Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 08:43 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,968,029 times

Advertisements

For those that feel America is evil and racist and that the black experience in America is fundamentally flawed, could you please list an example of a country in the world today that does it the "right way?"

Surely we should be able to identify our target in terms of what we're striving for.

If you have a few, list all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 10:26 AM

1,052 posts, read 453,184 times
Let me predict the response liberal/leftist/woke posters:

There aren't any because racist white people and 19th century colonialism (really just Britain and France)

Never mind the fact that colonialism actually contributed a LOT to improve those countries by building critical infrastructure that is used to this day by dysfunctional, post-colonial 3rd world dictatorships

Old 04-22-2021, 10:55 AM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
For those that feel America is evil and racist and that the black experience in America is fundamentally flawed, could you please list an example of a country in the world today that does it the "right way?"

Surely we should be able to identify our target in terms of what we're striving for.

I don't think America is evil and racist.
I mean it's a different history but if I had to list it would probably be the U.K, Netherlands and Canada. In terms of social behavior Senegal, The Gambia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ghana and Botswana aren't bad but non if them are developed with Botswana being the closest to the first world. Bermuda (part of the U.K) and Barbados aren't bad either socially and are on the edge of being developed with Bermuda being part of the first world. Hell much of the Caribbean outside the crime ridden islands are a social paradise when it comes to people treating each other.

But when it comes to opportunities, the U.S is unmatched, maybe China and India might be better but I don't know how upwardly mobile poor people are in those countries compared to America.

Last edited by NigerianNightmare; 04-22-2021 at 11:08 AM..

Old 04-22-2021, 10:56 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Canada, of Course. Their Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, even welcomes People of Color by painting his skin in black and Brown, I imagine to make them feel more welcome

Old 04-22-2021, 12:41 PM

1,663 posts, read 877,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I don't think America is evil and racist.
I mean it's a different history but if I had to list it would probably be the U.K, Netherlands and Canada. In terms of social behavior Senegal, The Gambia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ghana and Botswana aren't bad but non if them are developed with Botswana being the closest to the first world. Bermuda (part of the U.K) and Barbados aren't bad either socially and are on the edge of being developed with Bermuda being part of the first world. Hell much of the Caribbean outside the crime ridden islands are a social paradise when it comes to people treating each other.

But when it comes to opportunities, the U.S is unmatched, maybe China and India might be better but I don't know how upwardly mobile poor people are in those countries compared to America.
China isn't.
Quote:
The all-out assault on Africans living in Guangzhou has been documented in recent weeks in video and stories of Chinese police rounding up Africans, forcing them out of their homes and hotels, and putting them out on the street in a backlash against those thought most likely to be carriers and transmitters of the coronavirus.
https://thediplomat.com/2020/04/raci...well-in-china/

India isn't either.
Quote:
The latest attack on Africans in Delhi that saw a mob hound two Tanzanian women and two Nigerian men following rumours that they had kidnapped a child and ‘eaten’ him, once again exemplify the deep-seated prejudice that Indians have towards Africans. The ridiculous cannibalism charge is actually the highest expression of xenophobia. It’s an unfortunate fact that a large section of the Indian public view Africans with suspicious eyes.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...eople-connect/

Old 04-22-2021, 12:45 PM

717 posts, read 453,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post

Canada, Portugal, Malta, Germany, Scandinavia + Finland, New Zealand

More integrated learning, more empathy in mental health encompassing

Old 04-22-2021, 12:46 PM

4,299 posts, read 1,559,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
Canada, Portugal, Germany, Scandinavia + Finland

Add Netherlands in.

Old 04-22-2021, 12:47 PM

379 posts, read 155,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjspring View Post

My response to the OP is that respectfully suggest that you you speak to minorities that you know and get their experiences.
Wow...what a cop-out of an answer.

Old 04-22-2021, 12:47 PM

6,677 posts, read 2,979,818 times
There is no "black Experience" that is shared globally.

American blacks are American. Rwandan are Rwandan,.etc,... the cultures are nowhere close.

At best you can maybe compare systems like welfare or economies but even then it may work for one culture and not for another.

There's no magic bullet. We're stuck with the U.S. of A. We gotta deal with it,..lol.

Old 04-22-2021, 02:03 PM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
Canada, Portugal, Malta, Germany, Scandinavia + Finland, New Zealand

Those countries pamper blacks more than the U.S.? How so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies