Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 08:31 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:

Wearing a cloth mask in public is a non-issue, in my mind. There's no downside. If it helps keep people safe (until we understand variants, and how to immunize on a long term basis), that's not a big deal. Our government literally assigns us a number at birth, which they use to track every dollar we make. Claiming a cloth mask is government overreach is silly.
If that’s true how do you explain the CDC study that masks are mostly ineffective?

Old 04-25-2021, 08:31 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
I just reread Revelations a couple weeks ago. I'm no theologist nor any type of "official" scholar but I do read and comprehend quite well. And the Bible still twitterpates me. Particularly Revelations.But one thing I did take away from that chapter is the part that says "no man shall know the appointed hour. I shall come as a thief in the night." Oh many men have claimed to know though. And all of them were fools and made out as such quite publicly. But not before they drew in a host of scared and vulnerable people, many of which were led to their deaths by these men. Jim Jones for example.

No, I'm going to leave all that with the Lord. I have enough on my plate just surviving right now to depress myself further with end time prophecy.

Old 04-25-2021, 08:42 AM

8,235 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I agree, but we're talking about healthy people wearing masks, which is lunacy.
Wearing masks causes yeast infections on the face. Not a healthy way to live. I suffered from it twice last year.

Old 04-25-2021, 08:51 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I just reread Revelations a couple weeks ago. I'm no theologist nor any type of "official" scholar but I do read and comprehend quite well. And the Bible still twitterpates me. Particularly Revelations.But one thing I did take away from that chapter is the part that says "no man shall know the appointed hour. I shall come as a thief in the night." Oh many men have claimed to know though. And all of them were fools and made out as such quite publicly. But not before they drew in a host of scared and vulnerable people, many of which were led to their deaths by these men. Jim Jones for example.

No, I'm going to leave all that with the Lord. I have enough on my plate just surviving right now to depress myself further with end time prophecy.
Jesus said there would be many signs he is coming soon. Jesus told us to watch for the signs and be ready because life will go on.. people will be getting married and the world will be unprepared when Jesus comes back.

The world situation is described in the bible. Russia, Syria, Turkey , Iran and Egypt will be involved and supporting to invade Israel.

The world power leaders are working to create a NEW WORLD ORDER.

This explains how it will come to be.

https://endtimestruth.com/new-world-order/

Old 04-25-2021, 08:54 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Jesus said there would be many signs he is coming soon. Jesus told us to watch for the signs and be ready because life will go on.. people will be getting married and the world will be unprepared when Jesus comes back.
Well hopefully Jesus will settle this mask thing once and for all.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:05 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
If that’s true how do you explain the CDC study that masks are mostly ineffective?
This is a quote from the actually study you're referencing (not from nationalfile.com's "interpretation"). Bold added by me for emphasis

Mask mandates were associated with statistically significant decreases in county-level daily COVID-19 case and death growth rates within 20 days of implementation. Allowing on-premises restaurant dining was associated with increases in county-level case and death growth rates within 41–80 days after reopening. State mask mandates and prohibiting on-premises dining at restaurants help limit potential exposure to SARS-CoV-2, reducing community transmission of COVID-19.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:12 AM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So masks are now the mark of the beast.

Thanks for the heads up.
It will lead up to mark of the beast along with the vaccine passport. I already hear people talking about how banks are thinking of not doing business with you if you don't have a vaccine passport. If you don't think that is scary stuff, then I don't know what to tell you.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:19 AM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Wearing a cloth mask in public is a non-issue, in my mind. There's no downside. It helps keep people safe (until we understand variants, and how to immunize on a long term basis), wearing one in a grocery store, for example, is not a big deal. Our government literally assigns us a number at birth, which they use to track every dollar we make. Claiming a cloth mask is government overreach is silly.
I can't wear masks because of a psychological issue. You wear your masks, good for you. But leave me out of your deranged control freaked world.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:44 AM

4,665 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Wearing a cloth mask in public is a non-issue, in my mind. There's no downside. It helps keep people safe (until we understand variants, and how to immunize on a long term basis), wearing one in a grocery store, for example, is not a big deal. Our government literally assigns us a number at birth, which they use to track every dollar we make. Claiming a cloth mask is government overreach is silly.
I disagree. Making healthy people mask perpetuates the lie that asymptomatic transmission is common and your neighbors are disease vectors to be feared. That's the big downside; there are obvious other ones, but it's up to you whether you choose to see them or not.

Old 04-25-2021, 11:42 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So masks are now the mark of the beast.

Thanks for the heads up.
I was wondering when it would come to that, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies