Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 12:04 PM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Woke Crowd didn't know they cancelled their own viewers.. they are all political hacks.
Yes, suicidal behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 12:08 PM

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Correct. It would be like telling DaVinci to only use 3 approved colors of paint.

The goals of Hollywood, in order, are to:

1. Meet a racial quota in every film
2. Not offend anyone other than white people
3. Wedge some type of woke PSA into every film
4. Maybe, possibly make a good movie if possible once these other checkboxes are filled

For these reasons there will never be another Spielberg, Wilder, Kubrick, Cooper, Gable, Hepburn, etc.

Creative canvas has simply been removed.
Clark Gable threatened to leave Gone With the Wind if the director, Victor Fleming, didn’t de-segregate the cast bathrooms. He also refused to attend the films premiere in Atlanta if black cast members weren’t allowed to attend.

You’ll have to take him of your list of anti-woke heroes.

Old 04-24-2021, 12:10 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
There has been celebrity overload for sure and the political correctness shoved into movies/tv is terrible. I watched Rush Hour on mtv the other day and they put up a sensitivity warning before the movie started due to "outdated stereotypes". The 90s was the last bastion of freedom. Since 2001 it's been getting worse exponentially every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I agree. As much as I dislike the "woke" crowd, woke is not the reason for the downfall of the Oscars. It is just coincidental timing. Streaming led to the downfall, and COVID was the final nail in the coffin, with the closure of the movie theaters. There is so much content out there now, content that is viewed at home, that every ethnicity is represented, only, we are all watching different stuff, so the days of the "blockbuster" is over.
It is definitely a part of it if the actors/actresses decided to play the woke fame cause people to lose interest due to politics. Not to mention the countless hypocritical things displayed by these people who used to be put on a pedestal.

Old 04-24-2021, 01:12 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I agree. As much as I dislike the "woke" crowd, woke is not the reason for the downfall of the Oscars. It is just coincidental timing. Streaming led to the downfall, and COVID was the final nail in the coffin, with the closure of the movie theaters. There is so much content out there now, content that is viewed at home, that every ethnicity is represented, only, we are all watching different stuff, so the days of the "blockbuster" is over.
BS. No one likes to be preached to.

Old 04-24-2021, 01:13 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Clark Gable threatened to leave Gone With the Wind if the director, Victor Fleming, didn’t de-segregate the cast bathrooms. He also refused to attend the films premiere in Atlanta if black cast members weren’t allowed to attend.

That's not "woke"

You obviously don't have a grasp of what woke even is.

Old 04-24-2021, 01:19 PM

43,122 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post

That's not being woke. Did he apologize for being White ? That's woke.

Old 04-24-2021, 02:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I went to my last Oscar Party in 2020, and I was bored and annoyed.

Old 04-24-2021, 02:57 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
That's not "woke"

You obviously don't have a grasp of what woke even is.
It appears you don’t.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:08 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
The better be careful or they might get hurt patting themselves on the back.

If COVID didn't kill Hollywood with shutting down movie production the woke elitist liberals will finish off the job. I like crime drama TV shows, or used to at least, until almost all of them now have some kind of woke /leftist/racial story line. It really is pathetic, and very obvious. Can't we just be entertained without some jackass liberal agenda getting thrown in your face?

Maybe when people stop watching their crap on TV or paying high prices for crap movies they'll wake up and realize they've alienated the people that pay for their lavish lifestyles. That said, I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Old 04-24-2021, 03:10 PM

1,094 posts, read 499,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Don't think I've watched one of these things in over 30 years.

https://ktrh.iheart.com/content/2021...biggest-night/
The Oscars were trying to go "woke" and do cancel culture even before those were officially things, they constantly overlook the things people actually watch or that are found longer term to have artistic quality, and select the things they love in their echo-chamber of fellow privileged idiots born into mansions in Beverly Hills in Manhattan. Now that Twitter and Facebook have bought into the wokeness themselves the Oscars are trying to out-do them in the woke-ness, just like the Grammies. Which basically means they'll be slighting white Americans in the industry at every opportunity they can find.l And we all know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies