Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 01:35 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times

Advertisements

I don't recall any other presidential candidate who just blatantly skip on paying bills like this.

He has so many lawsuits and creditors trying to collect money from him, sometimes I wonder if his whiny-ness is due to extreme stress.

Quote:

City of Albuquerque refers Trump campaign bill to collection agency

The City of Albuquerque referred the Trump campaign to a collection agency. The city is seeking approximately $200,000 following the president's rally in Rio Rancho in 2019.

Albuquerque Mayor Tim Keller said the bill covers security costs that stem from the former president staying in a downtown Albuquerque hotel overnight. The security cost include blocking off parts of downtown, paying police officers overtime and covering the paid time off expenses of city workers who had to stay home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 01:40 PM

23,596 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I don't recall any other presidential candidate who just blatantly skip on paying bills like this.

He has so many lawsuits and creditors trying to collect money from him, sometimes I wonder if his whiny-ness is due to extreme stress.

There's been quite a few who take a long time to pay, a long after their campaigns. Or they don't pay(like Obama didn't). Hillary paid Obama's bill after he walked away from it and never looked back.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:59 PM

78,422 posts, read 60,613,724 times
If they ever gave another candidate a pass and did not do this to them, they very likely just opened themselves up to a pile of lawsuit from Trump.

That's the first thing his lawyers will go dig into.

Who else had rallies etc. there, were they all equally billed, did they all pay, if others did not pay and were not sent to collections....then the city is wide-open to lawsuit and the taxpayers will end up funding a new shuffle-board court at Mar-a-Lago.

Otherwise, if everyone else has been equally billed and paid except Trump then it's all good.

Old 04-23-2021, 02:15 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If they ever gave another candidate a pass and did not do this to them, they very likely just opened themselves up to a pile of lawsuit from Trump.

That's the first thing his lawyers will go dig into.
Uhmm...no. no they wont. He owes the money, when you owe money and dont pay people turn it over to bill collectors. He will settle with them for pennies on the dollar.
Quote:
Who else had rallies etc. there, were they all equally billed, did they all pay, if others did not pay and were not sent to collections....then the city is wide-open to lawsuit and the taxpayers will end up funding a new shuffle-board court at Mar-a-Lago.
Even if they did....so what? This is a contract that trump agreed to. Why are folks defending this dead beat?
Quote:
Otherwise, if everyone else has been equally billed and paid except Trump then it's all good.
Even if everyone else had not-its STILL all good.

If 2 people owe me money, and I forgive one person, its doesnt mean that the next person ALSO gets his bill forgiven. Thats nonsense.

Old 04-23-2021, 02:46 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
"Oooh Oooh Malaina, if the bill collectors call, tell 'em I'm not home, gone out for cigarettes'. Same for you Ivanka, just tell the nice man Daddy's away on a business trip."

Old 04-23-2021, 10:58 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times
I don't recall any other President that his haters are still obsessed with.

Old 04-23-2021, 11:24 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I don't recall any other President that his haters are still obsessed with.

That's the power of corporate media brainwashing. The tragedy is how they prey on the feeble minded and set them on a path that leads to chaos and self destruction.

Old 04-24-2021, 02:58 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Uhmm...no. no they wont. He owes the money, when you owe money and dont pay people turn it over to bill collectors. He will settle with them for pennies on the dollar.

Even if they did....so what? This is a contract that trump agreed to. Why are folks defending this dead beat?

Even if everyone else had not-its STILL all good.

If 2 people owe me money, and I forgive one person, its doesnt mean that the next person ALSO gets his bill forgiven. Thats nonsense.
Who knows whether the "Obama did it too," is the truth, or just BS made up on the spot, or something read on the GatewayPundit website?

Makes no difference.

Just because other people quit paying their mortgages doesn't mean the bank is fine with me skipping a few payments.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:04 AM

As to settling for pennies on the dollar, that's his M.O.

He "renegotiated" countless debts to vendors, contractors, bankers, ...

Ran several businesses into bankruptcy, "renegotiating" loans along the way.

Remember when he was going on about "renegotiating" the National Debt?

Old 04-24-2021, 03:22 AM

I suspect this may not be the last debt handed over to a collection agency.

Even without paying his bills, his campaign was so low on cash before the last election that they scammed millions from donors who thought they were making a one-time donation.

Strangely enough, people continue to donate.

But, whatever. There are also a lot of bills to pay, loans coming due, and properties with high overhead costs and declining revenue.

If you haven't been paid by now, you aren't getting paid.

Might as well turn it over to a collection agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies