Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 10:45 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,872,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
That 'gag order horse' has been out of barn since July 9, 2021:

https://www.mncourts.gov/media/State...avDerekChauvin
Gag order? Hmmm is it as powerful as a restraining order? A PFA? Gun Regulations? One thing I learned a long time ago is that somebody will always talk for the right amount of money.

How many women have ended up in the morgue from a jealous ex walking wright through that restraining order?

How many of our closest military secrets ended up in foreign hands? Yeah you trust in that gag order, not me, especially when you have a congress critter pushing for retaliation if the verdict isnt the right one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 10:46 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,872,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We are not talking about waters or trump. And we are not talking about a black person being on trial. You know I'm not a leftist and I could care less about them.
WE are talking about those things because they matter. Waters absolutely crossed the line and may have influenced a jury. That cop is guilty as sin and her crap absolutely endangered the outcome. No such thing as anonymous when powerful players are trying to influence the game.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:08 PM

728 posts, read 302,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
As an alternate juror, Lisa Christenson was not involved in deliberations. She was released after closing arguments.

What deliberations? The jury verdict was in the bag regardless of the trial. Everybody wanted a lynching.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:33 PM

728 posts, read 302,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
All you had to do was look at the tape. You can spin it all you want to try and justify his innocence, but the fact is he was guilty. You are talking about one alternate juror who somehow wants to be famous or something. Maybe she'll write a book.

Chauvin has done no wrong. All three charges framed to please the mob cannot be supported by evidence. Additionally, the jury's guilty verdicts to all three charges will be overturned because they are contradictory.

Old 04-25-2021, 04:23 AM

33,249 posts, read 12,469,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Don't quit your day job Matlock
LOL.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:35 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,917,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Gag order? Hmmm is it as powerful as a restraining order? A PFA? Gun Regulations? One thing I learned a long time ago is that somebody will always talk for the right amount of money.

How many women have ended up in the morgue from a jealous ex walking wright through that restraining order?

How many of our closest military secrets ended up in foreign hands? Yeah you trust in that gag order, not me, especially when you have a congress critter pushing for retaliation if the verdict isnt the right one.
The gag order was issued with the intent to limit pretrial publicity in order to have a fair trial. It should be noted this was back in June or July 2020.

It's also worth noting the prosecution wanted to try all four officers at the same time.

It was the defendant who objected to the gag order.

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS — Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin's attorney is objecting to a gag order in the George Floyd case, and his co-defendants have followed suit.

Judge Peter Cahill issued the gag order on Thursday, citing a need to limit pretrial publicity in the interest of a fair trial. Cahill wrote in his order that two or more attorneys talked with the media about a motion to dismiss charges in Thomas Lane's case. Lane and fellow former officers Tou Thao and J. Alexander Kueng, are all charged with aiding and abetting second-degree murder and manslaughter.
Attorneys for all defendants in George Floyd case object to gag order

In his objection, attorney Eric Nelson wrote that while the court may want to protect the defendant's right to an impartial jury, "this is by no means a usual case."

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...e-d5e2f06371be

Old 04-25-2021, 05:54 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,494,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
As an alternate juror, Lisa Christenson was not involved in deliberations. She was released after closing arguments.
So what? It shows her mindset - that BEFORE any deliberations, she had already made her mind up to convict him to the highest for fear of retribution from violent leftists. It’s an insight as to how the jurors felt, and likely had their minds made up, by closing arguments - and before any discussion could take place among them.

Old 04-25-2021, 06:09 AM

163 posts, read 55,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
What deliberations? The jury verdict was in the bag regardless of the trial. Everybody wanted a lynching.
Correction. Everbody saw a lynching....that of George Floyd's. 9 minutes and 29 seconds of it. The verdict was Chauvin's legal consequence for that lynching.

Old 04-25-2021, 06:12 AM

28,354 posts, read 16,362,118 times
KARE 11, April 22:

Raguse: Did you want to be a juror?

Christensen: I had mixed feelings. There was a question on the questionnaire about that and I put I didn’t know. Because the reason, at that time, was, obviously, I didn’t know what the outcome was going to be, so I felt like either way the outcome was, you’re going to disappoint one group or the other. So, I didn’t want to go through this whole rioting and destruction again and, you know, a little concerned about people outside my house if they weren’t happy with the verdict.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/04/po...chauvin-trial/

"...at that time..." being before the trial even started. So, she was concerned over the possibility of riots then, not necessarily during the trial and she said she would have voted guilty, regardless, because the prosecutors proved their case.

Tempest in a teapot.

Old 04-25-2021, 06:21 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,494,187 times
One of my concerns here is that the racist groups on the left, such as BLM, will believe that their threats of violence WORKED. You can expect this to happen again the next time a white cop kills a black criminal, and while in this case, Chauvin did wrong, that may not be the case in the future.

Take, for instance, the case where the quick-witted cop saved the black teen’s life by shooting the other black teen who had a knife about to descend on her. This was clearly a good shoot, yet leftist racists are out en force on this one too. I sure hope they don’t charge the white cop, who did an excellent job, just because he was white and the criminal was black, and then have violent leftists and racist Congresspeople demanding a conviction. It’s a slippery slope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies