Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 06:47 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
200K illegals a month..the largest number seen in over 20 years and that is not a crisis ?
Not when you factor in how many have left over the past 20 years --- data from 2012 ...

Net Migration from Mexico Falls to Zero—and Perhaps Less

"The largest wave of immigration in history from a single country to the United States has come to a standstill. After four decades that brought 12 million current immigrants—most of whom came illegally—the net migration flow from Mexico to the United States has stopped and may have reversed, according to a new analysis of government data from both countries by the Pew Hispanic Center, a project of the Pew Research Center."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 06:50 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
It is a crisis, and one that has been going on for decades.

I am an immigrant and even realize this, so why in the hell some of you native born Americans cannot see it?
The legal immigrants i know feel the same as you.

Old 04-25-2021, 06:54 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
A pent up demand was created, and the flood broke. It's probably going to decay to a typical rate over time. Not sure that constitutes a crisis, other than of people dying in the desert. It's a long-term problem and requires a long-term solution.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
What are you talking about. People know the difference. Asylum seekers were just fine waiting their turn in Mexico which is where they should be.
There are illegal crossings everywhere. Not asylum seekers. It’s allowed by the Biden regime. We have laws. They need to be followed and not ignored.
There seems to be a confusion, let me show you:
Is it legal to cross the U.S. border to seek asylum?

"Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to apply for, or request the opportunity to apply for, asylum. "There’s no way to ask for a visa or any type of authorization in advance for the purpose of seeking asylum,” says Byrne. “You just have to show up.""

Just when you think all is well ...

Prosecuting People for Coming to the United States

"Over the last two decades, the federal government increasingly has utilized the criminal courts to punish people for immigration violations. Particularly on the Southwest border, federal officials are vigorously prosecuting migrants either for entering the United States without permission or for reentering the country without permission after a prior deportation or removal order (commonly referred to, respectively, as “illegal entry” and “illegal re-entry;” or collectively as “entry-related offenses”). Tens of thousands of migrants and asylum seekers are subjected to criminal prosecution for these crimes every year. In fact, prosecutions for entry-related offenses reached an all-time high of 106,312 in Fiscal Year (FY) 2019."

So no, a person can not just show up

No difference is placed on anyone crossing that boarder; the u.s. is not here to help. I suspect the u.s. is wanting to add to their prison population ---

Old 04-25-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
It is a crisis, and one that has been going on for decades.

I am an immigrant and even realize this, so why in the hell some of you native born Americans cannot see it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
The legal immigrants i know feel the same as you.
Only because, they think that the new immigrants will bring some of the 'old' country in with them. Which is on par with many native born Americans.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:13 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Only because, they think that the new immigrants will bring some of the 'old' country in with them. Which is on par with many native born Americans.
Actually they do and, well all I can say is that it sets women back good 20-30 years.
Saw with my own eyes in central Texas during the last big surge under Obama.

The culture in Central America hasn't advanced as quickly with regards to women's equality.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:27 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,739,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And hell, even when they travel to the US legally on a visa, but then remain in the country legally after overstaying their visa, Biden gives those illegal immigrants $1,400 COVID checks. It's insane.
Wow!
I did not know that!!
America Last
Endanger American Citizens

Old 04-25-2021, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Actually they do and, well all I can say is that it sets women back good 20-30 years.
Saw with my own eyes in central Texas during the last big surge under Obama.

The culture in Central America hasn't advanced as quickly with regards to women's equality.
Ask some of the military men that have married women of a different culture, that then settled in America, how did that work out? When the women realized they didn't have to walk behind the man, they walked.

Also immigrants that have come from oppressive governments, when they get here they go

Old 04-25-2021, 07:38 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,739,667 times
Quote:
There seems to be a confusion, let me show you:
Is it legal to cross the U.S. border to seek asylum?

"Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to apply for, or request the opportunity to apply for, asylum. "There’s no way to ask for a visa or any type of authorization in advance for the purpose of seeking asylum,” says Byrne. “You just have to show up.""

Just when you think all is well ...

Prosecuting People for Coming to the United States

"Over the last two decades, the federal government increasingly has utilized the criminal courts to punish people for immigration violations. Particularly on the Southwest border, federal officials are vigorously prosecuting migrants either for entering the United States without permission or for reentering the country without permission after a prior deportation or removal order (commonly referred to, respectively, as “illegal entry” and “illegal re-entry;” or collectively as “entry-related offenses”). Tens of thousands of migrants and asylum seekers are subjected to criminal prosecution for these crimes every year. In fact, prosecutions for entry-related offenses reached an all-time high of 106,312 in Fiscal Year (FY) 2019."

So no, a person can not just show up

No difference is placed on anyone crossing that boarder; the u.s. is not here to help. I suspect the u.s. is wanting to add to their prison population ---
No confusion. Trump had a "Remain in Mexico" policy for asylum seekers. Biden removed it immediately. Ask a rancher along the border if people are walking into America unchecked. They see groups of 50 illegals walking through their property, throwing trash all over. They're afraid to be out on their own property. They have pleaded for it to stop.

SAN DIEGO (AP) — The Biden administration moved to restore the asylum system to the way it worked for decades Friday by releasing a group of asylum-seekers into the United States, ending their long wait in Mexico and unraveling one of former President Donald Trump’s signature immigration policies.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:38 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Ask some of the military men that have married women of a different culture, that then settled in America, how did that work out? When the women realized they didn't have to walk behind the man, they walked.

Also immigrants that have come from oppressive governments, when they get here they go
Your last sentence is so true. When I told these women I drove 3 hours by myself to my brother's house they looked at me as if I had performed some miraculous miracle. Now these were middle age and older women.
They weren't even allowed to drive local to the store by themselves.

They are still living back in my mother's time..50-60's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies