Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 08:13 PM

379 posts, read 155,625 times

Advertisements

I know a guy that’s been a PA for 25 years...somehow he swears he saw people with Covid several months before it was a thing in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 08:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Some blood bank in the US came out with information saying they have COVID antibodies in blood samples in the US months before March 2020.

It's a mystery.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:15 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times
Looking back yes. Early February 2020 I had 2-3 nights of tough sleeping. Woke up wet from sweating. I had a cough and just overall tired during the day. I still went to work but just not 100%.

Then a month later I remember my chest hurting briefly.

I never remember having nights where I sweat like that before. I caught whatever my friend had to because I was around him the day he had similar symptoms that he caught at work.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:15 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I've posted about this before. I believe I had first heard something about COVID, something going on in China, in January of 2020, so I was aware of it. Soon after that, I remember feeling lightly feverish and my breathing was slightly more shallow than normal. It lasted for longer than I'm usually sick, maybe a couple/few weeks. I've always seemed to get mild fevers here and there, usually when I'm tired, so I just assumed it was my body fighting off something. It usually goes away pretty quickly. But I've never had the shallow breathing before. The symptoms were so mild that it didn't even occur to me until later that maybe I had had a mild version of it. It just makes me curious. And I'm surprised it hasn't gone through all of us at this point.
I actually believe if this virus is as virulent as they've claimed that it probably has already gone through most if not all of the population by now. A large majority were probably asymptomatic or "mildly" symptomatic like I was. But I do believe this virus has already made the rounds and probably infected most of us at this point.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:17 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
The coronavirus has been around in different strains for longer than anyone here has been alive and will be here in strains that have yettobe seen long after all of us here are all dead and gone.

There is in fact a large percentage of the population who came into this current situation with "natural immunity," which means they had previously contracted an earlier strain of the coronavirus that is close enough to the current strains to provide immunity.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:17 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
In December of 2019, just before we first started hearing about a virus that would soon spread across the globe, both I and my two business partners got what we thought was the flu.
In Dec 2019 I was ill with flu like symptoms for several weeks. It was the sickest I can remember being in years. I had a nasty cough and mucus that persisted for several additional weeks also. I haven't been sick since then.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:18 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I actually believe if this virus is as virulent as they've claimed that it probably has already gone through most if not all of the population by now. A large majority were probably asymptomatic or "mildly" symptomatic like I was. But I do believe this virus has already made the rounds and probably infected most of us at this point.
Agreed.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:18 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Some blood bank in the US came out with information saying they have COVID antibodies in blood samples in the US months before March 2020.

It's a mystery.
Exactly. I'm thinking perhaps we may have been mislead as far as the timeframe goes with this virus. Perhaps Covid 19 was a thing far before we were told about it. Maybe the "powers that be" thought they could get a handle on it before it became a major problem. Either way, I do believe Covid 19 was here way before we were told about it.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:22 PM

3,647 posts, read 3,783,666 times
I apparently had it in Jan 2020. A relative came to visit although sick. They had been working for people who came back sick from China. I don't worry very much about viral illness. My guest was ill three weeks. I caught it and was sick 5 days.

My doctor was curious as I was not positive for flu, etc.As soon as testing for covid antibodies was available he had me get tested. I had antibodies for covid.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:25 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times
I'm no doctor but I had a theory as to why some people might be dying.

Covid created massive fear amongst the population. The media contributed to a lot of that.

For some people covid was very serious. For a lot of people though I think it got more serious because of the fear with it. When people are stressed there immune system drops from being as effective. If people got covid & now know they have this deadly virus that is killing thousands around the world daily they might stress out a lot. Therefore their immune system drops & covid effects them worse. While as if they just thought it was a regular bug/virus with the assumption they would get better they would survive.

I'm not saying this is the case for everybody but I do think some people fell into this scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies