Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2021, 09:01 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Nice dodge to the meat of the statement. I knew you could do it since you've got nothing to back you up
LMAO. You brought up election results to deflect and said gas was peanuts. You said nothing how you were only referring to yourself.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:02 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
LMAO. You brought up election results to deflect and said gas was peanuts. You said nothing how you were only referring to yourself.
Yawn. You've got nothing. Keep trying. And gas is peanuts, but do continue to ignore the chart. If you're going broke on it, I'm sorry. Try working harder.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
From 2019.....AT WORK
Panera is losing nearly 100% of its workers every year as fast-food turnover crisis worsens https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/29/fast...very-year.html

Newly-available Current Employment Statistics data, covering through the end of 2019, show that New York City suffered its second year of falling full-service restaurant employment. https://minimumwage.com/2019/08/the-...staurant-grwth

From 2017

Construction Labor Shortage https://www.construction.com/toolkit...orce-shortages

Old 06-07-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Yawn. You've got nothing. Keep trying.
Oh I’ve certainly got something. I used your own words to prove your deflection to election results and you saying gas was peanuts and then you backpedaled and said you were only referring to yourself

Old 06-07-2021, 09:05 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,406 times
Quote:
Oh I’ve certainly got something. I used your own words to prove your deflection to election results and you saying gas was peanuts and then you backpedaled and said you were only referring to yourself
Another yawn. Back to the topic that you can't defend. Have a nice day.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
From 2019.....AT WORK
Panera is losing nearly 100% of its workers every year as fast-food turnover crisis worsens https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/29/fast...very-year.html

Newly-available Current Employment Statistics data, covering through the end of 2019, show that New York City suffered its second year of falling full-service restaurant employment. https://minimumwage.com/2019/08/the-...staurant-grwth

From 2017

Construction Labor Shortage https://www.construction.com/toolkit...orce-shortages
You have any comparison to what’s going on today?

Old 06-07-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Another yawn. Back to the topic that you can't defend. Have a nice day.
Already defended it and used your own words to do it, lol.

Here’s some more defending.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-...re-11620742194

Old 06-07-2021, 09:07 AM

396 posts, read 604,052 times
So you can't find a job YOU like (one where you don't have to work hard, take orders from a boss, do as you are requested, but hey, that's your job?) Don't want to wait tables, shovel stuff, pick up garbage, pump gas, run a cash or any one of a thousand other jobs currently available - I guess there is always college and become one of those people that get waited on, served, tasted hauled away for…

Look, we all know there are some folks, who are going to do these jobs, always has been and always will be. The pay scale for these Jobs is what it is. Could we insist on $25.00 to serve burgers or be a cashier, sure, but I don't guess that many businesses would stay open at these wages.

Is it fair, likely not, is there an easy answer, no, but paying folks more or close to more, to stay home, isn't the answer either. Don't forget it's not just the high employment comp., that's a killer, it's the Food Stamps, Free or low cost healthcare, because they aren't working, that makes it Very hard for folks to want to work. Sure it be just enough to scrape by, some say yes (That's where the incentive to work comes in). If you want to get a head inline, well you have to go after it, work hard, do what you have to, to make ends meet.

Should folks who are not working be able to get tattoos all over their bodies, have the latest and best cell phones, drive pretty nice cars and eat better than many of us working stiffs?

For me it's hard to understand or appreciate MANY of my friends and neighbors who seem to be enjoying life more than me, and they aren't working, and many haven't been working for some time now.

I'll help any of those folks who might choose to look up my profile and say "All this from the man who is planning a 30 day vacation "F u". Well folks, I am the 66 year old who has (and still works when not on vacation) 80+ hours a week. I have worked 2 and 3 jobs many times in my life. I have been knocked down, I have had jobs I DID NOT like. But Idid what I had to.

Many years back, I lost my job, and my wife was home with our newborn, we got Food stamps (I believe it's called AFTD, or ADF" or something like that now). We got my first book of checks to go grocery shopping. While I was out looking for a job, my wife went to the store and when I got home she said "You'd better find a job soon, because I refuse to go shopping with Food stamps again" "I felt so low, having folks look at me like I was…" So I looked harder, found a nice job, and when I went home to tell my wife, she said, good, I got an offer to go to work to. I said, well I hope it's enough to pay child care and still be worth it for you / us, and she said it was, because it was a nigh job. So I'd come home and take care of our daughter, and she'd go to work nights. We did this for 3 or 4 years … my point is, there are answers, we may not like them but there are ways around it. You WILL feel better about yourself, and besides which, it's the right thing to do.

Ok off my soap box, I sure in hell can't change the world or even a few folks around me. I can only do what I can for my and my wife and our family. And Yes, I have posts out there noting that my lovely wife of 45 years is Terminally Ill, and yes we both keep working because, for us, it is the right thing to do. Like so many things in life, you only get what you put into it.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Right, your area is unaffected and is the same today as it was in 2014. Would love to see some proof to that?
No you don't want evidence.....you want to believe that the only reason there is a shortage is because of UI benefits.

I have provided links to various articles --- a sampling ---from 2019, 2017, 2014 -- all talking about significant shortages in staff in construction and restaurant....and it is still not enough for you.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:10 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No you don't want evidence.....you want to believe that the only reason there is a shortage is because of UI benefits.

I have provided links to various articles --- a sampling ---from 2019, 2017, 2014 -- all talking about significant shortages in staff in construction and restaurant....and it is still not enough for you.
Bingo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies