recommended medical prescription is stay home and take it easy for a couple days!

What planet are you living on where this virus doesn't have a 99.5% survival rate?

You people have lost your minds! The media can make anyone think anything I guess. Americans have lost their critical thinking skills. yikes!
Perhaps you didn’t hear that 570,000 Americans died..

If you do get it..even a mild case, you are housebound for minimum of 14 days

These are not media hoaxes

Idiots like you are the lost your mind group
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 04:43 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Should we stop allowing people to drive cars?

Under age 18: You are 190x more likely to die in a car accident over Covid
Ages 19-29: You have a 16x better chance of dieing in a car accident than Covid
Ages 30-39: You have a 6x better chance of dieing in a car accident than Covid
Ages 40-49: You have a 2.5x better chance of dieing in a car accident than Covid
Even at 60! You have a better chance of dieing in a car accident this year than Covid.

You are truly at risk at ages 85+

Should we eliminate car driving? It seems more dangerous than Covid. Anyway its even more reason to not get the vaccine.
If you all would put your cell phones down this wouldn’t be a problem. Might remember to use your blinker while your at it.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:32 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,877,686 times
Car driving isn't contagious. This type of argument was old 10 months ago. Kinda juvenile at this point.

While you are at greater risk of dying as you get older - you don't catch it by Immaculate Infection. You catch it from some young healthy person who doesn't want the vaccine.

We're all in it together - accept it and move on. You're either helping to kill the old people or helping to save them - your choice. No other option.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:37 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
42,000 people died in the last year for traffic deaths. Pretty sure covids more dangerous.

Any more nonsense?
COViD is very dangerous, for the obese.

Please tell us, at what time were you scared for your life during this 15 month pandemic?

Old 04-21-2021, 06:13 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
My brother went to Fl with two friends to play golf..all three got Covid...yes they recovered, after 3 weeks housebound..then returned home and passed the virus to a few others..

Oh year..Fl has so much to brag about
Stats, not anecdotes. Come on. Don't you believe in science?

Old 04-21-2021, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Actually ALL of that happened...in large cities and small..

I have two sisters still working as RNs.....it was horrible..

Live in a county with 5 acute hospitals....all ran out of ICU beds, floors were converted to Covid floors, all elective surgery canceled for months

As a nurse retired for 20 years I constantly received phone calls and emails begging me to come back to work

Next time you babble get your story straight
I challenge you, like the other poster, to provide me with ONE SINGLE INSTANCE where anyone in the USA was denied service because of over crowding, or denied a ventilator if they needed it.

Just one. I'll wait.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:31 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
we have 500,000 "dead" out of THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE MILLION PEOPLE!

That's a TINY amount of our overall population.

Many of those people were killed by governors who put sick people in the same building as 80+ year old nursing home residents!

Do you just look at a number you think sounds big and then let that guide your emotional response?

What part of 99+% survival rate don't you understand? How much more do you want to do for a fraction of 1% chance of death?
What would be a large enough number dead before you might agree with taking some action?

Old 04-21-2021, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
What would be a large enough number dead before you might agree with taking some action?
When did I say not to take any action?

If you are over 80 and not vaccinated, staying at home most of the time is probably good.

Staying away from nursing homes in blue states is probably a good idea.

For everyone else, live your life!

Old 04-21-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
COViD is very dangerous, for the obese.

Please tell us, at what time were you scared for your life during this 15 month pandemic?
Not mine. Last March I recovered in 1-2 weeks. But my wife nearly died. She is just about recovered now.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
When did I say not to take any action?

If you are over 80 and not vaccinated, staying at home most of the time is probably good.

Staying away from nursing homes in blue states is probably a good idea.

For everyone else, live your life!
And the last year before any vaccine was available?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies