Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2021, 07:39 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
This. ^

Seriously, liberals & BLM people ... wtf is wrong with you? W T F??

You guys are insane for thinking the officer was anything other than a hero.

The headline should be: "Heroic officer saves teen's life in savage knife attack"

You people are morons. Jesus Christ.
There are more posts from right wing folks claiming this, then there are from left wing people doing this.

Reads2Much kicked off a ton of discussion here, and im pretty sure they dont identify as any of those groups, and theyre just asking about how we can do things differently rather then claiming anything like what you imply.

In fact...which posts in this entire thread do you characterize this way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
To be honest, this is way cops don’t want to deal with stupid people anymore since it’s a no win situation... Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
Soo...their job? Seriously, if they want something simpler and easier we've heard about lots of jobs being available. This was a cop doing his job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 07:40 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Wow... it’s sad, but the old saying of play stupid games, win stupid prizes and this case THREE hollow point 9mm bullets to your torso.

Regardless of what anybody thinks, this was a GOOD shooting and without question. Yes, ONE Black female died, but ONE Black female is still alive today.

Who in their mind, draws out a knife and charges another person with knife in hand AND in front of the cops. Well, the end results were that after being shot three times and laying on the ground, I’m pretty sure she knew at that point in time, she screwed up and “sheet” is real.

It’s really sad, that it cost her, her own life. I just hope that people will learn from her mistake that there are some serious consequences for acting a fool... IN FRONT OF THE POLICE!!

As for that guy that kicked the other female in the head... IN FRONT OF THE POLICE... I hope that he was also arrested for assault.

To be honest, this is way cops don’t want to deal with stupid people anymore since it’s a no win situation... Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Will we get to see the toxicology report on the girl with the knife?

Old 04-21-2021, 07:41 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtHome4Ever View Post
I guess the police should just let them kill each other. They should just sit in their cars, wait for them to kill each other and then call the coroner to pick up the bodies.

Then the lives would not matter to Black Lives Matter.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:41 PM

1,265 posts, read 445,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
That was the most important thing.
A normal person with a rational thoughts, it would be the most important thing. The sad thing some all the saw white cop dead black person. Everything leading up to this is irrelevant. Now this cop has to worry about his family and himself due to the hatred.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:44 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtHome4Ever View Post
I guess the police should just let them kill each other. They should just sit in their cars, wait for them to kill each other and then call the coroner to pick up the bodies.
We are fast approaching that day. We , as a society, earned that day.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:46 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
There are more posts from right wing folks claiming this, then there are from left wing people doing this.

Reads2Much kicked off a ton of discussion here, and im pretty sure they dont identify as any of those groups, and theyre just asking about how we can do things differently rather then claiming anything like what you imply.

In fact...which posts in this entire thread do you characterize this way?

Soo...their job? Seriously, if they want something simpler and easier we've heard about lots of jobs being available. This was a cop doing his job.
The administration of the President of the United States of America made the narrative about this incident "police violence" and racism. This isn't just about right wingers being hypersensitive about something, you have a very conscious attempt by very powerful people to spin an incredibly dishonest narrative about things like this. This incident was about an out of control and dangerous young woman being justifiably killed to protect another young woman, and the administration says this is about " police violence"? What dystopia have I landed in?

Old 04-21-2021, 07:47 PM

6,667 posts, read 2,972,733 times
This is a good channel to see what cops deal with.

Basically, like the show Cops, but just the cams.

https://youtu.be/N78JitI93i0

Old 04-21-2021, 07:48 PM

3,078 posts, read 3,264,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I agree with you, I can imagine some situations where a warning shot would be effective. I just don't think that this particular situation was one of them.
Nope, no, nope, never. Discharging a firearm should have specific intent and understanding of the implications. If you fire a gun in the air, that bullet is going to land somewhere. Firing it into the ground can lead to ricochets. Firing it any other direction, well, that speaks for itself. This notion of a "warning shot" needs to just go away, it's the antithesis of safely utilizing a firearm. You absolutely don't pull the trigger unless the direct intent is to neutralize a threat, period.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:50 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I agree with you, I can imagine some situations where a warning shot would be effective. I just don't think that this particular situation was one of them.
HO LEE CHIT.

This is probably the most ridiculous comment I have seen on these message boards.

Step away from your computer and go read and educate yourself. This isn't the movies, this is real life.

I think you're listening to senile Joe Biden too much. "Fire two blasts from your double barreled shotgun into the air"

WTF???????

Old 04-21-2021, 07:51 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
You'd be wrong. I'm a proud gun owner and have experience practicing with both stationary and moving targets. Guess what? I'm not a police officer. I know the reason why police are trained to take the shots they take. I simply suggested that with a bit more training, officers could possibly take a few less lives while still doing their job.

Knowing how to shoot is not just something done with Hollywood special effects. Some of us can actually do the things you see on the big screen.
As a gun owner then, you should know it would be irresponsible to try to shoot at a moving target like the leg, which is how many square inches target? With people so close, in a matter of a second or two decision. That kind of responsibility gets innocent people killed, injured, and the attacker can still kill as a leg shot does not exactly guarantee any sort of immobilization, I should know, I been shot in the arm before and still did just fine, and did not even realize I had been shot until several seconds later. If I was trying to kill someone, I would have been successful.

It is Hollywood to twirl your gun and shoot the knife out of the hand, to shoot someone in the foot and they go tumbling, all BS for movies. In real life, it does not work that way.

They do get training, the training is to hit the largest part of the body. Any training other than that, is not training at all, it is setting up a scenario for failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies