Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 10:12 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

- "Half a million of your countrymen are in the ground. Here's a vaccine that has been shown to offer substantial reduction in infection rates and milder effects if you're unlucky enough to actually get infected. Oh, and it's free."

- "Why must you discourage me like that?"

Some people in this country never encountered a stern kindergarten teacher, and by God, it shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
I do think Trump screwed up bigly by not getting his vaccine more publicly.
He'd been busy denigrating every actual expert in the field in favor of his "one day, like a miracle, it will go way" approach. An ego of his size is not going to do anything to even hint that he might have been wrong.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:39 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Once again, a forum member posts something that is based on zero evidence, just something pulled straight out of a hat, and posts it as 'facts.'

What evidence does the OP have that our own government is actively 'discouraging' citizens from getting vaccinated.

A simple online search that takes seconds, show this to be absolutely false.

Key Things to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines

Quote:
Studies show that COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine will also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.

COVID-19 vaccination is an important tool to help us get back to normal. Learn more about the benefits of getting vaccinated.
COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATE

Quote:
Everyone 16 years old and older in every state is eligible for the vaccination. Sign up to get a vaccine as soon as you can.

Old 04-21-2021, 10:47 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Of course, because the source of that remark is science, not a D politician's political beliefs. No one wants permanent masks or lockdowns.
Oh okay

Old 04-21-2021, 12:37 PM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times
Discourage???

Apparently Biden wants to employers to give employees paid time off to get and RECOVER from the vaccine shot/side effects.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/21/covi...usinesses.html

Hellooooo, this is a wake up call no matter side of the vax one is on.

Old 04-21-2021, 02:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I don't think the government is actively discouraging it, quite the opposite, BUT the government hasn't offered us a solid message about anything Covid related, ever. It's true that the injections are actively being promoted but it's also true that we are being told that we might have to wear masks, distance, and present proof of "whatever the government wants" long into the future.

I'm not anti vax, but I haven't taken the Covid injection even though I became eligible this month. It's only going to get easier to get vaccinated going forward so I see no reason to rush out with the mob.

Old 04-22-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
Trump would have encouraged getting the vaccine and given incentives for getting a vaccine.
He kept his own jab a secret for as long as possible - you know that, right?

Old 04-22-2021, 03:57 PM

16,058 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
It seems the US government is doing all it can to discourage people from getting the covid vaccine.
Excerpt :You would think covid is the deadliest virus on earth

Response: Opinion

From my understanding Covid is 10X deadlier than the Flu.

There are 4 different arguments for getting 4 different types of shots.

No pharmaceutical can be held liable in the event of accidental death.

1.% Infection fatality rate meaning 99% who get it survive it.

The Flu has been around for 100 years.
IT killed millions in the first 4 years.
Remnants of the flu remain.
It has not gone away.
It is not going away.
Some people get the vaccine.
Some don't. I didn't.

I suspect the same will apply to this virus man made or not.
4-5 years of Chaos.

Shots for the rest of our lives.........not me ...............well at least for those who wish.

Stay Healthy. Stay Active. Eat Good .Sleep well. Best Medicine.
2 days older than dirt and no prescriptions...............

Best Wishes.

Old 04-22-2021, 09:58 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
Our Governor explicitly stated that if 70% of the population is vaccinated all restrictions could be lifted- and this is coming from Whitmer the shutdown Queen.

I do think Trump screwed up bigly by not getting his vaccine more publicly.
Whitmer will say 70% until 70% is reached. Then it will be a different story.

Old 04-22-2021, 10:13 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Israel is using a digital vaccine passport and facial recognition. This who don’t vaccinate do not have the same rights as those who have chosen to vaccinate.

Imagine trying to pull that off in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies