Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 04:48 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,239,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
No need to look abroad, just compare U.S. states. The deep blue hellholes with strict mask mandates and lockdowns invariably fared much worse than the American states that did not do so.
We didn't have lockdowns at all. And mask usage was mixed at best. We took half measures and got predictable results.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:49 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,903,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
We didn't have lockdowns at all. And mask usage was mixed at best. We took half measures and got predictable results.
Yeah, I don't accept your attempts to manipulate language. There were lockdowns in blue states and there continue to be lockdowns in blue states.

The data does not lie and the left's approach (your approach) is an objectively proven failure.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I don't accept your attempts to manipulate language. There were lockdowns in blue states and there continue to be lockdowns in blue states.

The data does not lie and the left's approach (your approach) is an objectively proven failure.
Sure Jan. We had some restaurants, movie theaters, etc closed. People were still going to stores, having house parties, you name it. Hardly a "lockdown". If we had a true lockdown this whole thing would have been over with in 2 weeks rather than stretch out for a year.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:54 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
^^^ See this is what I mean about people just freaking out about covid without even looking into anything.

From the CDC:

The speed of transmission is an important point of difference between the two viruses. Influenza has a shorter median incubation period (the time from infection to appearance of symptoms) and a shorter serial interval (the time between successive cases) than COVID-19 virus. The serial interval for COVID-19 virus is estimated to be 5-6 days, while for influenza virus, the serial interval is 3 days. This means that influenza can spread faster than COVID-19.

Stop spreading fake news!
I would say you’re being purposely obtuse but sadly you believe you’re having a copacetic scientific discussion with me.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Sure Jan. We had some restaurants, movie theaters, etc closed. People were still going to stores, having house parties, you name it. Hardly a "lockdown". If we had a true lockdown this whole thing would have been over with in 2 weeks rather than stretch out for a year.
LOL, you don't understand how contagious COVID-19 is, do you?

There is no way any lockdown would have ever prevented this virus from going through the population. It was going to happen and there is nothing anyone could have done to stop it.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:56 PM

10,442 posts, read 6,974,789 times
Democrats dont believe in data or science. Even Fauci stated masks dont work.

Old 04-20-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
LOL, you don't understand how contagious COVID-19 is, do you?

There is no way any lockdown would have ever prevented this virus from going through the population. It was going to happen and there is nothing anyone could have done to stop it.
Yeah, that's why I criticized what happened as half measures with predictable results. You're agreeing with me but being argumentative about it.

Explain why measures worked incredibly well in Vietnam, Taiwan, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Thailand, Korea, etc despite the fact that they naturally should have been hotbeds.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I criticized what happened as half measures with predictable results. You're agreeing with me but being argumentative about it.

Explain why measures worked incredibly well in Vietnam, Taiwan, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Thailand, Korea, etc despite the fact that they naturally should have been hotbeds.
So you're agreeing that what's happened is pointless and arguing that it should continue indefinitely. You should coach the debate team.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:04 PM

11,774 posts, read 5,787,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Oh, this articles making it's way among the mask haters. Saw it posted yesterday on another forum I visit and some good people there thoroughly debunked most of it.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...cid=uxbndlbing

Better tell your news network it's false - once again they are caught publishing something without researching it.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
So you're agreeing that what's happened is pointless and arguing that it should continue indefinitely. You should coach the debate team.
I'm saying we didn't do enough. Which of course is part of the compromise of having a free society rife with misinformation. But that does not mean that such measures do not work. Countries that took more aggressive measures proved that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies