Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 04:24 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,736,000 times

Advertisements

Today is Wednesday. If the USA would lift the ban on deploying troops within our own borders all illegal immigration could be stopped by Saturday.

We have the means, but we don't have the will.

The new franchise, "Favelas-R-Us" is coming to the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 07:49 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
Of course you are deflecting. If they are not a financial burden as you suggest, then why are they costing over $116 Billion a year, which American citizens are taxed to finance?

JWK
I've already said the government is investing your slave dollars, what part of that did you not get?

WSJ Key Numbers Behind Immigration

"CRIME CONCLUSIONS: The National Academy of Sciences examined numerous academic studies on crime rates by immigrants and concluded they are less likely than the native-born population to commit crimes. It also concluded that neighborhoods with greater concentrations of immigrants have lower rates of crime and violence than comparable nonimmigrant neighborhoods. The study didn’t examine crime rates specifically among undocumented immigrants. Overall, crime rates fell in the U.S. as the size of the unauthorized immigrant population rose in the past two decades.

FISCAL IMPACT: The cost of immigration to U.S. taxpayers remains a subject of debate and disagreement. Immigrants in the country illegally aren’t eligible for most federal benefits, including Social Security, Medicare, housing and food assistance. They pay sales taxes and some tax in other forms, contributing to revenues, but some also benefit from public education and hospital care supported by state and local governments. According the National Academy of Sciences first-generation immigrants in all cost the federal, state and local governments more in benefits than the immigrants produce in taxes. That is reversed for second generation citizens and reversed again for third." (emphasis is mine)

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 04-28-2021 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: adding a link

Old 04-28-2021, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Today is Wednesday. If the USA would lift the ban on deploying troops within our own borders all illegal immigration could be stopped by Saturday.

Today is Wednesday. If the u.s. would lift the ban on deploying troops within our boarders we could be living in a military state by Saturday --- let the fun begin.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:14 AM

62,868 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:

Just as long as the Democrats are in charge it will never happen, unfortunately.

Old 04-29-2021, 10:52 AM

I'd be comfortable living at Camp Pendleton, among the Marines. I admire and respect our military. As for moving to Santa Ana, CA, the crime center of Orange County, surrounded by tens of thousands of illegal aliens, no way, Senor, no, nunca en la vida.

Old 04-29-2021, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I'd be comfortable living at Camp Pendleton, among the Marines. I admire and respect our military. As for moving to Santa Ana, CA, the crime center of Orange County, surrounded by tens of thousands of illegal aliens, no way, Senor, no, nunca en la vida.
My response ---

Old 04-29-2021, 03:57 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
I've lived in South America, and I know people from Central America. If I was born there, I'd do everything in my power to sneak into the US, and I'm not some crazy criminal type. If you're from the bottom 80% of society, you're in for a fight every day just to feed yourself and keep the lights on.
I'm not saying welcome them all, I'm just saying, you want to stop people from feeding their families, good luck.

Old 04-29-2021, 05:21 PM

62,868 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I've lived in South America, and I know people from Central America. If I was born there, I'd do everything in my power to sneak into the US, and I'm not some crazy criminal type. If you're from the bottom 80% of society, you're in for a fight every day just to feed yourself and keep the lights on.
I'm not saying welcome them all, I'm just saying, you want to stop people from feeding their families, good luck.
Good to know what kind of moral compass you grew up with. You'd break laws and take from others what doesn't belong to you to meet your own selfish needs? Illegal invaders have no right to take the food off the table from the rightful citizens of this country to feed their families. Americans have familie to feed to not that you seem to give a damn!

Here's a novel idea why have kids you can't afford to feed without doing any of the above? How about staying in your own country and fighting for your rights instead of stealing ours?

Old 04-29-2021, 05:55 PM

We are flooded daily on TV news about the plight of people in Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador. Our media has more compassion for foreigners than for our own.

The thing I never understand is when a man in his thirties cries that he can't find any work, and there is no food for his kids. They show on television their little shack, the three dogs, the nine kids, and the wife is already pregnant.
I'd castrate myself before bringing in another child under the circumstances.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Many citizens in the u.s. would like to stop people from feeding their families --- sad, but true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Good to know what kind of moral compass you grew up with. You'd break laws and take from others what doesn't belong to you to meet your own selfish needs? Illegal invaders have no right to take the food off the table from the rightful citizens of this country to feed their families. Americans have familie to feed to not that you seem to give a damn!

Here's a novel idea why have kids you can't afford to feed without doing any of the above? How about staying in your own country and fighting for your rights instead of stealing ours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal invaders have no right to take the food off the table from the rightful citizens of this country to feed their families.
You can not prove that they do, but I can prove that they don't --- if you're retired, they are paying your SS and if you think that you paid for your own, you may want to rethink that idea.

Facts About Immigrants & the Food Stamp Program

"Immigrants pay more than their fair share of taxes and make vital contributions to the United States. Despite their hard work and the fact that their wages are often low, immigrants are not eligible for food stamps or other basic safety-net services on the same basis as U.S. citizens.

Food stamps are available only to U.S. citizens and limited categories of lawfully residing immigrants."

Fear vs. Facts: Examining the Economic Impact of Undocumented

"Although some undocumented immigrants receive Social Security and Medicare benefits, the majority do not receive any benefits from those programs (NCLR, 2008; Sommers,2010). Since false Social Security numbers are not appropriately linked to an individual who can take advantage of Social Security benefits, the majority of contributions to Social Security from undocumented immigrants go into an earnings suspense file. The Social Security Administration factors in the over $7 billion annual contributions from undocumented immigrants into the Social Security Administration's calculations and projections for the solvency of Social Security (Porter, 2005;U.S. Chamber of Commerce, n.d.). The retirement of the baby boom generation will lead to increased expenditures for Social Security (Abel, 2003) and additional tax revenue is needed to provide Social Security benefits to current and future retirees.Since undocumented immigrants are ineligible to receive government services, it is estimated that undocumented immigrants pay an average of $1,800 per household, per year more to Social Security and Medicare than they utilize in services (Camarota, 2004). Therefore, undocumented immigrants actually contribute to the solvency of Social Security and Medicare and help to provide services to current and future retirees."

Why Don’t Immigrants Apply for Citizenship?

"Many people wonder why all immigrants do not just come to the United States legally or simply apply for citizenship while living here without authorization. These suggestions miss the point: There is no line available for current unauthorized immigrants and the “regular channels” are largely not available to prospective immigrants who end up entering the country through unauthorized channels. Even though most unauthorized immigrants have lived in the United States for nearly 15 years, many could live out the rest of their lives without any opportunity to become legal residents of this country.

No “line” is available for the vast majority of unauthorized immigrants."

I really do wish that what you would like to have happen with illegal immigrants would happen for you, then you'd get to see first hand just how your moral compass would impact the u.s. economy on local and national levels. It is only then that it would become very real for you and those like you. However, the government operates itself like a business and it isn't listening to you, where money is concerned. It is my opinion, the government does not want people to migrate here legal and that there must not be as much money in for them, if they were legal, otherwise, there would be 'a line' made with a clear pathway to citizenship.

btw: the baby boom generation had the SS solvent in the 60s --- the government spent it on other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies