Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 05:32 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm over it as everyone is making everything a race issue these days. This country has been so divided since Obama and the moee it's shoved down our throats - the more people are fed up. People will become racist due to this endless BS.
and you want to know why it's been about race since President Obama? Because ever since then crazy right wing White terrorist have come out of every crack and crevice. The fact that a Black man had become president was like a waving a red flag in front of a bull.

they started foaming at the mouth.

and lastly, no way no how would this ever ever happen to a white guy. THAT'S why it's about race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 05:32 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
There have been more police killing of POC recently...
...on the news. In reality though, such killings are down from a few years ago and have never been anywhere near as common as people believe.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:36 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
What Chauvin did was excessive but listening to Keith Ellison, Al Sharpton etc....naming all the black people killed by law enforcement is frustrating. You can’t prove this case was about race. George Floyd is not a hero (no he didn’t deserve what happened to him). He robbed and held a gun to a pregnant woman’s belly. Do people not know this? Do they not believe it? Isn’t there any accountability? I can’t handle this virtue signaling.

It is about race, the human race, and one human's mistreatment of another. Of course Floyd isn't a hero but what crime was he accused of that's a capital offense? And how could there be accountability when Chauvin eliminated the possibility?

Old 04-20-2021, 05:36 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Most conservatives with common sense will tell you that there are still acts of racism that go on in this country. But things are getting better. Are they getting better in the time frame that some people would want? No. But they are getting better over time and will continue to get better.

But as white supremacy continues to decrease year after year what we are seeing is more hatred towards white people growing. That's not making things better.
It sounds as though you think racism and hatred toward white people are different things. Why is that?

Old 04-20-2021, 05:38 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,691,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
That's not true. There are a lot of very wealthy radical left people. Most of Hollywood for example.
That's a super small % and most famous people are not going to do stupid $hit to ruin their careers.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:39 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm over it as everyone is making everything a race issue these days. This country has been so divided since Obama and the moee it's shoved down our throats - the more people are fed up. People will become racist due to this endless BS.
Don't worry, all them immigrants coming in South of the border will put a stop to this. Most Hispanics are hard working and like to have peace and quiet.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:40 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
and you want to know why it's been about race since President Obama? Because ever since then crazy right wing White terrorist have come out of every crack and crevice. The fact that a Black man had become president was like a waving a red flag in front of a bull.

they started foaming at the mouth.

and lastly, no way no how would this ever ever happen to a white guy. THAT'S why it's about race.
So no one ever opposed a white president? You do know that presidents past have been assassinated, don't you?

Old 04-20-2021, 05:40 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Liberals judge people by the color of their skin, not the content of their character, OP.

They never think as individuals. Everything to a liberal is group think.
To be fair, that’s not a “liberal” thing, it’s pretty much just an American left thing. To be an actual liberal would not be to endorse much of what the shouty left in this country endorses.

I really wish we’d stop abusing the term liberal here. It’s poor language use at the altar of mere politics.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:41 PM

50,263 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
If one googles "Lee Atwater’s Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy" one will find the southern strategy of the GOP. It is offensive and racist. So much so, I won't post a link, so google it. The US has defined itself by race since the early days of the Virginia colony. Those of us with Black friends knew it was bad, but how bad wasn't realized until these things were caught on camera. Now I know why some of my Black friends still refuse to drive alone at night in rural areas of VA.

We have made progress since I grew up in the segregated south, but there is more to do. Is it any wonder that the GOP welcomes neo-Confederates into their party in VA? Heck, they even have one running for the nomination for governor this year.
It's also why anyone non-black won't drive through a ghetto during the day or night. It works both ways.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:42 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
I wish Keith Ellison, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and all the rest of them would read off all the names of white people (including many cops) killed by blacks in the last 40-50 years. On average, 600-700 a year, per the last stats I saw. Those race hustlers would be reading out the names of white victims for quite some time. Not to mention the fact that they don't have much to say when *thousands* of blacks are killed by other blacks annually.
that's call deflection. No one is ignoring black crime but according to you that means cops have the right to do whatever they want.

So because because some black guy robs someone, a cop has the right to beat the crap outta of me, shoot and kill me at a traffic stop??

that is always the lamest excuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies