Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 10:55 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You obviously don't have any idea about social workers and how they help to diffuse situations.
So, tell us exactly what a social worker would have done as the girl thrusts the knife into the other girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 10:57 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
No, Girl in pink alive and well. She did need help, being attacked by a Psycho. She is perfectly fine.

Society has no obligation to assist stabbers desiring to murder.
We have an obligation to take care of the over 400,000 in foster care. We have no idea what they go through going home to home in foster care never feeling love. This is what you guys want since you are so against abortion.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:06 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I'm sure the dead criminal had access to a regular social worker. But in this case she called the Police and demanded they come. That was a good move.
If only more criminals would tell us their location.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:12 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,947,840 times
Kids used to knife fight?

Like in Romeo and Juliet during Renaissance Italy?

Or West Side Story in NYC 1950s?

Old 04-24-2021, 11:13 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
We have an obligation to take care of the over 400,000 in foster care. We have no idea what they go through going home to home in foster care never feeling love. This is what you guys want since you are so against abortion.
That's an odd position. Your view is the dead criminal would have been better off killed in the womb...

Old 04-24-2021, 11:22 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Two calls were placed to 911 about fighting and stabbing.

Who made those calls is unknown.

Reportedly, a neighbor claims it was the girl who attempted to stab the other girl.

The stabber’s mother, who was not there and does not have custody, claims her daughter was defending herself.

The video does not seem to reflect mama’s perception.

Attacking someone with a knife in front of the police is not going to have a good outcome for the stabber.

It’s possible this whole thing erupted over a boy or snarky FB post.

There is a tendency for some females to resort to knifes and box cutters to resolve disputes, while some males seem to prefer to use firearms.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:32 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
No it did not end well. A girl needed help and she was killed because society failed her.
Agreed. So for we only have a few seconds of video tape to base our opinions off of. It looks to me like by the time the knife came out it was too late to help her in any way. It was about stopping a crime from being committed.

The discrepancy between the way this person was treated and the way people like Rittenhouse were is not lost on me. The officer involved in this shooting wasn't the same guy who had anything to do with any of those cases. I don't think its a fair comparison.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

The discrepancy between the way this person was treated and the way people like Rittenhouse were is not lost on me.
Poor comparison. Rittenhouse was amidst massive rioting, out of control situation with hundreds, if not thousands, of people rioting.

This involved just 2 people in an active situation, with a few bystanders not involved in the interaction once Law Enforcement arrived. That made it easier for a trained professional to assess and decide the next action items.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:46 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Poor comparison. Rittenhouse was amidst massive rioting, out of control situation with hundreds, if not thousands, of people rioting.

This involved just 2 people in an active situation, with a few bystanders not involved in the interaction once Law Enforcement arrived. That made it easier for a trained professional to assess and decide the next action items.
I had to check FB to see what the debate was about. I went to a liberal page. There isn't agreement on this. People disagreeing with the officers actions are showing all kinds of incidents of white males having weapons, firing guns and getting pepper sprayed or tased at worse. They do have a point.

Still, from what little I saw, I can't fault this officer.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I had to check FB to see what the debate was about. I went to a liberal page. There isn't agreement on this. People disagreeing with the officers actions are showing all kinds of incidents of white males having weapons, firing guns and getting pepper sprayed or tased at worse. They do have a point.

Still, from what little I saw, I can't fault this officer.
I view it case by case. My hunch is , to fairly compare, I'd like to see cases with a person with a knife lunging at someone from a distance that would take 1-2 seconds to cover. That's a high threshold.

I'd commend this cop, as I have no doubt Girl in Pink dies w/o his very accurate gunshot. With not a speck of damage to Girl in Pink, nor any bystander.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies