Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2021, 12:07 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Republicans want that. They can't wait to start killing liberals and this gives them a legal way to do it.
According to who?

What I understand in the law is that if hostile protestors surround your vehicle you are allowed to get away from them even if it means some will be injured. That makes sense to me.

Imagine a bunch of Kluckers surround a black family in their car, they get scared and floor it to escape the mob of Kluckers. several foul breathed unwashed Kluckers are injured. This helps to protect that family from legal liability. It makes sense.

Old 04-24-2021, 04:02 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,344,280 times
Anybody who stands in the roadway, with the intent of damaging my car, and then dragging me out of my car to do bodily harm, deserves to be run over. Sorry, not sorry.

Old 04-24-2021, 04:12 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Are you allowed to sic your dogs on people?

Or is that still against the law?

Old 04-24-2021, 04:17 AM

4,861 posts, read 2,673,519 times
it should be fun to watch..just like the movie Death Race 2000 where extra points are given for mowing down unsuspecting pedestrians with cars..let's make it a national law..the rest of the world will follow our shining example of how set standards for living in the land of the free, home of the brave..let's MAGA..

Old 04-24-2021, 05:21 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruityfred11 View Post
Seems like a pointless law. Prosecutions for drivers in those situations are already applied on a case by case basis. I don't think anyone really supports charging drivers who are earnestly trying to get away if they are being attacked by rioters.

Similarly someone who runs someone over who they could otherwise have avoided should be charged. It totally depends on the circumstances. .
This isn’t a pointless law since it’s now not left up to some politically motivated city/county or State prosecutor to say yes or no to somebody being criminally charged for injuring somebody blocking a road/highway and endangering normal people, who’s only goal or crime, depending on how you look at it, was to get from point A to point B without incident.

Blocking the roads or a highway is a criminal act and protestors/rioters need to understand that their willful illegal actions put them in danger and that “their” rights do not supersede the rights of others.

Yes, if somebody was truly NOT involved AND supported by photo or video evidence, involved in an illegal protest/riot that’s blocking any roadway is hit by a car and depending on the circumstances, the driver should face criminal charges if he/she is in the wrong... But if that person or persons put themselves in harms way, it’s on them... PLUS, THEY SHOULD BE SUED FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE AND ANY TIME-OFF TO GET THAT VEHICLE REPAIRED.

...Sorry, a person or persons “WORD” isn’t enough to disprove their involvement in this illegal activity... If you’re hanging around an illegal protest/riot, you’re part of the illegal act.

This isn’t a Black/White/Brown/Red/Yellow issue and I don’t care if you’re ANTIFA, BLM, KKK, NAZI, PB or whatever!! Wrong is wrong and if you’re involved in an illegal protest or riot, it’s about time these people are held accountable for their poor actions.

Sorry, ILLEGAL protests or rioting isn’t protected in the United States Constitution and it’s time that people understand that... And forcefully blocking roads/highway isn’t “peacefully assembly.” If you think otherwise, please read the First Amendment and break it down, sentence by sentence, which clearly states what is protected.

Old 04-24-2021, 05:22 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northofnowhere View Post
Not to worry, it works for proud boy, and tea party protests as well.

Find us a Proud Boy or Tea Party protest where they block the roads.

We'll wait.

While you're at it, look up the difference between a protest and a riot.

Old 04-24-2021, 05:25 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockemSockemRobot View Post
So I can get away with hitting someone just by saying they’re rioters? Awesome.
No, there is a matte of proof required which always escapes leftists who have no ability to use logic and favor mob ruled violence to protection of the citizenry.

Old 04-24-2021, 05:35 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It’ll be 1921 all over again!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

A lot of (white) people got immunity from that too.
You're comparing apples and oranges.

Old 04-24-2021, 05:43 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
If only they would implement that legislation in all 50 states!

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...-by-gov-stitt/
Good move. Maybe if a few of these a-holes get run over, the rest of them will think twice about blocking traffic.

Old 04-24-2021, 05:43 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Does this include Covid-19 protesters?

Say something like this?

I mean like those dudes look really scary so....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6GvszlkR0

Notice what they're NOT doing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies