Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 08:16 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times

Advertisements

A hoax, just like Covid-19 was a hoax, until it wasn't. Republicans double down on dumbness and will never claim to be anything but 100% correct.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:17 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
A hoax, just like Covid-19 was a hoax, until it wasn't. Republicans double down on dumbness and will never claim to be anything but 100% correct.
They believe they are the party of God and therefore can never be wrong.

It doesn’t make a lot of logical sense that Republicans insist that using non-gas powered vehicles is anti-American and anti-Christian.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:22 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Curious, what is the hoax ?

Old 04-23-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
They believe they are the party of God and therefore can never be wrong.

It doesn’t make a lot of logical sense that Republicans insist that using non-gas powered vehicles is anti-American and anti-Christian.
It is simply amazing how you can bring your anti Christian, anti God, and anti Republican rhetoric into any subject. How do you know that all left leaning people are pro EV and how right leaning bible thumpers are anti EV ?

Old 04-23-2021, 08:29 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It is simply amazing how you can bring your anti Christian, anti God, and anti Republican rhetoric into any subject. How do you know that all left leaning people are pro EV and how right leaning bible thumpers are anti EV ?
Because for the Republican Party, EVERYTHING goes back to religion and the culture war. Everything, including this. Godless, soyboy liberals drive EVs so the real God-fearing "manly men" will never.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Because for the Republican Party, EVERYTHING goes back to religion and the culture war. Everything, including this. Godless, soyboy liberals drive EVs so the real God-fearing "manly men" will never.
Wow....scary world you've made up for yourself to live in. Such a shame, life is too short to be miserable all the time.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:38 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,952,568 times
lets those state that want that do it themselves. i imagine it would never happen or last long if they did. I don't see why those States don't do it, driving is not a constitutional right so if those states want to get rid of gas and diesel cars go ahead. The people there will either support it or else be turning Red rather quickly.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:50 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Economic destruction of America over a hoax!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...-gas-cars-2035
It's just the liberal states, so who cares?

I really do not mind at all if liberals destroy their cities and states. Such areas are just monuments to the stupidity and failed policies of liberalism.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:36 PM

1,265 posts, read 445,187 times
THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP if it wasn’t for you Joe still would be scratching his head think “what to do”

Old 04-23-2021, 03:44 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
I have 220 circuits to power my welders, plasma cutter, and air compressor. Still will never buy a piece of crap electric car. I have better things to do with my life than sit at a charging station for an hour waiting for my car to be drivable. I can pull into a gas station and fill the 32 gallon tank in my Hemi V8 Ram 1500 in about six minutes and be on my way and good for another 450 miles. I can carry extra gas on board in a gas can if need be when I am heading out to the middle of nowhere. I can carry extra gas when I am out in the desert wheeling my Jeep. No piece of junk EV can do these things.

Then let’s talk about the massive infrastructure issues faced with widespread EV use. Billions of dollars to install charging stations, all of which take four times or more longer to charge a car then it takes to splash some gas or diesel and go. The fact that, especially in CA, the power grid is NOWHERE near up to the task of powering all these things. We have scheduled and rolling blackouts now, have for years. They shut down the Nuclear Plant at San Onofre and haven’t been able to keep up since. Where is the energy to power these things going to come from?

Oh yeah, and let’s not forget the lithium mines that are a thousand times worse than drilling for oil for the environment and is way more toxic to boot.

So yeah, thanks but no thanks. I’ll stick to burning dead dinosaurs until the day I die. Greta can bite me.
Absolutely, I have been saying this all along. The technology does not exist to go completely green yet, it would take a completely new infrastructure and literally years to build not to mention trillions of dollars. With that said, I am all for continued research on renewable energy and feel that hydrogen fuel cells may be the way to go for electric cars and needs to be researched more thoroughly or for that matter hydrogen-powered internal combustion engine cars which are pretty much nonpolluting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies