Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2021, 04:15 PM

4,161 posts, read 4,876,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Is this a serious question?

When enough people have had the shot, the cases drop, and we don't have to wear masks and social distance.
You don't know that statement to be factual at this point.....no one does.

Old 04-26-2021, 04:17 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
It is certainly working in Israel.

Old 04-26-2021, 04:37 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Nor I, and it didn't my wife. Just a few months ago there were no vaccines available. Now there are, and you can bet your bottom dollar that all those front time workers have been, or soon will be immunized.
Immunization hasn't eliminated risk just limited it. Anyone can be a carrier even if vaccinated. I just refuse to live my life like this anymore after 13 months for a virus with a 99% survival rate.

As you probably know Dr.'s are desperate to get people back in for routine check ups and testing. The vaccine is turning into the "new mask". Not foolproof either, just another added layer of protection.

What worries me about the other scenario I gave; involving a stranger touching me in an emergency situation brings up quite a few questions about how others will feel in the near future. I would be fine with it.

Others will have an issue. Not even in an emergency, just casual contact as the "visual" security of the mask will be gone. What are people going to do to "know" others are vaccinated in order to feel safe? I am not being facetious. Having documentation or even an app on your phone isn't going to be enough. People will want to SEE something now at all times when around others. Who is/isn't vaccinated is the obvious issue we are heading toward going forward.

Old 04-26-2021, 05:01 PM

43,076 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The hospital is extremely high risk as compared to most other places on planet earth.
The concentration of risks are more dense and intense, including so many elderly and immune compromised.
It was even more high risk before anyone could get vaccines and people still went.

Old 04-26-2021, 05:17 PM

15,424 posts, read 7,482,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
Yup it is.. People cannot see what the real agenda is for getting people "vaccinated" with this stuff!!!

It changes them,makes them NWO compliant.... (Sterilisation and who knows what else)

The agenda is quite clear but the masses are so brainwashed they cant see it and are falling right into thier hands!! (Exactly what they wanted)
I saw an ad today that ConspiracyHut.com is having a sale on tin foil hats and underwear. You might want to check it out.

Old 04-26-2021, 05:43 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
And after the initial vaccine it'll be the yearly boosters. And then every 6 months.

Because they can.

Because they OWN YOU.

And you don't even realize it.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:03 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,572,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And after the initial vaccine it'll be the yearly boosters. And then every 6 months.

Because they can.

Because they OWN YOU.

And you don't even realize it.
Fear mongering, plain and simple.

When all the attempts at arguing the science fail, just throw out a random "they coming to get you mwaha hahahaha".

Old 04-26-2021, 06:04 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,572,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Sure we do. It was proven in the vaccine efficacy trials, then has been proven many times over in real world results. Saying otherwise is delusional.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:26 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My job forced me to get it. I live in TX but the company is based in AK. I'm still angry about it but I love the job and it's very unique so I held my arm out anyway. What's the point of getting a shot when you still have to wear masks and social distance? I'm glad I had zero side effects. There has been some legal debate over whether an employer can make you get a shot that isn't approved by the FDA but of course the employer can just fire you and make up another reason that it supposedly didn't work out
The reasons for continuing to mask and socially distance have been explained multiple times here on CD. The vaccine is not 100% effective and there are still large numbers of asymptomatically infected people. Risk of exposure to the virus is still significant.

In addition, the vaccine protects you from getting seriously ill and possibly dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Yep, they will just find another way to get rid of someone if they don't submit. So sad.

I know a young lady in her 20's that works at a daycare who is the only worker not vaccinated but they can't force her yet. (She is very religious so that may be a big reason - says she will quit if they make her). She is the best worker that daycare has. I am not exaggerating when I say she is like a modern day Julie Andrews from The Sound of Music. As sweet as can be and every parents living DREAM as a caretaker of their kids.

This is getting insane. Places like this will cut off their nose to spite their face so to speak and end up getting rid of rare gems like her. Those jobs don't pay much either. Will probably end up replacing her with a child molester or one that beats on kids as we hear about so often. They won't care if the kids get abused, it's all about the Rona now. (SMH) All this insanity over a virus with a 99% survival rate for adults and one that barely even effects little kids.
If that wonderful caregiver gets infected and spreads the virus to the children in her care then that dream turns into a parent's nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
Yup it is.. People cannot see what the real agenda is for getting people "vaccinated" with this stuff!!!

It changes them,makes them NWO compliant.... (Sterilisation and who knows what else)

The agenda is quite clear but the masses are so brainwashed they cant see it and are falling right into thier hands!! (Exactly what they wanted)
Vaccines do not sterilize anyone.

The vaccines prevent infection with the coronavirus and keep people from getting sick.

Forget the conspiracy theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Immunization hasn't eliminated risk just limited it. Anyone can be a carrier even if vaccinated. I just refuse to live my life like this anymore after 13 months for a virus with a 99% survival rate.

As you probably know Dr.'s are desperate to get people back in for routine check ups and testing. The vaccine is turning into the "new mask". Not foolproof either, just another added layer of protection.

What worries me about the other scenario I gave; involving a stranger touching me in an emergency situation brings up quite a few questions about how others will feel in the near future. I would be fine with it.

Others will have an issue. Not even in an emergency, just casual contact as the "visual" security of the mask will be gone. What are people going to do to "know" others are vaccinated in order to feel safe? I am not being facetious. Having documentation or even an app on your phone isn't going to be enough. People will want to SEE something now at all times when around others. Who is/isn't vaccinated is the obvious issue we are heading toward going forward.
The vaccines prevent infection, not just symptoms, so the vaccinated people who might be "carriers" will be the small percentage for whom the vaccine does not work.

Until the amount of circulating virus drops significantly everyone, including those who are vaccinated, needs to continue to mask. Then it is unnecessary to know who is vaccinated. However, in the context of a health care facility I would choose one that requires staff to be vaccinated over one that does not.

Old 04-26-2021, 07:32 PM

366 posts, read 110,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Get the Vaccine by June 7 or "You're Fired" at 7 hospitals in Texas, with 2 more Texas hospitals expecting to do the same.
-----------

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...vid-19-vaccine
What if you work remotely for the hospital in say, IT? I bet they will be mandated as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies