Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2021, 09:26 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,567,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Deaths are at all time lows.
Quote:
When did I say they were the lowest ever? That surely wasn't me.
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 09:32 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
No surprise, you are suggesting to lie to someone to get them off your back.

So much for personal responsibility...
I actually laughed out loud when I read this.

You're asserting that by not wearing a mask, you're not accepting responsibility for someone else's health.

Yeah. Ok. And?

I'm having a cheeseburger for lunch. If I die of a heart attack next year, it's your fault, because you didn't stop me. Why didn't you accept responsibility for my health?

You have this so fundamentally wrong, like I said, I literally laughed.

Old 04-23-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
If you live in a red state, you can actually live and are FREE to make your own decisions. As someone that lives in a blue state most of the time and Florida part of the time, I can't get over the difference! WOW, Florida treats their citizens like adults. Pennsylvania treats us all like children! It is what it is, but I will NEVER vote blue again!
You're conflating a pandemic with public safety measures, they aren't the same thing.

Lifting a mask mandate doesn't automatically mean there is no covid pandemic within that geopolitical boundary.

Old 04-23-2021, 09:42 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
It has killed 570k people.

Okay, what are the odds of dying from a case of covid for an obese person age 65? I'm curious where you draw the line for little to be concerned about.
Quote:
derp derp. 570,000 seems like a big number so I'm going to use it to panic. Derp.

OUR COUNTRY HAS 335 MILLION PEOPLE! 570,000 is NOTHING! many of those people were killed purposely by a nutcase governor that purposely put infected people in the same residence as old, sick people in nursing homes!

Do you understand macro statistics at all? Do you understand the difference between "570k" and 335 Million?

Stop fear mongering and get ahold of yourself. You have a 10% chance, pre-vaccine of getting the virus. You have a one in many thousands chance of actually dying from the virus.

You have taken more risk every day you've driven in your entire life than the virus ever presented to you.

Snap out of it.
The 500,000+ death number is greatly exaggerated. In fact, it is misinformation.

That is the number of people who have died WITH covid, not the number of people who have died directly OF covid.

It is important that people who care about the truth not concede or consent to false premises or numbers that misrepresent the truth.

Old 04-23-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The 500,000+ death number is greatly exaggerated. That is the number of people who have died WITH covid, not the number of people who have died directly OF covid.
Yes I know you're always trying to pretend the death amount is false and that vaccines aren't really vaccines, I'll go with the scientists all over the world instead of some guy on the internet who does everything he can to trivialize the pandemic.

Old 04-23-2021, 09:46 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
What is your magic number that will be an acceptable level of deaths that you will not longer want to have ridiculous restrictions, mask mandates, etc.

You cited a number and expressed concern over it, so obviously you should have a number in your mind that would be acceptable to you?

What is it?
Just as a point of reference, the death rate among human beings is ultimately 100%.

We are all expendable, and in fact, we are all being expended. Death is inevitable for all of us.

Old 04-23-2021, 09:48 AM

8,939 posts, read 2,960,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
You're conflating a pandemic with public safety measures, they aren't the same thing.

Lifting a mask mandate doesn't automatically mean there is no covid pandemic within that geopolitical boundary.
Masks don't stop viral transmission. They are a placebo for weak minded people.

Old 04-23-2021, 09:51 AM

8,939 posts, read 2,960,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The 500,000+ death number is greatly exaggerated. In fact, it is misinformation.

That is the number of people who have died WITH covid, not the number of people who have died directly OF covid.

It is important that people who care about the truth not concede or consent to false premises or numbers that misrepresent the truth.
No doubt. And of that number, 80+% are people over 80 with other health conditions.

Also, tens of thousands of them were people purposely infected in nursing homes in PA, NJ and NY with that absurd policy of putting infected people in with a population of the most vulnerable people.

If you're under 75 and are in good health, your chances of dying from covid are like getting struck by lighting or hitting the mega millions.

Old 04-23-2021, 10:06 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,872,571 times
your chances of dying from covid are like getting struck by lighting or hitting the mega millions.

Good. Then you agree - this whole thing must be about something OTHER than death, right?

And it is.

As has been stated many times - by every nation in every corner of the COVID globe - it's about resources.

Old 04-23-2021, 10:14 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
your chances of dying from covid are like getting struck by lighting or hitting the mega millions.

Good. Then you agree - this whole thing must be about something OTHER than death, right?

And it is.

As has been stated many times - by every nation in every corner of the COVID globe - it's about resources.
who is responsible for health care resources?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies