Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2021, 03:00 PM

754 posts, read 485,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Did he delete the tweet?
Yes, but its the internet so we have saved the image.

https://twitter.com/MikeBoard1200/st...72388966838278
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 03:01 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
The other thing to keep in mind is that cops have reported they are more reluctant to pull the trigger if the criminal is black, knowing how much more outrage it will engender than if the criminal was “only” white.

And it’s a vicious cycle. Every time a white cop kills a black criminal (which occurs maybe one time out of 2 million police encounters), and BLM supporters immediately start rioting and burning and destroying, it sends a message that the consequence for killing a black person - no matter how justifiable it is, such as in the case here - is so severe that poliCe will hesitate more and more, and black criminals will feel more empowered to continue their threatening behavior toward cops.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:04 PM

4,046 posts, read 2,128,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
That beautiful young Lady is gone, that may be the saddest part.

But, the Cop made a split-second decision.......in this case, it looks totally justified.
What do you think is beautiful about her? Her appearance? Her behavior? Her family couldn’t manage her at home and put her into the system. Now they are saying she was an honor student, loving, and all about peace. I know a bit about love and peace having come of age in the sixties. We had arguments with peers, but never physically violent. Having and using a knife was unheard of. And even if she was really an honor student, why should that matter? It is said that George Floyd’s violent and criminal history has no bearing on whether he should have been lethally restrained. Well, neither does honor roll status. When someone is attempting to use a knife on others and is out of control that she doesn’t even stop when the police come, her grades in elementary school or high school have no relevance.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:09 PM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
It is said that George Floyd’s violent and criminal history has no bearing on whether he should have been shot.
For the sake of accuracy, he was not shot.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:10 PM

4,046 posts, read 2,128,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
For the sake of accuracy, he was not shot.
Oops, you are right...I wasn’t thinking..will see if I can fix that.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:11 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
He should have fired a warning shot, if that didn't work, aimed for the knife and shot it out of her hand, and if that didn't work, shot her in the leg. All within 3/4 of a second.
Add sarcasm tag at the end so we know you aren’t serious

Old 04-21-2021, 03:13 PM

1,110 posts, read 671,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3rAhT2lm8A Here is the video in real speed and in slow motion. After all of this I just want to say thank god the dog next to her was not harmed in any way lololololol!!!!!!!
Will the pink jumpsuit girl ever get the opportunity to say 'that policeman saved my life' in an interview?

Old 04-21-2021, 03:15 PM

1,110 posts, read 671,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Wasns't it the girl with the knife that called the police?
This has been said but have no idea if it's factual.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:15 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
Blacks have been killing and savaging each other in the USA for a long time. This isn’t something new but it is getting worse. It’s very sad to see. They’ll riot in the streets over George Floyd but won’t lift one finger to stop the violence that spills over and kills innocent children in Chicago. It won’t stop until they quit hating each other.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...quare-shooting
Most black people don’t kill and savage each other.

Most black people don’t riot in the streets.

And I am going to go out on a limb here and speculate most black people don't witness violent crime.

There is no question that when it comes to gangs , people tend to remain silent to protect family members who affiliate with gangs or out of fear of retaliation, no different than what used to occur during the peak of organized crime family activity.

What has changed is that unlike the mafia and legacy gangs where there was central leadership, gangs today, of every stripe, are splintered into thousands, often down to the block.

There is no “ godfather” calling the shots.

Old 04-21-2021, 03:22 PM

8,208 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I imagine that the family of that girl who was about to be killed is grateful that cop did what he did. Hopefully they will speak up, but Im not holding my breath.
I saved the life of two of the children of my former in-laws. It only made them angry. It was quite confusing to me. There is little logic in their thinking much of the time. One would think that the family of that girl would be grateful, but that's not necessarily the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies