Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 08:39 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I'll take that as a yes.

In that case, no, you're still missing that the issues we are confronting now are partly because we still put too many people in prison for too long. The current generation of young thugs exist partly because we put away a lot of their fathers for too long in the 90s.
Their fathers shouldn’t have committed crimes and they could’ve been home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
As Joe Biden said in 1993, when he was of sound mind.
And didn’t have 1 foot in the assisted living home.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:40 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
OP was idolizing the 90s. I'm simply saying if we return everything to then, we're going to have a racial problem. We had an even bigger racial problem with policing in the 90s.
Cough cough, call me jaded, but it appears that we have a much worse racial problem than I recall having in the 80's,90's or 2000's.

You know I have a black son. He come from Chicago. He isnt a thug, a drug dealer, a rapist or a gang banger. Many other young black men are just like him. Do you know what I never tolerated or allowed? Excuses for being an idiot. It seems to me we keep making excuses and offering free passes for burning buildings, looting and violent crime. We even have the woke blaming whites for Blacks attacking asians. I learned a very long time ago "you get what you accept." Not sometimes. No most times, every time. We even have a black congress person calling for confrontations if jury verdicts aren't to her liking. A lot of what we have to day started when we started making excuses for the racist BLM and Antifa thugs.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:41 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Who said anything about race?
Again, it was drawing attention to the racial problems with policing in the 90s in my example, it wasn't descriptive of another person's position.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Cough cough, call me jaded, but it appears that we have a much worse racial problem
That's because you didn't perceive the racial problem then, so it seems more overt to you now.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:43 PM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Wow. What changed? This was back in the days when even the Democrat party wasn't afraid to stand up to criminals. Now they coddle them. The changes that have occurred in the past 30 years are why we have such division in our country and why crime and homicides are way up.

Now we coddle criminals and demonize law enforcement. Totally backwards. And guess what, the criminals are STILL calling everyone racist and burning down their own cities...probably more now than ever!

Also a side note: Wow, 2021 Joe is a shell of this guy. He's meek, timid, and cognitively impaired. I may have actually voted for this version of Joe, back when he had a set of balls and wasn't afraid of the wokies. We need this guy now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oDHSt-CKtc
Well, you're right with everything you say. But you also have to remember that Joe's "crime bill" that put criminals of all races behind bars, has probably saved more black lives from being murdered than anything else in the last 70 years.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Again, it was drawing attention to the racial problems with policing in the 90s in my example, it wasn't descriptive of another person's position.
Except criminals being criminals deserved to be punished no matter what color they are.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Cough cough, call me jaded, but it appears that we have a much worse racial problem than I recall having in the 80's,90's or 2000's.

You know I have a black son. He come from Chicago. He isnt a thug, a drug dealer, a rapist or a gang banger. Many other young black men are just like him. Do you know what I never tolerated or allowed? Excuses for being an idiot. It seems to me we keep making excuses and offering free passes for burning buildings, looting and violent crime. We even have the woke blaming whites for Blacks attacking asians. I learned a very long time ago "you get what you accept." Not sometimes. No most times, every time. We even have a black congress person calling for confrontations if jury verdicts aren't to her liking. A lot of what we have to day started when we started making excuses for the racist BLM and Antifa thugs.
Double Bingo

Old 04-21-2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except criminals being criminals deserved to be punished no matter what color they are.
You're still refusing to acknowledge there was a racial problem with policing in the 90s. There really was.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:58 PM

8,939 posts, read 2,960,520 times
Quote:
There were no "racial" problems with policing. Those things were the narrative created by the race hustlers of the 90s and the wokies of today.

We haven't had laws based on RACE since the 1960s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies