Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2021, 01:37 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You are damn straight, that I am just as selfish as you can be.

I got an idea. I get to think for you full time, and if you say NO I get to threaten or harm you with violence.
I'm not telling you what you should think, you have said what you think.

I'm questioning the morality of your actions, and you have answered.

The problem with your actions is that YOU aren't giving those who you could potentially expose to a deadly virus, any say. You want all the power and none of the repercussions.

At least you recognize yourself as being selfish. It might be a first step.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 07:27 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
The pandemic will never be over. Covid is here to stay. While I don't expect events to be closed permanently if they can help it, we are going to be masking and social distancing forever.
Correction. YOU are going to be masking and social distancing forever. I’m done. You want to sit inside and destroy your immune system then by all means do it. I have been vaccinated and have been going out and living my life for months even before that. We have to learn to live with this thing. People in pre-antibiotic and pre-vaccination days lived with much worse. This is nothing compared to that.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:31 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post

The problem with your actions is that YOU aren't giving those who you could potentially expose to a deadly virus, any say. You want all the power and none of the repercussions.

So in reality, YOU could pass along a "deadly" virus (even the flu is very deadly to some people) EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Really, it's immoral for you to even leave your house and interact with people. You COULD be killing someone.

And actually, your chances of killing someone with your car are much higher than any virus. You really should sell your car and not drive motor vehicles any longer.

It's immoral.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:31 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is all about control for the ringleaders who continue to push this agenda, including the corporate media. They will continue to crank this up whenever the fear starts to subside. They will never voluntarily let this go.

If you want your freedom, you are going to have to stand up for it, insist on it, and in some cases, to fight for it.
Needed to be repeated.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:35 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:

But those people have the option to stay home, get vaccinated or wear a mask and stay away from people. We can’t live are lives in fear and destroy our freedoms for people who won’t do something to protect themselves when they have opportunity to do so.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:35 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sure I am. I am fully immune from other people thinking my person, is somehow their Property.
I certainly wouldn't want that property.....

Old 04-23-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
In case you haven't noticed, the world is connected. Poor countries, Brazil, India and others who are out of control will create coronovirus strains and they can come here. Sure the vaccine so far has shown to deal with the variants also, but if this continues, there will be several variants and cause spread here.

What happens in other parts of the world will affect us.
The fact that you used "strains" instead of "variants" demonstrates that you don't even understand the basics of what you're talking about.

I'm no virologist, but at least I put in some effort to understand this stuff. From what I've seen, the fear crowd... doesn't. I've only rarely seen any indication whatsoever that anyone on "that side" (the side of ignorance, dependence, fear and authoritarianism) even bothers to pick up a dictionary, much less delve deeper to understand the concepts at play.

Keep being afraid. Those of us who got past it have stopped living in fear, are much happier than those who cower at home and - surprise - aren't dying off in droves.

At some point, you WILL realize that you've been played. The only question is, will it be before or after it's too late?

Old 04-23-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
We are talking about the virus. You are not immune.

Question.

Don't you see your view as selfish? Uncaring for others?

I know, I see it the way.
Because you've been conditioned to see it that way.

Two years ago, you didn't give a flying F about walking around maskless, potentially infecting people with that year's influenza variant, tuberculosis or any other respiratory bug. Never even crossed your mind.

How selfish.

ETA: And no, it's not selfish for a healthy person to not act like a sick person. It's insane to expect them to.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:42 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Correction. YOU are going to be masking and social distancing forever. I’m done.
No they won't, you're basing decisions on irrational fear. CDC has already updated their mask guidance once based on vaccinations, and will likely update it again soon removing mask recommendations for most outdoor activities. States are doing the same, either loosening or planning to loosen covid guidelines as vaccination totals increase and cases start to level off and drop.

You saying "you're done" when entire country is almost rounding the corner sounds like Veruca Salt's famously impatient I want an oompa loompa nooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is all about control for the ringleaders who continue to push this agenda, including the corporate media. They will continue to crank this up whenever the fear starts to subside. They will never voluntarily let this go.
These posts you're making won't age well, bookmarked for future giggling over your fear-mongering predictions.

Old 04-23-2021, 07:43 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Because you've been conditioned to see it that way.

Two years ago, you didn't give a flying F about walking around maskless, potentially infecting people with that year's influenza variant, tuberculosis or any other respiratory bug. Never even crossed your mind.

How selfish.
1.5 million died in 2019 during the TB pandemic, remember how business were ordered closed, we were told wear masks and stay 6ft apart?

Yeah me neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies