Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 10:22 PM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Are you living out a 2nd amendment fantasy in your mind or what? When does someone getting carjacked ever attempt to pull out a gun in that moment and then smokes the jacker? I mean maybe that happened in a movie once? But hey, whatever helps you justify the decision to keep that loaded handgun laying neatly in your glove compartment JUST IN CASE God forbid some bad guy tries to jack your ride GTA-style. Am I right?
Did you read what I was responding to when I wrote it? I don’t carry a gun, but your damn sure I’ve been looking into it, but still decided against it. Also every glock 43 I was told to buy is sold out, one local place has 10+ different versions, zero in stock.

With so many car jackings happening daily, when is someone finally going to fight back? It’s bound to happen, then what happens to said person who fights back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 10:59 PM

573 posts, read 260,143 times
She can blame her neighbors for electing super liberal Marxists politicians.

This is why people need to pay attention to local politics. Local politics is the only area the average American has a direction and a say so.

Old 05-04-2021, 11:28 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Did you read what I was responding to when I wrote it? I don’t carry a gun, but your damn sure I’ve been looking into it, but still decided against it. Also every glock 43 I was told to buy is sold out, one local place has 10+ different versions, zero in stock.

With so many car jackings happening daily, when is someone finally going to fight back? It’s bound to happen, then what happens to said person who fights back?
Fight back? You would risk your life over a dumb car?

If someone pulls a gun on me and tells me to get out of my car I will comply. My car is insured....I’m not sure what fighting back would accomplish beyond getting my stupid @ss killed?

Old 05-05-2021, 06:10 AM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Fight back? You would risk your life over a dumb car?

If someone pulls a gun on me and tells me to get out of my car I will comply. My car is insured....I’m not sure what fighting back would accomplish beyond getting my stupid @ss killed?
The person I was replying to carries non stop, this is the person who would kill them all and should be given an award and compensated, but here in Mpls in the current climate would be charged with murder and riots would erupt. This is another reason I didn’t get a gun. I don’t care what the law says about carrying, Mpls would still screw me over if it ever happened.

Yes, I agree, my car is insured to. You take my source of income (my work truck) and I’m not randomly giving it up to 15-20 year olds. Yes, I agree my vehicle isn’t going to be wanted, but to just Willy nilly give your stuff away, you are a part of the problem. Repercussions for actions need to happen for it to change.

Old 05-05-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
The person I was replying to carries non stop, this is the person who would kill them all and should be given an award and compensated, but here in Mpls in the current climate would be charged with murder and riots would erupt. This is another reason I didn’t get a gun. I don’t care what the law says about carrying, Mpls would still screw me over if it ever happened.

Yes, I agree, my car is insured to. You take my source of income (my work truck) and I’m not randomly giving it up to 15-20 year olds. Yes, I agree my vehicle isn’t going to be wanted, but to just Willy nilly give your stuff away, you are a part of the problem. Repercussions for actions need to happen for it to change.
Oh ok, I’m part of the problem because I refuse to go vigilante? Let the record state that my car is completely covered in cameras (Tesla) and in the case of a carjacking I would happily provide the footage to law enforcement to ensure that the perpetrator is charged and convicted to the full extent of the law. I’m fine with the enforcement of the law occurring with the assistance of trained law enforcement. You are not going to convince me to attempt to be the guy who attempts to take the law into my own hands. I’m not that stupid.

By the way, I recall a case in Minneapolis where a man was subject to a home invasion (I believe it was in Seward or Longfellow) and attempted to attack the thieves with a baseball bat. One of the thieves pulled a gun and shot and killed the man. This is a classic case of the guy putting himself in harms way instead of getting to safety and calling 9-11 like he should have. It probably happened 8-10 years ago and I’m still trying to dig up the story to be able to link it.

Old 05-05-2021, 07:10 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Oh ok, I’m part of the problem because I refuse to go vigilante? Let the record state that my car is completely covered in cameras (Tesla) and in the case of a carjacking I would happily provide the footage to law enforcement to ensure that the perpetrator is charged and convicted to the full extent of the law. I’m fine with the enforcement of the law occurring with the assistance of trained law enforcement. You are not going to convince me to attempt to be the guy who attempts to take the law into my own hands. I’m not that stupid.

By the way, I recall a case in Minneapolis where a man was subject to a home invasion (I believe it was in Seward or Longfellow) and attempted to attack the thieves with a baseball bat. One of the thieves pulled a gun and shot and killed the man. This is a classic case of the guy putting himself in harms way instead of getting to safety and calling 9-11 like he should have. It probably happened 8-10 years ago and I’m still trying to dig up the story to be able to link it.

Wasn't that the case where the wife and daughter were raped and murdered in front of the guy trying to defend them? Yea I would have waited for the cops to get there too........

Old 05-05-2021, 07:43 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,870,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Wasn't that the case where the wife and daughter were raped and murdered in front of the guy trying to defend them? Yea I would have waited for the cops to get there too........
That sounds like the plot of "Law-Abiding Citizen". This happens to one man, and he goes out to torture and kill the criminals who killed his family. Good movie, satisfying scenes, relatable acting. Similar vibe to "Falling Down".

Ending... open at your own risk.
Spoiler
The ending is kind of unsatisfying. He goes to prison and dies there in a fire.

Old 05-05-2021, 08:10 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Yet you proudly list your location as Boston, MA? I guess they are doing a good enough job to attract you to live in one?
Been here 16 years, contemplating leaving as we speak. QOL is going downhill quickly and if you say anything about it on the neighborhood chat rooms you are branded a racist. Loud music throughout the city along with fireworks at all hours of the night and the cops are told to stand down and in the rare cases they actually do do something, they are jeered by the crowds with bottles being thrown at them. Arrests are made and they are released in an hour with no charges.

Did I mention the dirt bikes and ATVs doing wheelies at high speed endangering everybody?

All because we must prevent interactions between the police and the “black and brown bodies”. Law and order is being sacrificed at the liberal altar.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 05-05-2021 at 08:19 AM..

Old 05-05-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
[/b]

There was no rape. He and wife were upstairs in their bedroom and heard entry happening downstairs. The husband tried to play hero and surprise attack them and ended up getting killed. My guess is the thieves didn’t think anybody was home and would have probably ran as soon as they heard noise.

Old 05-05-2021, 08:34 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,572 times
Quote:
Lol, well you do you then.

Some car jacker thug group in Minneapolis will certainly pass important internal memos stating "Liberals in Tesla cars are easy marks. Seek them out!"

Personally I prefer that progressives do not carry firearms. That way we are all safer.

Quote:
I guess its better to cower in the corner of your own home and let thugs steal your stuff. It sounds like your victim guy could have benefited from having and training with an AR-15 for home defense.

Or, you could take drooling Joe's advice he gives to women and just let off two big blasts with a shotgun outside, he promises it will run off violent armed home intrusion types, he promises you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafkVM-jnbE

Last edited by snebarekim; 05-05-2021 at 08:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies