Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 12:31 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Incorrect. I work for the NY Health Exchange, and had a call this week from a woman whose sister is here from overseas on a visa and who applied for, and received Emergency Medicaid through...... wait for it...... New York State of Health.

AKA, the NY ACA Marketplace.

The NYSH grants emergency medical services to foreign visitors - the key word being emergency medical services. We're talking trauma from a car accident, heart attack, etc. This should not include the type of illness that that the OP described - a pre-existing illness that requires prolonged treatment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 09:02 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
And other visas doesn't mean B-2 visa. Nowhere does it say B-2 visa

If I say dogs, cats, and other animals are suitable as pets; using your logic that means a tiger is a suitable pet.

And then there is this. It's funny to me how I keep finding facts that directly contradicts what you said.

Oh I know, I know. You're going to reply with the usual: But I didn't know Obamacare and ACA is the same thing?!!! No, wait. Let me try again: But I wasn't talking about Obamacare!!! I was talking about ACA!!

LOL.
You are wrong still.

I am not qualified to explain what "legally present" means, but here's a lawyer's explanation in regarding to the eligility for ACA:

https://www.nilc.org/issues/health-c...wfullypresent/

“Nonimmigrant Visa Holders

Nonimmigrant visa holders include tourists, students, and visitors on business, as well as individuals who are permitted to live and work in the U.S. indefinitely. Nonimmigrants may have a status granted under 8 U.S.C. section 1101(a)(15)(A) through (V) or by a treaty such as the one described below. ... Nonimmigrants who have not violated the terms of their status are considered “lawfully present.

Old 04-27-2021, 10:58 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You are wrong still.

I am not qualified to explain what "legally present" means, but here's a lawyer's explanation in regarding to the eligility for ACA:

https://www.nilc.org/issues/health-c...wfullypresent/

“Nonimmigrant Visa Holders

Nonimmigrant visa holders include tourists, students, and visitors on business, as well as individuals who are permitted to live and work in the U.S. indefinitely. Nonimmigrants may have a status granted under 8 U.S.C. section 1101(a)(15)(A) through (V) or by a treaty such as the one described below. ... Nonimmigrants who have not violated the terms of their status are considered “lawfully present.

Let's look to the insurance companies who are selling insurance to foreign travelers and what do they say:

Quote:

Obamacare eligibility for foreign visitors to USA. PPACA or ACA or Affordable Care Act Eligibility for tourists to USA.

Foreign visitors to the USA are not eligible for Obamacare, officially known as Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) or Affordable Care Act (ACA).

Short term insurance plan are non ACA compliant.

Quote:

Impact of Obamacare on visitors to the US and US Expatriates

Are visitors to US eligible for this Obama Care? No. This facility is not available for visitors to the US no matter if their family members be it sons or daughters or parents are US citizens. As long as they are short term visitors to US they have to pay their medical bills on their own during their visit in the United States. For this reason we have a number of short term travel insurance/health insurance plans available for visitors to US.

Quote:

How does Visitors Health Insurance Work?

Visitor’s insurance is not Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant. Preventive care, pre-existing conditions, and maternity coverage are typically excluded benefits.

Quote:
Are visitors medical insurance plans ACA (Obamacare) compliant?

Travel medical insurance policies are not ACA compliant because they do not need to be. Travel medical insurance policies are for travelers or visitors who want coverage outside of their home country. As a traveler or visitor in the U.S., you are not mandated to have an ACA compliant policy.

I literally cannot find any visitor insurance says they are required to be compliant with ACA.

I also cannot find any ACA site that allows someone with a B-2 visa to sign up.

If you can find either of the above, you win. Otherwise, it's just BS.

Old 04-28-2021, 01:23 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Let's look to the insurance companies who are selling insurance to foreign travelers and what do they say:

I literally cannot find any visitor insurance says they are required to be compliant with ACA.

I also cannot find any ACA site that allows someone with a B-2 visa to sign up.

If you can find either of the above, you win. Otherwise, it's just BS.

Good work.

The whole premise is absurd. Insurance companies are not going to offer visitors health insurance that covers non-urgent care or elective surgeries. It just doesn't exist.

This link shows who can buy regular health insurance and who can't.

https://help.ihealthagents.com/hc/en...-a-US-Citizen-

Old 04-28-2021, 05:48 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,950,948 times
Quote:
The NYSH grants emergency medical services to foreign visitors - the key word being emergency medical services. We're talking trauma from a car accident, heart attack, etc. This should not include the type of illness that that the OP described - a pre-existing illness that requires prolonged treatment.

Did you read the post I was ACTUALLY responding to? I wasn't responding to the OP.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:44 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
They aren’t coming here for free healthcare; they are coming for jobs and a better life for their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies