Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2021, 11:35 PM

15,792 posts, read 6,201,871 times

Advertisements

I guess since I don't feel anyone owes me anything its hard for me to project that mindset onto someone else. Maybe that's the disconnect between myself and some of the white people here. For the record I hate that we are supposed to call ourselves white. Im of Swedish and German decent and I feel like saying I'm white cheapens it. Lets just say that not every linage that calls itself white is something I'd want to be associated with. The Norwegians come to mind.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 11:38 PM

16,237 posts, read 5,819,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I guess since I don't feel anyone owes me anything its hard for me to project that mindset onto someone else. Maybe that's the disconnect between myself and some of the white people here. For the record I hate that we are supposed to call ourselves white. Im of Swedish and German decent and I feel like saying I'm white cheapens it. Lets just say that not every linage that calls itself white is something I'd want to be associated with. The Norwegians come to mind.
Bwaaaa My Norwegian friends say the same about Swedes and Finns.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Bwaaaa My Norwegian friends say the same about Swedes and Finns.
Jealousy, although he might be correct about the Finns.

Old 04-22-2021, 01:38 AM

6,378 posts, read 4,751,906 times
Black people were brought to America against their will originally. Now Africans line up for the chance to come here and many sneak in illegally. Most blacks have done very well in America and it's unlikely that any wish their ancestors had remained in Africa.

Those who have not succeeded and are part of the Ghetto subculture do not want to change their way of life. I spent more than 30 years trying to change that mindset in an inner-city high school and witnessed this first-hand. In retrospect, it was 30+ years mostly wasted. If I could do it over, I would not have spent my life trying to help the ungrateful. They don't want an education. They simply want money to spend on bling!

They need to get past the notion that white people owe them anything. My own great-grandparents immigrated from Scotland (penniless), became moderately successful, and never owned any slaves. I worked in low-paying agriculture jobs beginning when I was 14. Poor whites, Hispanics and Asians. Guess who would NOT do these jobs?

If by some chance reparations are approved, when will it end? I've recently seen estimates of 12-20 trillion dollars for reparations. Will America owe the descendants of slaves (and possibly any other black citizens) payments for being black forever?

Old 04-22-2021, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Black people were brought to America against their will originally. Now Africans line up for the chance to come here and many sneak in illegally. Most blacks have done very well in America and it's unlikely that any wish their ancestors had remained in Africa.

Those who have not succeeded and are part of the Ghetto subculture do not want to change their way of life. I spent more than 30 years trying to change that mindset in an inner-city high school and witnessed this first-hand.

They need to get past the notion that white people owe them anything. My own great-grandparents immigrated from Scotland (penniless), became moderately successful, and never owned any slaves. I feel sorry for blacks who buy into the idea that they are victims but I don't owe them anything!

If by some chance reparations are approved, when will it end? I've recently seen estimates of 12-20 trillion dollars for reparations. Will America owe the descendants of slaves (and possibly any other black citizens) payments for being black forever?
The Scotts are definitely not white. Stop being a poser.

Old 04-22-2021, 01:56 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,797,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Please tell this to white elite liberals who foster black irresponsibility and seek to profit from such irresponsibility in numerous ways. Thanks.
Democrats are the parasite and they foster irresponsibility and mischief in everyone.

Old 04-22-2021, 04:51 AM

4,086 posts, read 2,389,070 times
And what when Black wealth was intentionally destroyed? Black Wall Street in Tulsa was destroyed, scores died, it never recovered - they still haven't recovered all the bodies.

In Richmond, VA with which I am most familiar, where Interstates 64 and 95 merge was put smack in the middle of Jackson Ward, destroying 100 years of accumulated Black wealth: businesses, homes, churches...they were all leveled. Then, when then 195 & 146 were put in as an expressway, the original plan to run south of the James River which was undeveloped was scrapped and instead it was run through a thriving Black middle class community of townhouses, churches and businesses. These were intentional efforts which destroyed communities which never recovered.

Perhaps NC should be looked at. In 1898, the elected government of Wilmington NC was overthrown in what is known as the Wilmington Insurrection - it was a Black elected government. About 2,000 white men rioted, killing up to 300 Blacks and installed a white government which was not elected and the state acquiesced.

In VA, rather than integrate in the 1950's, counties and cities closed public schools for years. Deprived of an education, a generation lost out and with that, their ability to provide for their families in a manner had they had an education. The effects are still being experienced.

And then we have the long forgotten effort to drive Blacks from where they lived for centuries. Thousands of towns in the south became "sunset towns." Blacks had to leave town and in some cases entire counties by sunset. https://encyclopediaofarkansas.net/e...wn-towns-3658/

Or take for example farm loans. In Mecklenburg County, VA, white farmers could apply for farm loans four days a week. Blacks could only apply on Wednesday in what was known among whites as Black Wednesday.

These are just a tiny fraction of the examples...In short, having freed slaves and left them with nothing, after the freed slaves built communities, those communities were systemically and intentionally destroyed. Today, we benefit financially from that destruction as we drive our vehicles, buy the land devalued by policy or raw violence.

Last edited by webster; 04-22-2021 at 05:07 AM..

Old 04-22-2021, 05:03 AM

3,969 posts, read 6,526,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
And what when Black wealth was intentionally destroyed? Black Wall Street in Tulsa was destroyed, scores died, it never recovered - they still haven't recovered all the bodies.

In Richmond, VA with which I am most familiar, where Interstates 64 and 95 merge was put smack in the middle of Jackson Ward, destroying 100 years of accumulated Black wealth: businesses, homes, churches...they were all leveled. Then, when then 195 & 146 were put in as an expressway, the original plan to run south of the James River which was undeveloped was scrapped and instead it was run through a thriving Black middle class community of townhouses, churches and businesses. These were intentional efforts which destroyed communities which never recovered.

Perhaps NC should be looked at. In 1898, the elected government of Wilmington NC was overthrown in what is known as the Wilmington Insurrection - it was a Black elected government. About 2,000 white men rioted, killing up to 300 Blacks and installed a white government which was not elected and the state acquiesced.

In VA, rather than integrate in the 1950's, counties and cities closed public schools for years. Deprived of an education, a generation lost out and with that, their ability to provide for their families in a manner had they had an education. The effects are still being experienced.

And then we have the long forgotten effort to drive Blacks from where they lived for centuries. Thousands of towns in the south became "sunset towns." Blacks had to leave town and in some cases entire counties by sunset. https://encyclopediaofarkansas.net/e...wn-towns-3658/

In short, having freed slaves and left them with nothing, after the freed slaves built communities, those communities were systemically and intentionally destroyed.
I actually just listened to a podcast a few weeks ago on the Wilmington takeover. Interesting the things you never learn or hear about in history class. Maybe some of you on here should look that up and learn something before you spout off stupidity. Seneca Village is another one.

This thread is just another attempt by the nut jobs on here to feel better about themselves. Have at it.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:12 AM

4,086 posts, read 2,389,070 times
There is an effort to forget the past. I heard more than one person say "Citizens Councils" were civic organizations as if they were benign. I remember them. The first step was your business (in this case my father's) would get a visit from them to stop employing or serving Blacks, if that didn't work, the Klan was going to show up. In short, the south devolved into a state of terror which prevented people from earning wealth and passing it on. Churches and synagogues were burned, people were murdered and so many homes owned by Blacks in Birmingham AL were bombed, it became known as Bombingham.

Old 04-22-2021, 05:22 AM

15,932 posts, read 12,178,264 times
Democrats have become crazy. Given total power they would destroy this country. There's no other way of saying it. Republicans for all their faults would make it stronger. If that meant giving up my pot I could do with it. I would like to see a third party... one that has the balls to reign in the corruption, get money out of politics, is still environmentally aware, fiscally conservative, nationalistic, and will reign in the power of these giant corporations, get the bias out of the media and restore it to being a medium for reporting news rather than peddling an agenda, and get these globalist swamp rats of the CFR, central banks, and World Economic Forum out of our hair, assuming these Soros types are the ones responsible for this divide and conquer identity politics agenda going on right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies