Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 06:13 PM

21,395 posts, read 10,448,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
I came in to the post just to say Masks do help.

You are wearing masks not for yourself but for others, so Biden is doing this for people around him who is not vaccinated.

Any respiratory virus could be blocked greatly with wearing masks.

when everyone is vaccinated no mask is needed.
Of course everyone around the president is vaccinated, and most likely tested daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
A mask protects others from getting sick from you just as much it protects you, if not more.

The vaccine protects you with antibody but it may not protect others not yet vaccinated people who could still get infected if someone with Covid sneezes on you and then you carry it asymptomatic to someone else.

Also you could be vaccinated, still get exposed to Covid, pass it to someone else, vaccinated or not. Ultimately you’ll recover very fast from your immunity while the person you pass it onto if not vaccinated, may get full blown COVID from you not wearing a mask.

So Biden is protecting those other non-vaccinated people by covering his mouth. It’s called caring about other people. Try it
And just who do you think is allowed near him without a vaccine? Everyone in the White House, running for president, and in congress were the first in line to get vaccines. Let’s get real here. It’s pure theater.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
At this point, I don't think it's pure virtual signaling anymore but also to hide some of the facial cues he displays associated with his cognitive decline.
That’s what I was thinking too. He’s hiding behind the mask.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:20 PM

3,629 posts, read 3,751,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Has the OP ever been to ASIA? (highly doubtful)...mask wearing happens daily...pandemic or not!
Not on the video calls I'm on.

President potato head did it for optics, and he looked silly.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:24 PM

15,994 posts, read 10,555,538 times
"I really don't care. Do you?" M.T.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:32 PM

424 posts, read 174,279 times
OMG IMPEACH HIM NOW !!!!! This is HORRIBLE!! Worse than when Obama wore that tan suit and that was a travesty against the country and the world!!!

Old 04-23-2021, 06:36 PM

587 posts, read 297,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
How many people were in the same room with him as he was at the Zoom meeting? The fool that was in office lost and went home.
First, I would like you to prove that he was not in the room alone and where they are sitting. No proof with pics, then he was there alone.

For arguments sake, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt without proof that there were others in the room as well. Even if that were true:
- First, one has to have Covid to transmit it to others. We know he's not infected. Therefore, no mask is needed. This alone would prove that he does not need a mask to be on Zoom even with others there.

- Second, if he was carrying Covid, you would have to be in close proximity to pass it on since transmission is through droplets so if others were lets say fifteen feet away, then it is highly unlikely, they will catch it. So, still don't need the mask.

-Lastly, he's been vaccinated so IF he is carry the virus AND they are at a distance apart, the likelihood of him transferring it to others in the same room is miniscule to none. Again, mask not needed.

Conclusion, no mask is needed when talking on ZOOM whether there were others in the room or not.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:44 PM

15,797 posts, read 6,217,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
I came in to the post just to say Masks do help.

You are wearing masks not for yourself but for others, so Biden is doing this for people around him who is not vaccinated.

Any respiratory virus could be blocked greatly with wearing masks.

when everyone is vaccinated no mask is needed.
Yeah, not just covid because our flu season was non existent this year.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:51 PM

15,797 posts, read 6,217,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Yeah, not just covid because our flu season was non existent this year.
I just looked it up and read that 1 child died of the flu this year compared to 200 last year.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:54 PM

424 posts, read 174,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I just looked it up and read that 1 child died of the flu this year compared to 200 last year.
Yes. I will probably mask in public indoor places during the winter (cold/flu season) simply to stay well and avoid feeling icky even if it's just a harmless cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies