Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 02:58 PM

19,149 posts, read 16,970,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry Knob View Post
Let's say you are right....wouldn't it be good if Trump was still president or at least allowed on social media so he could make the case for the vaccine.
So none of you are capable of making an adult decision without Fearless Leaders stamp of approval....

Quote:
You conveniently leave out many 'Trump states' have large black populations. It is similar to how liberals try to blame Republicans for low educational attainment, crime, etc , in 'red states' that are largely associated with minorities who vote Democrat if they bother to vote.

There are liberals who move to my city who always complain about conservatives but they choose to live in the conservatives areas of the metro rather than the high crime poor areas with voters that go nearly 100 percent Democrat.

All of the worst schools are in these areas.
Nice , play the race card for what is worth but look at the figures below that argument doesn't wash. As for education here are the standings https://www.intelligent.com/the-best...for-education/ or https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ings/education, either list you know who is in the bottom.
For crime conservatives blame that exclusively on those Democratic run cities but no one can show a sizable city with Republican leadership that is a crime free paradise.

I like this new argument that so many post about "liberals moving to my city" is that the new way of saying Damn Yankees? You act like everyone there is a right wing conservative except for those people on the other side of town, their not...

Bottom 3 states for vaccines:

49 Arkansas: %77 white, 15% Black
50 Mississippi: %56.4 White, 37.8% Black,
51 Alabama: %69.1 White, 26,8% Black

Wyoming is %92.5 White, %1.5 Black and is listed at #41
New York State is 65.7% white, %15.9 Black and is listed at #12
Virginia is %67.6 White , %19.8 Black and is listed at #13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 03:23 PM

738 posts, read 413,030 times
People who say photo ID to vote is racist and 'Jim Crow on sterorids' are not intelligent or educated in the real sense. That's what race card playing looks like.

Democrats have politicized covid and the vaccines. There are Democrat voters who choose not to get the vaccine but you are on here only attacking the Republican voters who choose not to get it. That's politics, not a sincere principle.

If you have received the vaccine, you shouldn't have anything to worry about and you don't seem like a person who interacts much with Republicans.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:22 PM

41,882 posts, read 74,938,731 times
So ... Are the vaccines good or bad? Good because Trump helped encourage their development? Bad because Republicans seem to be the ones who are most resistant to getting vaccinated?

It's so hard to keep track.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:50 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,421,476 times
Quote:
People who say photo ID to vote is racist and 'Jim Crow on sterorids' are not intelligent or educated in the real sense. ...
I worked as an election judge, swore an oath for a two year appointment, and I found the signature match to be far more effective at identifying a person.

First of all, when a person originally registers to vote they are fully identified, so the records are already fully fledged and an official signature is obtained which is scanned.

On election day the voter comes in, and verbally identifies him or herself with address. When I type that in, I know everything I need to know about them including the signature which is splashed across a screen only I can see, then I ask them to sign. That signature has characteristics no one could fake without having something in front of them to carefully study and they do it effortlessly and quickly in front of me. Always effortlessly, I kid you not.

When people shove a photo ID in my face the signature on it is so small it is less reliable than the signature on the splash screen and the one they are required to make in front of me. The photo ID signature is actually inferior. Often the photos are not current, like maybe 30 to 40% of the time! People change hair length, style and color, wear glasses or not, have a tan or not, put on weight or lose it ... and the most you've got is a judgment call over noses and eyebrows and wrinkles with a photo not much larger than a postage stamp.

Anyone who has waited at a customs station for international travel knows how intently those foreign police look at you, studying every curve of the earlobes and such, it's a tricky business identifying a person by sight and highly subjective. Signatures are as unique as fingerprints and resolve the case swiftly.

Speaking of which, now if they wanted to introduce those electronic fingerprint machines, I'd be all for it because the technology is so good, but photo ID at the polling place is a poor substitute for a signature match.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I worked as an election judge, swore an oath for a two year appointment, and I found the signature match to be far more effective at identifying a person.

First of all, when a person originally registers to vote they are fully identified, so the records are already fully fledged and an official signature is obtained which is scanned.

On election day the voter comes in, and verbally identifies him or herself with address. When I type that in, I know everything I need to know about them including the signature which is splashed across a screen only I can see, then I ask them to sign. That signature has characteristics no one could fake without having something in front of them to carefully study and they do it effortlessly and quickly in front of me. Always effortlessly, I kid you not.

When people shove a photo ID in my face the signature on it is so small it is less reliable than the signature on the splash screen and the one they are required to make in front of me. The photo ID signature is actually inferior. Often the photos are not current, like maybe 30 to 40% of the time! People change hair length, style and color, wear glasses or not, have a tan or not, put on weight or lose it ... and the most you've got is a judgment call over noses and eyebrows and wrinkles with a photo not much larger than a postage stamp.

Anyone who has waited at a customs station for international travel knows how intently those foreign police look at you, studying every curve of the earlobes and such, it's a tricky business identifying a person by sight and highly subjective. Signatures are as unique as fingerprints and resolve the case swiftly.

Speaking of which, now if they wanted to introduce those electronic fingerprint machines, I'd be all for it because the technology is so good, but photo ID at the polling place is a poor substitute for a signature match.
But signatures change over time. Mine isn't the same as 10 years ago when I got my driver's license in this state.

I've never been challenged at a polling station.

Old 04-25-2021, 05:55 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Quote:
These are all liberal outfits doing the polling. The goal of the left is to present the right as anti-vaxxers even though RFK Jr is the most prominent anti-vaxxer.

Rural areas are sparely populated. Talking about rural Republicans is pointless, most republicans live in the burbs. The odds of getting covid in a rural area are low and most people don't die from covid if they get it.

If Trump was still president, you and other leftwingers would probably not get the vaccine. You clearly don't want him to receive credit for them.

The people who undermine credibility in the vaccines are leftwingers who get the vaccine but still wear masks and do virtual events and rarely leave the house. If you believe they work, your behavior should change significantly after getting them.

Biden was the only world leader wearing a mask on a virtual meeting with like 30 plus other world leaders.
Even Trump came out encouraging his peeps on Fox.

Old 04-25-2021, 06:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,567,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Trump was the Bigly—the Best. He got the Vax out Super Duper Fast!
It was based on research known for years but not yet developed into a safe vaccine. Thank God vaccine developers were able to speedily come up with mRNA vaccines that did not kill animals in initial tests, enabling them to quickly move on to human test subjects.

Old 04-25-2021, 06:04 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,567,116 times
Quote:
Says the person who supported the 'Russian Collusion" hoax party....

Your party oppose photo id to vote and Biden said prior to the election that he had the greatest voter fraud organization of all time. You lied about Russians for 4 years. Why wouldn't you cheat in the election.
Then don't you quite passionately side with Lyn Wood, who recently said at a conference for conservatives in Oklahoma that Trump really won reelection and that he is still your president?

Old 04-25-2021, 06:08 PM
509 509 started this thread

6,323 posts, read 6,997,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I worked as an election judge, swore an oath for a two year appointment, and I found the signature match to be far more effective at identifying a person.....................

True story, after years of marriage I came home and found a check for me and started to endorse it. My wife, stopped me and said "don't do that, the signatures will not match".

On a serious note.

I live in a totally vote by mail state for almost two decades.

About five years ago, I got a note from the county telling me I could vote at my previous address or my new address, but I could not vote at both. I have a unique name and lots of folks in the county know of me due to media and my writings.

Washington has motor-voter registration. AND I have a "golden" phone number for anybody illegally in the country. It is a land-line at my off-grid cabin without a answering machine.

One of the illegals decided to use it all!! My name and my phone number, and to avoid making a scene he also registered to vote.

I know the signatures did not match, but they only caught it because of my name being unique. Oh, by the way it is not illegal in Washington state to register to vote if your not eligible. It is only illegal if you VOTE.

Voter ID, and vote in person.

Old 04-25-2021, 06:08 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,421,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But signatures change over time. Mine isn't the same as 10 years ago when I got my driver's license in this state.

I've never been challenged at a polling station.
I have challenged several. We always had a way of handling it.

In your case there is probably a loop in a letter or some angularity in a capital that stands out. Signatures can become more cramped or strung out over time, basically messier, but usually there is some consistency that is easy to identify. It's not the totality of a signature, each one is unique every time and some can be quite sloppy, it is the collection of parts that you see together.

Try working as an election judge next time and you will see literally hundreds of different signature styles and you get pretty good at identifying "that angular J" or "loopy L's" or "cramped P's" or whatever. Plus, there are usually (in my state) six election judges and one can always call over all the rest and vote on it if you are not sure.

I didn't have a problem with 99.9% of the signatures I have seen. Those that can't be resolved are required to vote conditionally or leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies