Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 01:18 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times

Advertisements

I think my kids and I did along with some close friends. We were doing a bunch of traveling and committments. I think that is one of the only reasons why we have not been down with it since it became a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The loss of smell/taste is one of the symptoms that we dont see in tons of other things, so its certainly possible.
I do lose my smell and taste when I get a severe sinus infection. Always have. I usually had to have my husband or son try food to make sure it was seasoned well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doncicmavsfan View Post
I know a guy that’s been a PA for 25 years...somehow he swears he saw people with Covid several months before it was a thing in the US.
Yes. I've heard this from friends especially from some in the medical community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 01:21 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Study of blood samples from Red Cross blood donors has found evidence that there may have been infections on the west coast as early as mid December and possibly in January in the Northeast. It was not able to determine whether any cases were travel related.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance...aa1785/6012472

To those who think they might have had it, where were you when you think you caught it (up to two weeks before you developed symptoms)? Had you traveled outside the country or associated with someone who did?

Some of you have given some of that info, I know.

Old 04-21-2021, 01:30 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Study of blood samples from Red Cross blood donors has found evidence that there may have been infections on the west coast as early as mid December and possibly in January in the Northeast. It was not able to determine whether any cases were travel related.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance...aa1785/6012472

To those who think they might have had it, where were you when you think you caught it (up to two weeks before you developed symptoms)? Had you traveled outside the country or associated with someone who did?

Some of you have given some of that info, I know.
I lived on the west coast during that time. Any travel that we did prior to that time was within the US which concluded in October, but still had events and were around people from other countries the next couple of months afterwards. The end of January, I found out that I would have to travel to my hometown for some business mid February I had a cold I just could not shake. My kids had the same symptoms prior to that.

Old 04-21-2021, 04:58 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
I didn't react to the first shot which people who have had covid usually do, so it's doubtful I ever got it.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:10 AM

8,063 posts, read 12,774,958 times
I was down with something at the end of January 2020 for about a week. I had a Flu shot but that doesn't mean it wasn't the Flu.
I had breathing issues, body aches, and chills. I don't recall losing my sense of smell/taste BUT I didn't eat anything for the whole week so I'm not sure. It took about another two weeks to feel 100%.

Might have been covid, might not have. I did get the covid vaccine and had no side effects which many people who have had covid report so maybe it wasn't covid.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:28 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,983 times
Everyone in the office I worked in at the time was sick from September 2019 on and off through the beginning of the pandemic including me. With sore throat, cough, fatigue and weird symptoms. One guy was coughing for a month straight badly and he was saying the doctors could not figure out why. One lady was hacking around February of 2020 and asked her doctor about Covid. She was dismissed because she wasn’t running a fever.

I’m convinced Covid was around as early as summer 2019.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:52 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Everyone in the office I worked in at the time was sick from September 2019 on and off through the beginning of the pandemic including me. With sore throat, cough, fatigue and weird symptoms. One guy was coughing for a month straight badly and he was saying the doctors could not figure out why. One lady was hacking around February of 2020 and asked her doctor about Covid. She was dismissed because she wasn’t running a fever.

I’m convinced Covid was around as early as summer 2019.
No evidence yet for a date as early as September 2019, and there are other things that can cause the symptoms you describe.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:58 AM

610 posts, read 264,076 times
There was a really nasty respiratory crud going around Metro Detroit in November-December 2019. My step dad had it around Thanksgiving and it took him well over a month to recover and to this day he still gets shortness of breath from time to time. One of my co-workers got something similar around Christmas- hers was so bad she had to get breathing treatments from the doctor.

I don't recall some of the other COVID symptoms (fever, loss of taste and smell) being present, but just a few months later the Detroit area was one of the original epicenters so who knows.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:59 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
We were living near the epicenter of the outbreak in the USA and I thought I might have had it earlier. I still went ahead with the vaccines....if I had a confirmed case of covid, I probably would have passed on getting the vaccine.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:18 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,053,228 times
20 years ago, half of Ft. Lauderdale was sick with upper respiratory infections; including me.
We all thought we had SARS back then, none of us will ever know.
Covid strains were first discovered back in the 1960's I believe, the probabilities many have had different strains other than 19 is fairly high.

The problem I see is the situation being taken advantage of both personally(freedoms restricted), and economically(mass transfer of wealth).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies