Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2021, 02:27 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A travesty of justice, but what did you expect?

1. Floyd died of an overdose

2. Mad Max threatened the jurors

3. BLM said they were going to burn down the country

4. No juror in their right mind would put themselves and their community at risk and had no choice.

The cop is a trophy head on the wall of liberalism.
5. Democrats and their media groomed and brainwashed the public with a false BLM narrative the past few years.

6. Democrats made examples by firing, blacklisting and smearing people who did not follow the false narrative.

Old 04-21-2021, 02:45 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So we agree that to respond to his "ploy" would have cost the officers nothing with respect to their arrest, and even their overall control of the detainee, but likely would have saved Floyd's life.

Not exactly a "ploy" to be dismissed out of hand, then. I think we both agree the argument I was responding to is nonsense in this context, then?

Now the "why" he started saying it prior to being on the ground with Chauvin's knee on his neck? I dunno. Maybe he really was claustrophobic - he said that at one point, too, right? People having anxiety/panic attacks frequently experience that very sensation, no?

Point being, the reasonable course of action was to get him out of the vehicle, get him calm, and then complete the arrest. Call for a larger transport vehicle if necessary, I'm sure Minneapolis PD has something larger than a cruiser or SUV in their motor pool.

What is not reasonable is to remain kneeling on a detainee's neck for 9+ minutes, LONG after he has stopped physically resisting.

Old 04-21-2021, 02:54 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloCleaveland View Post
6) Cops' bodycam videos never released.
The body cam footage was entered into evidence in the court case.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
An appeal will likely fail. The prosecution presented an outstanding case and had a large number of police and medical expert and damning video evidence. The appeal court would have to believe the prosecution’s case was weak and that the jury would not have convicted on the evidence presented if not for waters comment.
I agree!

Old 04-21-2021, 03:17 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
I don't know that I'll post anymore on this thread as it's just too depressing for words. George Floyd was killed and his family will never see him again. Derek Chauvin's life has changed forever, and he certainly won't have a life like he used to. I kept waking up last night thinking of both families and how it's all just so tragic. It's the little things as well as the big things. No more Christmas mornings, no more donuts for breakfast, no more having your pet sleep beside you. Anyway, I know some may laugh at my simplicity, but these are the things that break my heart, no matter whose side you take.

Yes, things need to change with policing, but I acknowledge that cops have to make split-second decisions that can change lives forever. I don't know what the answer is, as situations like these are way above any expertise I have.

I believe in this instance that the verdict was just. For whatever reason Chauvin decided to stay on Floyd's neck. Had he turned him onto his side, administered CPR when he was in distress, called an ambulance, any number of things, this situation may have turned out differently.

Anyway, thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I'll leave you all to it.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
They should appeal and all things being fair the charges should be reversed based on Biden’s senile mouth and timing. But they won’t be.

Shouldn’t be sentencing people based on threats of rioting. Let them riot. These liberal towns that allow rioting to go rampant deserve it. Start with the clown mayor in Chicago.
Biden spoke after the verdict.

No one was sentencing people based on threats. They were going by the evidence that was provided.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Except when mad maxine said her statement, they were not sequestered.
and they were told not to watch the news.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Why on Earth should it be overturned?
I don't think it will but they want it to be true.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:35 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A travesty of justice, but what did you expect?

1. Floyd died of an overdose

2. Mad Max threatened the jurors

3. BLM said they were going to burn down the country

4. No juror in their right mind would put themselves and their community at risk and had no choice.

The cop is a trophy head on the wall of liberalism.
I thought you expected differently. Didn’t you post often about he was not going to be found guilty or am I mixing you up with another poster? You start that giant sticky thread if I’m remembering correctly.
Is this some revisionist history on your part?

Old 04-21-2021, 03:38 PM

2,106 posts, read 978,752 times
I’m surprised it took the jury that long , I’m sure their minds were all made up from day one what they were going to have to do , too scared to vote any other way , too bad all those people testifying was a waste of time , jury knew it too , I’m sure they fell asleep through most of it ,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies