Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2021, 11:07 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,233,950 times

Advertisements

Her mom is going to sue. Who ? She isn’t sure yet. Mom blames the foster care system. What a joke.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...-daughter.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 12:09 PM

17,355 posts, read 14,606,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Her mom is going to sue. Who ? She isn’t sure yet. Mom blames the foster care system. What a joke.

From the article:

Quote:
It was not immediately clear who the family wants to sue or when it would be filed - but members of the family have claimed Bryant was failed by the foster care system before her death.
What the hell?

Makhia was failed BY HER PARENTS.

Also, the mom has not only hired a lawyer but a public relations representative.

Can someone pay the girl in the pink tracksuit some big bucks already for her interview? That's the person I want to hear from.

Old 04-24-2021, 12:17 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
https://bongino.com/new-footage-from...ing-the-truth/

Scroll down to the bottom - new video on the incident from a different view and that girl was out to harm her.
Both the girl with the knife and the guy kicking the other girl were violent thugs. Who in the hell kicks a prone girl in the head and tries to stab another girl, with the police standing a few feet away?? Worthless thugs, that's who.

What is tragic is how individuals like these two, become thugs. The who was girl shot was forced into foster homes, because her mother was a dysfunctional POS, and I'm betting her father was probably absent her entire life. No amount of free checks from Biden's piggy bank, or spending trillions on "green energy" or defunding the police will fix that crap. But dumb people think so, which is why Biden got elected.

Old 04-24-2021, 12:21 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
From the article:

What the hell?

Makhia was failed BY HER PARENTS.

Also, the mom has not only hired a lawyer but a public relations representative.

Can someone pay the girl in the pink tracksuit some big bucks already for her interview? That's the person I want to hear from.
The truth is, if Makhia was allowed to murder that girl, no one would know her name, and race baiters like King James wouldn't even care. Just as he didn't care when Nyaria Givens, 13, was stabbed to death a few days earlier.

Old 04-24-2021, 12:43 PM

39,195 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post

The real joke is that she probably would be awarded some money in a settlement.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:31 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Given the video evidence, the narrative is a tough sell in this case. But America's "newspaper of record" is doing all it can.

Quote:
It’s More Than Just Tragic’: Ma’Khia Bryant and the Burden of Black Girlhood

The fatal shooting of a 16-year-old in Columbus, Ohio, highlights the different standards that young Black girls are held to.

“Ma’Khia Bryant was a child.”
— Brittany Cooper, the author of “Eloquent Rage”

...some experts, after watching the footage, have pointed out that Ms. Bryant was armed and seemed to be acting erratically, deeming the use of deadly force justifiable.
But the timing of the shooting — on the same day that the former Minneapolis officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of murdering George Floyd last May — underscored, for many, the incessant drumbeat of police brutality and systemic racism.

Ms. Bryant’s young age — so evident in her giggly TikTok videos, dancing and doing her hair like any teenage girl — also highlights the unique burden of Black girls: In media coverage, Ms. Bryant has consistently been referred to as a woman, and her behavior and her body size have been scrutinized to suggest that she presented a large, uncontainable threat to everyone at the scene.
---
For me as a mother — I have a 16-year-old — whenever videos of these incidents come out, I wait a significant amount of time to watch it because I don’t want to see the loss of life of another young Black person for something senseless. It really tears away at your soul. At any given time, that could have been me; that could have been my daughter, my niece or any of the girls that I work with. So when I did see the video, I saw someone who just reacted and didn’t take a lay of the land in terms of what was happening, didn’t ask questions, didn’t try to interrupt the fight.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/24/u...ia-bryant.html

The author:

Quote:
Alisha Haridasani Gupta is a gender reporter covering politics, business, technology, health and culture through the gender lens.
https://www.nytimes.com/by/alisha-haridasani-gupta

Old 04-24-2021, 11:39 PM

728 posts, read 302,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The real joke is that she probably would be awarded some money in a settlement.

Yup. $50 million sounds about right.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:42 PM

33,999 posts, read 17,030,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

What is tragic is how individuals like these two, become thugs. The who was girl shot was forced into foster homes, because her mother was a dysfunctional POS, and I'm betting her father was probably absent her entire life. No amount of free checks from Biden's piggy bank, or spending trillions on "green energy" or defunding the police will fix that crap. But dumb people think so, which is why Biden got elected.
That is true. Moynihan's famous book on the dysfunctional lifestyle choices of inner city America should have led us to recognize there is no "work around" to dysfunction. Heather does not need 2 mommies, she needs one mommy, one daddy, both raising her to be a law-abiding citizen.

Old 04-25-2021, 02:59 AM

27,132 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I wouldn't call that "threatening", I'd call that attempting to stab.

I agree.

You can't just start swinging a knife around, and the other girls life had to be considered, in what was a split second decision.

Those brandishing knives or other weapons are sometimes shot in other countries, and terrorist attacks using knives have also been a feature in recent years.

The police may try to use a taser or less lethal force where appropriate over in the Ohio case, the distance between her and the other girl, the lunging movement and the swinging of the knife in such a violent way meant the officer had to make a split decision in order to save the other girls life.

This is not unique to the US and people are shot in other countries in relation to wielding knives, axes and other such weapons.

London shooting: Knifeman shot dead by Westminster police - BBC News (March 2020)

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-25-2021 at 03:16 AM..

Old 04-25-2021, 03:01 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,465,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Correct, this is Obama’s third term.

The media doesn’t have Trump to bash for ratings, so now it will go back to bashing cops.

Every single police interaction will now be scrutinized by the media, and have the potential to go viral.
They`ll also be scrutinized by the victims..as it should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies