Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2021, 01:54 AM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Black people don't know what its like to be white. They really don't. And white people don't know what its like to be black. They really don't.
Nobody knows what it’s like to be anybody else.

Everybody is unique and life experiences are ultimately personal to each individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 03:04 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMrBeefy View Post
I think that's why right-wing rhetoric is more effective. Dog whistles are the best way of getting your message across without actually saying what you really wanna say.

When you make it obvious, no one is gonna take you seriously.
Well, this is what I get out of dog whistle stuff. I expect it. I know that there are people who are bigots, but won't flat out say so. Individuals who make mealy-mouthed, passive aggressive comments. You can't completely prove such comments are racist, but it's a way of saying something without saying something. I've dealt with that, as well as individuals just telling me to my face how much they hate me based on my race. Or how said individuals would treat me vs anyone else.

Old 04-27-2021, 05:19 AM

6,984 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
You can turn drug sells and distribution into an actual industry. A legal market. Where you can have businesses. you can have share holders. You can have investors. Not sure what you're not understanding here.
More people will become unemployable and will rob and steal from the rest of us to pay for their addition. Sorry, but I don't want more people harassing me on the street for money because they are too high to bother working to support their addiction.

Old 04-27-2021, 05:28 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Excerpt: White people do not owe black people anything

Response: Opinion
My parents came to this country with no formal education and
not speaking the English Language. Took up tough jobs as
Coal mining ,farming and Construction. Mistreated ? Poked fun?
Of course....but still showed up for work everyday rather than take
handout while working towards financial independence.

My family only owes it to ourselves to
continue being successful thru hard work
even if it means working at jobs no one
else wants...................

Old 04-27-2021, 05:56 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
More people will become unemployable and will rob and steal from the rest of us to pay for their addition. Sorry, but I don't want more people harassing me on the street for money because they are too high to bother working to support their addiction.
Well, what we're doing now is not solving anything. Jailing people for using drugs isn't stopping anyone. What do you suggest we do?

Old 04-27-2021, 06:02 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
I'm surprised this thread is 25 pages long.

It is my view that minus those who are true believers of Cultural Marxism/critical race theory and those who are willing to loot/plunder/steal, black Americans don't want anything that isn't theirs.

It is my view that most white, Hispanic, Jewish, Native, Asian Americans are the same.

Old 04-27-2021, 07:26 AM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Maybe I am just a square, but I don't get how making drugs legal and available is gonna help anyone out of poverty or low end jobs.

I mean,..I get that less people will be put in jail over it, but they'd still be doing what they do.

It's like Trump saying stop testing for Covid and look ! the numbers went down,...lol.
Great,..still got covid though.

Old 04-27-2021, 07:47 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Maybe I am just a square, but I don't get how making drugs legal and available is gonna help anyone out of poverty or low end jobs.

I mean,..I get that less people will be put in jail over it, but they'd still be doing what they do.

It's like Trump saying stop testing for Covid and look ! the numbers went down,...lol.
Great,..still got covid though.

Because you don't think in terms of money or economics. So let's break it down while I have the energy to do it

One problem with drugs is supply chain. Despite being an underground market, sophisticated supply chains have been built. So there is a lot of money tied up in transporting drugs to our streets today. This has been a direct response to the CIA trying to curve drug distribution. The more the CIA crackdown, the more the CIA gets out smarted by more nimble drug cartels. There is no way to shut down drug distribution. And the reason why is because of the magical word.

Demand

It doesn't matter what the CIA does. As long as there is a demand side, the market will meet it with the supply side. We have created all sorts of legislation to discourage drug use. We have tried to win the culture war with its (Remember D.A.R.E). But it hasn't worked. There is a demand side, and people will always find a way to get drugs on the street.

With that said, narcotic distribution is an estimated multi trillion dollar a year industry. And this is black market which is not even possible to measure in it's entirety. Like it or not, it's a business, and a very very profitable one at that.

Meanwhile poor neighborhoods are kept with horrible schools. And due to most small businesses in small communities being eradicated by over regulation. It is hard to find any level of economics mobility if you're born in dirt poor neighborhoods.

So your options is make 0 mistakes, get through high school, try to get into a prestigious university. However accumulate loads of debt. Meanwhile half of your family is still dirt poor, you're accumulating debt, and you're making 0 money. So chances are you drop out of school and go work a 9-5 job, which are drying up due to automation and rising cost. And cost of living also continues to rise.

So why play by the rules at all? When you can deal drugs and help your family? Make money fast. And actually be apart of something that is a true industry. Whether you like it or not? But what does the government do? Well if they catch you dealing drugs to willing customers. You get thrown behind bars, and now you're being cycled through the legal system. and your circumstances are much worse.

If you're good at dealing narcotics which is a proven multi trillion dollar a year industry. You're demonstrating a skill. Yet because the government has decided it's illegal. You're now automatically a criminal.

Also beyond that, competition is fierce in narcotic sells. So this lead to violence, because cartels cannot just get new investors. Or buy out smaller companies because they can't actually use the legal system. So just about all disputes are handled violently. This is the resulting violence that comes from the drug trade. But it only exist because it's illegal.

Legalizing drugs would do the following. Those people with business sense and domain knowledge join the business world. We have actual companies that can engage in marketing, buyouts, and more complex means of running a business besides just killing their competitors with guns. It also give more options to people in lower income communities with the talent for this field.

Drugs also become safer. Mostly because they don't need to be as potent anymore. Business want to make money. So it makes no sense to want to kill all of your customers. Responsible narcotic use can be encouraged as well.

TL;DR. Legalizing drugs take all of the violence out of it. Because you can now be a legitimate business. Less people are locked up, meaning less police presence. Less violence in inner city streets, because most violence in inner cities is drug related. Less crowded prison population for non-violent offenders. Less need for illegal gun sells, because it as needed since drugs are legal.

Of course there will always be a black market. But you decrease it by 75% overnight by legalizing drugs. I mean there is a black market for alcohol and a black market for cigarettes. But they mean nothing, because they're miniscule. And even those don't have the same level of violence as prohibition eras when alcohol sales were illegal.

Old 04-27-2021, 07:48 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
You don't even need to specify a race owes something.

"Nobody owes you Anything" works just fine
And there are people of every race, ethnicity, sex, gender, ad nauseam... who think the rest of us owe them something.

The vast majority of people don't think everyone owes them something, but a few of them have really loud mouths so it makes it seem like they are the majority.

The race hustlers make their living off racial animosity, so they get on TV and demand reparations as a fund raising scheme.

Politicians, who are also race hustlers, get elected by endlessly promising to address faux racial slights to enrich their flock.

The flock support both of the above race hustlers because they think they will get something for free. Even if they know that in the end, they really aren't going to personally benefit, they are satisfied if other people suffer.

You want proof that the Democrats don't really want to sign reparations bill? Nothing can stop them. They are spending so much money under president Biden, that they could pass a bill in congress paying out trillions in reparations to all "blacks," and be done with it. But if they did that, then future election cycles those Democrats would not be able to promise reparations as a way to get reelected.

Old 04-27-2021, 07:51 AM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, this is what I get out of dog whistle stuff. I expect it. I know that there are people who are bigots, but won't flat out say so. Individuals who make mealy-mouthed, passive aggressive comments. You can't completely prove such comments are racist, but it's a way of saying something without saying something. I've dealt with that, as well as individuals just telling me to my face how much they hate me based on my race. Or how said individuals would treat me vs anyone else.
What do you propose is the solution to people who have a negative opinion about others based on their race?

What do you think our government or our society should do about these people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies