Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 09:42 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousstyles32 View Post
Why is the OP asking? Do you care about black lives regardless of who kills them? Doubtful. Sounds like you just want to continue deflecting attention from the obvious problem with policing in this country.
Or it could be a backdoor way of venting resentment towards Blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 09:47 AM

27,560 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PubSub View Post
So why you are on this forum that is heavily bias on the right and not outside and helping the "POC?"
People have to learn to help themselves. The change has to come from within. That is the American way.

Creating a bogeyman (like "white people" or "the police") and blaming others for their problems is not any kind of a solution.

Old 04-24-2021, 09:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
People have to learn to help themselves. That is the American way.

Creating a bogeyman (like "white people" or "the police") and blaming others for their problems is not any kind of a solution.
The problem with that is historically police have targeted these races specifically! And police CONTINUE to target specific races for certain crimes...

Look at what race of people is most arrested for heroin today...(its white people), Gee, what a coincidence!

Old 04-24-2021, 09:56 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
Another "Black" thread by OP, wow, didn't see that coming, lol.

Old 04-24-2021, 09:58 AM

9,980 posts, read 5,677,344 times
Because they can't be monetized -- they're much more difficult to link into the lucrative motherlode that is post-Obama-era liberal white guilt.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:03 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousstyles32 View Post
Why is the OP asking? Do you care about black lives regardless of who kills them? Doubtful. Sounds like you just want to continue deflecting attention from the obvious problem with policing in this country.
Sounds like you're deflecting from the OP's legitimate question.

Why is violence such a problem within black communities? Why do so many black people die at the hands of other black people?

And let's not reflexively jump to poverty and discrimination as reasons.

Indigenous peoples were the first to suffer discrimination and oppression, yet they're not killing each other like black people kill each other. There's a history of discrimination against Asian Americans, but there isn't a similar problem of violence in Asian communities.

Plenty of immigrants throughout our country's history have experienced bigotry and oppression and most certainly poverty, but, as a rule, immigrant communities weren't nearly as violent.

I say all this as someone on the left, btw. The question OP asks isn't a political one. It's a logical one.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:04 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdagoat View Post
The main issue that BLM wants addressed is equality. When black on black crime occurs, the criminal usually is arrested and tried for their crimes. With this whole police ordeal, because of the position and powers of policing they feel they are not held to the same standard. There you go.
I have read that 80% of these murders go unsolved.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:06 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
This is the way I see it. Some people hope that a police officer would be better behaved than a civilian. An underclass civilian with a short fuse, said person being a killer is expected. That is how I see this.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:06 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joylush View Post
It does seem to be a cultural thing. Behind the scenes they are dismayed but there is a code of silence whereby they are reluctant to ever say anything negative about or against “their people”.

I once questioned someone about this and why anyone “of color” was viewed as “my people”. I mean, why do you want to identify with criminals as “my people”? White people don’t do that. The are more inclined to view “my people” as anyone of any color who shares their values. Not anyone who shares their skin color.

I think this does POC a disservice. It makes others view them as supporting and defending the criminal element. I don’t think they do, but that’s the perception. Their position as far as Black Lives Matter goes would be more respected and understood if it really did mean “all black lives”. Until they start publically addressing the black on black crime aspects in their communities and culture and hold people accountable they will just come across as angry and disingenuous.
It's called tribalism. Anyone who wants the details can study it. Today though it's taken to an extreme being exploited for profit and power in politics and economics.

The Nazis used the same mechanisms as have many others and historically it's how conflicts of the worst kind are justified and people die.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Why isn't BLM rioting about those lives?
Can't falsely play the race and be a victim that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies