Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 09:28 AM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I don't think I can. Just glad due to a well trained cop, she will not turn 17, as I suspect had she succeeded this week, the girl in Pink may well have been just her FIRST murder..not her last.
Thing is, it's still kind of balsy of her just to come out in broad day light thinking she can just go and kill someone. Makes me think she's done this before and never been questioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 09:32 AM

4,050 posts, read 2,131,639 times
According to the foster mom, it was all about housekeeping and the unmade bed, with at least a couple of girls criticizing the teen’s lack cleanliness and neatness.

https://www.insider.com/makhia-bryan...ter-mom-2021-4

I will still have to disagree with you. She may not be angry with any social worker to begin with, but would be if one came to intervene because the only way she saw fit to right the wrong was stabbing, not talking it out. She didn’t want to drop the knife and talk with the police officer when he came to tell her side of the story...she wanted to continue stabbing. A social worker attempting to stop the stabbing would not be seen on her side, but would be perceived as being on the other girls side.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:33 AM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No it did not end well. A girl needed help and she was killed because society failed her.
Oh please. Millions of kids go into the foster care system and they come out just fine. She was probably a nut case to begin with and it took this to escalate. I wonder, would you say the same thing if this was a white girl or boy?????? I bet not.

Face it, some people are just evil and it's better off to just put them down like the rabid dogs they are.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:35 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Nice job. Funny satire. Brings back memories of Monty Python "you had it easy".

Old 04-25-2021, 09:37 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Oh please. Millions of kids go into the foster care system and they come out just fine. She was probably a nut case to begin with and it took this to escalate.
Because she wasn't supervised well enough which is much more commonplace in a foster home than in a 2 parent family.

Quote:
I wonder, would you say the same thing if this was a white girl or boy?????? I bet not.
I wonder, if you can stop falsely playing the race card? I bet not.

Quote:
Face it, some people are just evil and it's better off to just put them down like the rabid dogs they are.
No one should be able to play God.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:49 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
This has got to be satire. No way that it's a serious piece.
Of course it’s satire.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:52 AM

738 posts, read 416,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Mainstream media I've seen has had some spin that this is another racist killing but most have said this situation is NOT the same as many others. The lady in pink was in immediate danger.

Many of the other killings -- there is no immediate danger to anybody.......in this case it is clear there was danger.

I have hard the spin that yeah not the same BUT police use force too often, especially with Black people...but the reaction to this situation has not been an immediate condemnation of this officer.
Joe Biden has said it was racist. I don't see anybody on the left criticizing Biden.

Black people seem to resist arrest, often violently, too often but there's no criticism of this by the left.

If you believe there are a ton of white racist cops, perhaps you shouldn't resist arrest or shout nasty things at them or have a gun sitting on your lap, etc.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
She was in foster care and who knows what her life has been like during her 16 years. I think police departments should have social workers on call in cases like this.
And just what do you think a social worker could have done in this situation? Did you actually watch the video? From the time she screamed, “I’m gonna m***** f****** stab you b****,” to the time she ran full force through the one girl and was in stabbing motion inches away from the girl in pink was NINE SECONDS!

All a social worker would have done would be to watch the girl in pink get stabbed along with the rest of them.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
No it did not end well. A girl needed help and she was killed because society failed her.
I think you mean before her parents failed her. Society had nothing to do with it.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:58 AM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Thing is, it's still kind of balsy of her just to come out in broad day light thinking she can just go and kill someone. Makes me think she's done this before and never been questioned.
I agree, and think this was not going to be her last victim. Plans changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies