Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 06:40 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times

Advertisements

The White House is rebranding kamala`s husband.....he will no longer be called Doug or Dougie.....but Douglas......surprised his name isn`t changed to george or floyd. Sorry, it`s OT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 06:54 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,952,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Everyone can be a "doctor". Dr Seuss, Dr Pepper...
Well Dr. Pepper was an actual Doctor........But he was a Confederate Doctor so surprised no-one has canceled him yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_T._Pepper

Old 04-25-2021, 07:08 AM

43,102 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Looks like a run-of-the-mill petty squabble among local officials. The only thing noteworthy is "white privilege" being cited as the reason for dismissal. Doesn't every single white person in the world supposedly have white privilege?
Yup..so it makes firing White people due to privilege easy.
Who will refute it ?

Old 04-25-2021, 07:27 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
When you read through the exchange, he was very rude. Extremely unprofessional.

This is unacceptable behavior from a city official, volunteer or not. It really sounds like he was in a bad mood and just didn't check his reaction before going on and on and ending up calling her "Carrie", after he refused to allow her to state her concern with a zoning issue.

Thank God that although he didn't have the social skills required to keep him from sliding into this embarrassing position, he had the skills to write (or have someone else write for him) a sincere sounding apology, which is refreshing.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
When you read through the exchange, he was very rude. Extremely unprofessional.

This is unacceptable behavior from a city official, volunteer or not. It really sounds like he was in a bad mood and just didn't check his reaction before going on and on and ending up calling her "Carrie", after he refused to allow her to state her concern with a zoning issue.

Thank God that although he didn't have the social skills required to keep him from sliding into this embarrassing position, he had the skills to write (or have someone else write for him) a sincere sounding apology, which is refreshing.
So we now can fire people because they are in a bad mood ?

Old 04-25-2021, 07:32 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So we now can fire people because they are in a bad mood ?
Yes, we do. If they hold a public office for the city (which this guy did, as zoning commissioner) and he's openly rude in a lengthy exchange and refuses to address a citizen respectfully where everyone can see it, we let him go.

You can be in a bad mood all you want. You just can't take it out on others in a public forum, and not suffer the consequences.

Especially since this was a longer exchange than just one retort. He acted like a bit of a nut. Not something a city council needs to put up with, in their open forum meetings, from someone representing the city.

And yes, I've attended a lot of "open forum" meetings, from school board meetings to city council meetings, and you don't see this by a member of a board. (The citizen/attendees often act like this, but not members of the board).

Old 04-25-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Yes, we do. If they hold a public office for the city (which this guy did, as zoning commissioner) and he's openly rude in a lengthy exchange and refuses to address a citizen respectfully where everyone can see it, we let him go.

You can be in a bad mood all you want. You just can't take it out on others in a public forum, and not suffer the consequences.

Especially since this was a longer exchange than just one retort. He acted like a bit of a nut. Not something a city council needs to put up with, in their open forum meetings, from someone representing the city.

And yes, I've attended a lot of "open forum" meetings, from school board meetings to city council meetings, and you don't see this by a member of a board. (The citizen/attendees often act like this, but not members of the board).
He was a volunteer...not an elected local official. They could have just reprimanded him. All we know and see and read about is this small snippet.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:37 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:

Especially since this was a longer exchange than just one retort. He acted like a bit of a nut. Not something a city council needs to put up with, in their open forum meetings.

I am with you, I believe they should let him go.

However, the reasons they come up with to let him go, let's face it, are utterly ridiculous.

white privilege, racism?

He was a volunteer, should just let him go because he didn't seem to be a good team player, poor impulse control, possibly anger issue. but racism? white privilege?

The country is getting more and more ridiculous. Racism is not the diagnosis for every problem. It does not solve mental illness, mood disorder, poor impulse control, dysfunctional family dynamics, poverty, drug addiction, violence, etc etc etc.

Calling people racist without any proof is only making things worse. Nowadays, when I hear the word "racist", my initial reaction would be, "Oh, my God, drama queen was offended again." lol

This is why I think modern racism (key word: modern) will never be eliminated. Modern racism is all about, "If your skin color offended me, you are a racist."

Old 04-25-2021, 07:41 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MendoMan View Post
Why is a construction contractor on a zoning commission? Potential conflict?

My wife has a Doctorate in Psychology. Her patients call her by her first name.

What your should be asking is 'Why is a FEMALE with a PHD in Public Healh' in a Zoning Meeting?

She's there to protest a development in her Neighborhood???

(MORE LIKE she's there to disrupt progress)

Rosario told McClatchy News that she had previously corrected another council member during the call, who apologized and corrected himself. She said she viewed Collins' repeated refusal to call by her title "a personal attack of disrespect."
Bahahaha~

GET THESE COTTON CANDY ASSWIPES out of Public Office...out of Public interface. She's a Pretentious Black Cuk....~

Mr Tony has more knowledge of building and zoning than she will EVER HAVE.

She refer to him as 'Your Highness~'

And who is on the Council of this ******* Town...bunch of Self-loathing White Pasties ~

LOL....

Old 04-25-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am with you, I believe they should let him go.

However, the reasons they come up with to let him go, let's face it, are utterly ridiculous.

white privilege, racism?

He was a volunteer, should just let him go because he didn't seem to be a good team player, poor impulse control, possibly anger issue. but racism? white privilege?

The country is getting more and more ridiculous. Racism is not the diagnosis for every problem. It does not solve mental illness, mood disorder, poor impulse control, dysfunctional family dynamics, poverty, drug addiction, violence, etc etc etc.

Calling people racist without any proof is only making things worse. Nowadays, when I hear the word "racist", my initial reaction was, "Oh, my God, drama queen was offended again." lol
Actually accusing them of racism and then firing them for it is making things worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies