Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 01:33 PM

379 posts, read 155,849 times

Advertisements

This is a topic that doesn’t require a positive or negative opinion about Trump — just a simple attempt at discussing his popularity.

I feel Trump is the most well known and discussed living person to ever exist...by far. Some may say what about Hitler? Well the world population was around 3 billion during Hitler’s time. AND there was no internet.

I don’t know that there is any way to quantify the amount of TV/radio news coverage, forum posts, comment section discussions, newspaper articles, magazine articles, etc, etc. Does Google have a number for the amount of time the name Trump has been typed on the internet?

He is literally the most famous person in the history of humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 01:36 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,224,030 times
No, there isc no way to quantify this. But I cannot see him as "the most famous oerson in the hitory of humanity." I don't know who that might be, but it isn't Trump. Is Trump more "famous" than Jesus Christ? That's one I'd nominate. There are a lot of people more famous on a worldwide basis than Trump, even on a national basis.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:37 PM

929 posts, read 304,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doncicmavsfan View Post
This is a topic that doesn’t require a positive or negative opinion about Trump — just a simple attempt at discussing his popularity.

I feel Trump is the most well known and discussed living person to ever exist...by far. Some may say what about Hitler? Well the world population was around 3 billion during Hitler’s time. AND there was no internet.

I don’t know that there is any way to quantify the amount of TV/radio news coverage, forum posts, comment section discussions, newspaper articles, magazine articles, etc, etc. Does Google have a number for the amount of time the name Trump has been typed on the internet?

He is literally the most famous person in the history of humanity.
Sorry, that person would be Jesus Christ.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:37 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times
I am sure he is for a small subset of people. Mostly American, mostly angry.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:40 PM

8,343 posts, read 2,970,216 times
Most of the Trump talk is done by those that are waiting for the TDS vaccine. And least here on CD.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:40 PM

379 posts, read 155,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
No, there isc no way to quantify this. But I cannot see him as "the most famous oerson in the hitory of humanity." I don't know who that might be, but it isn't Trump. Is Trump more "famous" than Jesus Christ? That's one I'd nominate. There are a lot of people more famous on a worldwide basis than Trump, even on a national basis.
What was the world population during the time of Jesus? And again...no internet.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:45 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,843,144 times
I don't know about the historical context, but the media sure seems to be stumbling around trying to fill their 24/7 "news" quota with something besides Trump.

Trump provided them with an "outrage of the day." Now, since their drumbeat anti-Trump narrative has been gutted, the resulting vacuum makes their blatant bias that much more noticeable. OTOH, Fox still has their 'Dem. outrage of the day' working, but need someone else to defend.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:46 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,078,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doncicmavsfan View Post
What was the world population during the time of Jesus? And again...no internet.
There is a 2000+ year history of churches, theologians, schools and universities, laypeople and so forth all discussing Jesus Christ and His ministry and divinity.

Trump was actively involved in politics for roughly 6 years.

And the world population during Jesus’ human life is irrelevant to your original question.

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 04-25-2021 at 01:56 PM..

Old 04-25-2021, 01:47 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
No , Trump would say it was Jesus, fact is Trump said that already many times.. unlike John Lennon who said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:48 PM

10,181 posts, read 11,169,862 times
There's some on this forum, who just won't let him go. They are Liberals, who feel the need to Chit, Eat and Dream of him daily.

Just look at the Trump threads, you'll see who they are.

They seem very bitter in their lives. Sad and scary really.

Being angry is not a good way of life. Look at the Rioters, They are scary bad. I bet some of them post on here. Blue hair, chit smeared on their face. Ick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies