Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 07:14 PM

216 posts, read 179,685 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PmdNzGDtQ4

Old 04-20-2021, 07:26 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Pretty sad when a thug, armed robber, abuser of women and drug addict is the poster child of the Democratic party. Hardly surprising I guess considering some of what they have elected to office.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:29 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
I heard her say that. Insensitive and tacky.

Is she going to thank Chauvin for murdering the fellow so that this all came to have such global attention? Makes as much sense.
exactly right.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:33 PM

84 posts, read 61,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Who is this giant backlash coming from other than the Fox News readers? Don’t they always have backlash on just about very thing she or Biden or Harris says? Do they ever not have backlash?
Maybe the backlash is from trump or all the republicans who hate her no matter what she says?
Is there actually any black leaders (non republicans) who are having a big problem with her statement?
I do not totally disagree with you, but the problem is many Americans don't hear about such comments, b/c CNN, MSNBC and the rest of the corporate media tend to not report on this stuff. Occasionally they do, but not often.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:33 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Who is this giant backlash coming from other than the Fox News readers? Don’t they always have backlash on just about very thing she or Biden or Harris says? Do they ever not have backlash?
Maybe the backlash is from trump or all the republicans who hate her no matter what she says?
Is there actually any black leaders (non republicans) who are having a big problem with her statement?
Intense, not 'giant.'

You could always just read the story instead of posting inane questions. Try it sometime.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:37 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,973,860 times
Agree with Pelosi, vile creature that she is. Floyd on some subconscious level decided, they got me, I'm f***ed, I might as well swallow the drugs, act a damn fool, and destroy this cop's life, too. He knew he was a criminal POS but as such, he had no problem fighting his enemy to the end and, even in death, he scored a victory.

I respect that to a degree. A hardened criminal and ruthless fighter, that's what Floyd was. I certainly have similar such people in my family tree. I'm an American, after all.

Because I respect it, though, I know how dangerous it is, and I know a great society cannot be built around it. I respect the rule of law precisely because I understand how dangerous and ruthless people like George Floyd can be. These goofs in Minnesota don't really understand the mentality of a hardened criminal, they honestly think Floyd was in the situation he was in because of racism, bless their hot-dish-eating hearts. That's why, like teenaged kids in a horror movie, they just can't wait to see what's next when you deal a body blow to the rule of law and let organizations like BLM wield real influence.

Pelosi is of a criminal mind herself, which is why she gets this.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:39 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Crazy Nancy and Mad Maxine must be having a contest to see who can be the bigger idiot based on the comments they’re making.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pelosi...crificing-life
That reminds me. I need to use a cab Wednesday, fare should be about $20. Would it dishonor Floyd's legacy if I paid with a real US mint 20 dollar bill?

Old 04-20-2021, 07:57 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Agree with Pelosi, vile creature that she is. Floyd on some subconscious level decided, they got me, I'm f***ed, I might as well swallow the drugs, act a damn fool, and destroy this cop's life, too. He knew he was a criminal POS but as such, he had no problem fighting his enemy to the end and, even in death, he scored a victory.

I respect that to a degree. A hardened criminal and ruthless fighter, that's what Floyd was. I certainly have similar such people in my family tree. I'm an American, after all.

Because I respect it, though, I know how dangerous it is, and I know a great society cannot be built around it. I respect the rule of law precisely because I understand how dangerous and ruthless people like George Floyd can be. These goofs in Minnesota don't really understand the mentality of a hardened criminal, they honestly think Floyd was in the situation he was in because of racism, bless their hot-dish-eating hearts. That's why, like teenaged kids in a horror movie, they just can't wait to see what's next when you deal a body blow to the rule of law and let organizations like BLM wield real influence.

Pelosi is of a criminal mind herself, which is why she gets this.
Idk, I really can't picture Floyd's final thoughts being about the repercussions of his impending death on Chauvin's life.

Old 04-20-2021, 07:59 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,973,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Idk, I really can't picture Floyd's final thoughts being about the repercussions of his impending death on Chauvin's life.
Fair. I can't picture Chauvin thinking, "I bet this guy's dead right now, but f*** him, he deserves it." I know that's what everyone thinks. I just can't personally get there.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:02 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Fair. I can't picture Chauvin thinking, "I bet this guy's dead right now, but f*** him, he deserves it." I know that's what everyone thinks. I just can't personally get there.
Even if true, direct intent to cause Floyd's death was not required by the statutes he was convicted under.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies