Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 11:09 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times

Advertisements

A bad cop killed a bad guy. End of story, can we please move on?

Old 04-21-2021, 12:20 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Nope, the judge didn't state that, he said the defense may be able to raise it as a potential issue on appeal.
Slightly more than a "potential issue"..
"I'll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned,"

Old 04-21-2021, 01:31 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
AOC said justice was him going home to be with his family. Uhh, no stupid *****. Justice was him being charged and then having the justice system determine if he goes home or ends up in jail again. He was an idiot who collided with another idiot with tragedy all around. Best you can say for him was his death got a bad cop off the streets. But to glorify him.... that's idiocy. Even Dopey Joe did that.

Old 04-21-2021, 02:42 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Why are people continuing to glorify that loser and act like he’s some hero like MLK or Rosa Parks? He was NOT a good man.
A simple yes or no question:

Did George Floyd deserve to die for who he was and what he did?

Another simple yes or no question:
Did Derek Chauvin conduct an authorized execution of George Floyd?

No one is glorifying Floyd, and no one is claiming he's a hero.
Was he a good man? According to those who knew him, yes. He was, but he had human weaknesses and failings.

Others say he was a bad man because he was attempting to pass a phony $20 bill and because he had been busted in the past for drugs.

Either version could be said about a lot of other people, some white, some not, some male, some not.

Decide for yourself if George Floyd was so NOT good that he deserved to be slowly strangled by a cop out in the gutter, pinned down by 4 police in full view of people who knew him.

I think not a single one of us deserves an execution that slow, that humiliating, or that brutal.
But that's just me.

if your thoughts differ, so be it. We both have to live with ourselves and our thoughts and actions, just as Derek Chauvin must.

But even though I don't know you, xbox, I do not wish a death like George Floyd's upon you. Or anyone. No matter how bad you are or what you may have done.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:08 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I realize it has NO bearing on reality where the laws of this country sit at this time. However isn't it interesting that EVERY single person of color that has been killed due to police involvement have a rap sheet as well as they were ALL incidences where the individual resisted arrest or the demands of the officers involved. A halfway intelligent or well intending person does what the police officer tells you to do PERIOD. 2nd if you have multiple arrests in your record or a significant history of serious drug use it shouldn't come as a surprise you're headed for a dead end. But no..........our media and liberals running around want to aggrandize these people with these tendencies as if they are pure and innocent and have nothing to do with the outcome which is the end of their lives.
The liberal media tries to promote the false narrative that innocent, law-abiding black Americans are routinely brutalized and killed by the police.

The liberal media have been doing this for decades.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:59 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The liberal media tries to promote the false narrative that innocent, law-abiding black Americans are routinely brutalized and killed by the police.

The liberal media have been doing this for decades.
It doesn’t matter whether someone is not innocent or law abiding, no one should be brutalised and killed by the police. (If police have to use lethal force because they or others are in grave peril, that’s one thing. But that should be rare and in extreme circumstances).

It’s the police’s job to deal with people who are under stress and who are non cooperative. If they can’t do that without killing them they should look for another line of work.

I’m surprised so many on the right are ok with this level of overstep by agents of the state.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:50 AM

585 posts, read 495,481 times
Ok so did he hold a gun to a pregnant woman’s abdomen or not? I find reports where he did hold a gun to a woman but it’s says there is no evidence she was pregnant. Is the info hidden from the public? Was if fabricate? Where is the police report?

Old 04-21-2021, 04:52 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo.

He’ll barely be missed and I’m sure there’s plenty of folks happy to see him off the street.
Chauvin, that is

Old 04-21-2021, 04:55 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Why are people continuing to glorify that loser and act like he’s some hero like MLK or Rosa Parks? He was NOT a good man.
he was not a good man. But he was a man. That cop was not a good cop, but he was a cop.

A bad cop met a bad person. In this event, the cop was wrong for what he did. So we made the world a better place now that both are removed from the equation.

I am ok with with the cost in this case. But I only hope that I am, I am not sure.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:37 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nope that's not what is happening. The only reason Floyd has become a symbol is because of the wrong doing of Chauvin.

Floyd was a human being with flaws. He died passing a phony 20. In the USA we don't kill people for passing phony 20 dollar bills -- not yet anyways.

He has become a symbol of over sealos police authority. That's all.

That's not glorifying.
Interesting. Nancy thanked him for dying, it helped push their agenda. And don't forget the asinine photo op with the Democrats dressed in Kente cloth, there are all kinds of petitions to make a George Floyd holiday. Oh, and don't forget the funeral that was fight for a king.

Yeah, right, he's not being glorified.

While the negligence of Chauvin causing Floyds death is tragic, the world is a better place minus another career criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies