Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 03:31 PM

585 posts, read 495,870 times

Advertisements

People are posting this but not providing legit sources that in a banned state if a womans life is at risk s dr can still lose his license? I think that is fear mongering. What state would really do this if dr was saving her life. People repeat these similar “facts” and post this:

Abortion banned without exception for health of the mother:
AR, ID, MS, ND, OK, SD

Without exceptions for rape:
AR, KY, LA, MO, ND, SD, TN, TX

Without exceptions for incest:
AR, KY, LA, MS, MO, ND, SD, TN, TX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 05:05 PM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
People are posting this but not providing legit sources that in a banned state if a womans life is at risk s dr can still lose his license? I think that is fear mongering. What state would really do this if dr was saving her life. People repeat these similar “facts” and post this:

AR, ID, MS, ND, OK, SD

That is such BS.

The Board of Medical Examiners for the state issues and monitors medical licensure, not the state legislature.

AN ECTOPIC PREGNANCY IS NOT CONSIDERED A VIABLE FETUS BY ANYONE.

Libs are trying to make this an "ethical dilemma" and they are simply full of crap. An ectopic is a potential life threatening medical condition and there is never a "dilemma" about treating it.

Give it a rest, libs. Your arguments using ectopics is bizarre and absurd.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:22 PM

1,703 posts, read 614,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is such BS.

The Board of Medical Examiners for the state issues and monitors medical licensure, not the state legislature.

AN ECTOPIC PREGNANCY IS NOT CONSIDERED A VIABLE FETUS BY ANYONE.

Libs are trying to make this an "ethical dilemma" and they are simply full of crap. An ectopic is a potential life threatening medical condition and there is never a "dilemma" about treating it.

Give it a rest, libs. Your arguments using ectopics is bizarre and absurd.
But this is what the left does about everything. According to them conservatives want to have blacks back in chains, take away women’s voting rights, go nazi on homosexuals etc etc. Those are pretty much exact words from the left. Unfortunately, there are many lemmings that believe them.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:26 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:

AR, ID, MS, ND, OK, SD

For the millionth time: Surgery for an ectopic pregnancy is NOT a medical abortion.

The medical definition of an abortion is removal of the fetus, etc. from the uterus.

An ectopic pregnancy by definition occurs outside the uterus.

Therefore, treatment for such is NOT a medical abortion.

Google it, please.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:29 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:

AR, ID, MS, ND, OK, SD

yes and no. I think the most extreme one is Wisconsin. Their 1839 law went back into effect. Makes abortion for anything other then to save her life. But NOT for her health, rape, incest, etc.

The problem now is that is the law. The good news is that the Wisconsin governor has said he will grant clemency for folks, but the other side of that is...What if you are the Dr, and this guy then has a heart attack. And the new guy puts you in prison. Yeah. Plus that doesn't stop charges from being filed, along with arrests, search's of your stuff, etc etc etc.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:30 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
OP, I don't think anyone is saying that any consequences will come to anyone who performs a removal of an ectopic embryo.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:41 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
yes and no. I think the most extreme one is Wisconsin. Their 1839 law went back into effect. Makes abortion for anything other then to save her life. But NOT for her health, rape, incest, etc.

The problem now is that is the law. The good news is that the Wisconsin governor has said he will grant clemency for folks, but the other side of that is...What if you are the Dr, and this guy then has a heart attack. And the new guy puts you in prison. Yeah. Plus that doesn't stop charges from being filed, along with arrests, search's of your stuff, etc etc etc.
Removal of an ectopic pregnancy is not a medical abortion.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:47 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

lol at liberals latching onto an 1839 law in Wisconsin ... yet proclaiming for years it would be "backwards Southern redneck Bible-thumpers" whose laws would take women back to the stone age.

got damn y'all are so gullible people. About as gullible as QAnon.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:50 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
OP, I don't think anyone is saying that any consequences will come to anyone who performs a removal of an ectopic embryo.
It is being brought up by some individuals on both political sides, but it appears that most states had an allowance for that as a medical emergency. I was just reading that they are talking about removing and replanting the etopic pregnancy in the uterus, but they aren't sure how successful that would be, but I am guessing that those that desperately wanted a pregnancy would be willing to see if that might work, especially those that had faced infertility for some time, so I don't think the abortion crowd would be the ones stomping their feet about that.

I think some don't realize what an etopic pregnancy is:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20372093

"A fertilized egg can't develop normally outside the uterus. To prevent life-threatening complications, the ectopic tissue needs to be removed. Depending on your symptoms and when the ectopic pregnancy is discovered, this may be done using medication, laparoscopic surgery or abdominal surgery."

I also read that the survival of the fetus is less than 3 months in the tube. This has to be so sad for the woman.

I see abortion supporters going for these rare circumstances, but in this case, it is a medical procedure as the woman's life is in danger. Not about convenience, and I am betting true heartbreak on the part of the couple/single in this case.

Old 06-27-2022, 06:50 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It is being brought up by some individuals on both political sides, but it appears that most states had an allowance for that as a medical emergency. I was just reading that they are talking about removing and replanting the etopic pregnancy in the uterus, but they aren't sure how successful that would be, but I am guessing that those that desperately wanted a pregnancy would be willing to see if that might work, especially those that had faced infertility for some time, so I don't think the abortion crowd would be the ones stomping their feet about that.

I think some don't realize what an etopic pregnancy is:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20372093

"A fertilized egg can't develop normally outside the uterus. To prevent life-threatening complications, the ectopic tissue needs to be removed. Depending on your symptoms and when the ectopic pregnancy is discovered, this may be done using medication, laparoscopic surgery or abdominal surgery."

I also read that the survival of the fetus is less than 3 months in the tube. This has to be so sad for the woman.

I see abortion supporters going for these rare circumstances, but in this case, it is a medical procedure as the woman's life is in danger. Not about convenience, and I am betting true heartbreak on the part of the couple/single in this case.
It's not medically possible to take a 6 or 8 week embryo, and remove it from the fallopian tube during surgery and stick it to the side of the uterus. That ship has sailed, where the fertilized egg attaches and forms a healthy placenta attached to the inside of the uterus.

But, in this crazy whacked out time, who knows. Maybe lawmakers will insist doctors performing a removal of an ectopic pregnancy, instead of removing it, stick it inside the woman's uterus. Causing risk of infection and further emotional trauma with no chance of saving the baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies