Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2021, 08:18 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
We don't need the media for that. American society has been very divided along racial, ethnic, and class lines forever.
Bill O'Reilly has said it a long time ago, "This country is divided by class, not by race." There are a lot truth in that statement.

reparations for slavery is also another hot topic. Saying one thing wrong will definitely give the non-white people a 'racist' label. But truth still needs to be told.

it’s the democrats that push this idea, even though they were the historical offenders with slavery and segregation. I would think that if individuals who KNOW they have a historical association AND that wealth made it to them, they should open a charity organization to help marginal families or give scholarships etc…but using this cultivated guilt as a manipulation of politics is just evidence of the absence of character in politics, which really, is not news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
What is happening to white people? Absolutely nothing. No white person life has become worse as a result of any of this. People protest cops, and white people choose to take offense to that. That's white people getting themselves upset. But I don't know of any coordinated attack to persecute white people. And you'll never see it in this country.
well, I am not even 100% white, but I am sick and tired of people keep on telling white folks to check their white privilege. I have many poor white friends, I also have quite a few black friends who are financially well off. I can clearly see who are more "privileged. " Just one example

Like I posted earlier, this country is divided by class, not by race. It has been this way for a very long time. Koby used to live about 15 minutes away from my parents' house. I am pretty damned sure that there is not one white person who does not want to live next to Koby Bryant.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:23 AM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
During the Civil War, approximately 6% of the entire white male population gave their lives and died for freedom and ending slavery. The debt has been paid, and black people owe white people gratitude for that.
1) It was not a fight to free the slaves for the North. It was a fight to keep slavery for the South. Don't get it mixed up. Go look up the New York Draft riots. There were many who didn't want to fight at all.

2) Blacks were 10% of the Union Army. 40,000 Black soldiers died fighting for the Union. This is high considered a lesser likelihood of being in combat due to prejudice against Black soldiers. And what happened to Black soldiers when they were captured was scary. Black soldiers who were captured by the Confederates were treated much worse than White Union soldiers. Look up the massacre at Fort Pillow.

Black people don't owe anyone anything. Black people were fighting in the Civil War as well. And Black people were trying to free themselves before that, through running away or through slave rebellions.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:24 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,585,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Bill O'Reilly has said it a long time ago, "This country is divided by class, not by race." There are a lot truth in that statement.

reparations for slavery is also another hot topic. Saying one thing wrong will definitely give the non-white people a 'racist' label. But truth still needs to be told.

it’s the democrats that push this idea, even though they were the historical offenders with slavery and segregation. I would think that if individuals who KNOW they have a historical association AND that wealth made it to them, they should open a charity organization to help marginal families or give scholarships etc…but using this cultivated guilt as a manipulation of politics is just evidence of the absence of character in politics, which really, is not news.

Unforuntately racial agitation is squarely coming from both sides. And there is a much more toxic blend coming from so-called conservatives now. In an effort to grow a bigger tent, they decided to get in bed with white nationalism. It has died down a bit, but republicans have been playing the white identity politics card for awhile. And it's been incorporated into some of the language of mainstream conservatives like Tucker Carlson who adopts their verbiage.

I'm a lot more well read on this. I've followed so-call white nationalism on the internet for years. I remember when they use to lurk IRC 20 years ago. And yes, they are pure racist. They have just mastered the art of weaseling and verbiage. Currently there are people who argue David Duke being racist. Like seriously? So racial agitation has definitely made its way into the Republican Party.

If you want to have a clearer picture of racism. I would recommend getting away from party lines, because they really do blind people to their own hypocrisy.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Unforuntately racial agitation is squarely coming from both sides. And there is a much more toxic blend coming from so-called conservatives now. In an effort to grow a bigger tent, they decided to get in bed with white nationalism. It has died down a bit, but republicans have been playing the white identity politics card for awhile. And it's been incorporated into some of the language of mainstream conservatives like Tucker Carlson who adopts their verbiage.

I'm a lot more well read on this. I've followed so-call white nationalism on the internet for years. I remember when they use to lurk IRC 20 years ago. And yes, they are pure racist. They have just mastered the art of weaseling and verbiage. Currently there are people who argue David Duke being racist. Like seriously? So racial agitation has definitely made its way into the Republican Party.

If you want to have a clearer picture of racism. I would recommend getting away from party lines, because they really do blind people to their own hypocrisy.
Well, at least your last paragraph is fair enough, I will get away from party lines.

But truth still is the truth, which is

I would think that if individuals who KNOW they have a historical association AND that wealth made it to them, they should open a charity organization to help marginal families or give scholarships etc…but using this cultivated guilt as a manipulation of politics is just evidence of the absence of character in politics, which really, is not news.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:27 AM

6,643 posts, read 2,956,027 times
Quote:
But I don't know of any coordinated attack to persecute white people.
Do you know of any coordinated attack to persecute black people?

Old 04-23-2021, 08:30 AM

27,547 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
We don't need the media for that. American society has been very divided along racial, ethnic, and class lines forever.
Blacks and whites have had equal rights in America since 1970.

The distant past does not rule the present or the future.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, at least your last paragraph is fair enough, I will get away from party lines.

But truth still is the truth, which is

I would think that if individuals who KNOW they have a historical association AND that wealth made it to them, they should open a charity organization to help marginal families or give scholarships etc…but using this cultivated guilt as a manipulation of politics is just evidence of the absence of character in politics, which really, is not news.
You assume that none of this stuff is happening. It is. The problem is that grass root efforts to help under privileged communities get little to no coverage. People just take what CNN and Fox News covers and make that the basis of reality. For example oriole love to bring up Chicago. Yet fail to mention Chicago is relatively safe and the problem areas are in a handful of blocks. And this is usually resulting from gang violence. Which has been an issue with Chicago since the early 20th century

The reality is people don’t care about reality. People want just have something in their head, log into the internet and blast off things they know nothing about. There use to be a time when the conservatives were the sensible and nuanced voices. But conservatives really let the so-called alt right into the circle. And that movement is all about being edgy and offending people. Which is why every thread is just some face baiting nonsense that only lives based on prolonged circle jerks before someone pops in and debunk whatever garbage premise they start. Then they disappear only to make another nonsensical click bait edge lord thread latter.

I consider myself very much conservative. But I don’t associate with this nonsense. And terms like white guilt are just calls to identity politics. Which I don’t really like on either side. I’m all about talking about race, but if we can’t also talk about history then any talks about race are pointless. A lot of racial threads are agenda threads. This agenda to victimize white people. And I think it’s frankly pathetic

Old 04-23-2021, 08:38 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Black people need to take responsibility for their own lives and communities and stop blaming others.
Indeed- However, every bum and grifter will seek whatever free treasures they can secure through intimidation and absurd narratives.

I do not blacks for reparations shakedowns and payments from municipalities. I blame the liberals for giving such absurd notions credence and perpetuating the problem.

Until black America takes responsibility for their shortcomings and addresses the real issues behind their failures, they will perpetually be doomed to occupy the bottom rungs of society.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Blacks and whites have had equal rights in America since 1970.

The distant past does not rule the present or the future.
Not that distant. Like basically 50 years ago. When you read history even 100-200 years isn’t a long time ago. We often talk about the Roman Empire as a period in time. And that stood for over 1000 years. That’s a distant memory. Something that happened 200 years ago and 50 years ago isn’t distant at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies