Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 08:27 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
Are you talking about a boy who is born with an AK-47 on his side and who can easily walk 50 miles in the mountains?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8LSnuGTO5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehSdXgI7NOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqg5iilMoso

Afghan security forces, despite years of training, were dogged by incompetence and corruption

U.S. general concerned about capability of Afghan security forces
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 09:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I've seen the pictures and heard the stories of those on the ground.

And at least my friends have the balls to go and do a job. They are amazing men and I'm thankful for them and their families.
Your friends sit in camps, fortresses. They rarely leave them and when they do they get shot up. The Taliban rule the countryside. I'm not thankful, they're allowing me to be ripped off, enabling the looting of my tax dollars and the deaths of many thousands of innocents. They support an utterly corrupt government that allows its people to waste away in poverty. The people actually prefer the Taliban.

Tell your friends what you will. There's no respect for them from me and mine.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:42 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Your friends sit in camps, fortresses. They rarely leave them and when they do they get shot up. The Taliban rule the countryside. I'm not thankful, they're allowing me to be ripped off, enabling the looting of my tax dollars and the deaths of many thousands of innocents. They support an utterly corrupt government that allows its people to waste away in poverty. The people actually prefer the Taliban.

Tell your friends what you will. There's no respect for them from me and mine.
Then tell me how my husband lost his life again? What about his friend being shot and the Afghani troop being injured during the same time. BTW they killed all the f-ers. If they sat in places, then he wouldn't have died, his friend being shot nor the Afghani soldier being shot. Want to try that again?

Old 04-25-2021, 10:43 PM

2,512 posts, read 1,298,831 times
Those will disperse as soon as they will get an order from Taliban.

What about these boys?
In their culture, you can't approach a woman with bad intentions. All her brothers will protect her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2tT_3dsgKA

Old 04-25-2021, 10:48 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Well like in almost everything America tries along these lines it has failed. Leave them to their own devices, it may take decades, even centuries, but they will change. One big reason they are in such a state is because of foreign peoples meddling in their affairs.
They've been killing each other there for over a few thousands years. You mean those affairs?

Old 04-26-2021, 05:48 AM

34 posts, read 14,049 times
The Middle East needs to leave the dark ages behind and move into the 21st century.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:11 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
So the choice is
A) Stay there forever
B) Kill every male in Afghanistan.

It is impossible to change the 8th century mindset of the bulk of the Afghan population unless we stay there for 100 years and ban Islam.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:54 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Naw. lol! They work side by side with Afghan forces including training them.
lol indeed. The people who live there have not invited them in. If our govt invited Chinese troops here, would you regard them as trespassers or legitimate occupiers?
And another point (because you seem like the type that belives its an authority) , your constitution makes no provision for US troops to occupy foreign soil, invited or not.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:22 AM

6,109 posts, read 3,344,280 times
It is guaranteed that when (or if) we leave Afghanistan, the Taliban will gain similar control of the country they had pre-2001.

No one will ever fully control Afghanistan, because it’s not a real country. It’s just a bunch of (historically nomadic) clans and tribes that hate each other and have been fighting for centuries. This will never stop.

But the Taliban will regain the majority control of the country, perhaps as much as 60-70%.

So when the Taliban regains control, there will be retribution. Anybody who helped the Americans may very well end up being executed. Women will be thrown back into servitude, unable to go to school and unable to get a job. Jihadists training camps will again someday operate with impunity. The Chinese and the Russians will move back in and exploit the natural resources. The opium trade will boom once again, although to be honest, it’s probably booming right now.

I know some people in America will say, “Not our problem”, and I agree with them on certain levels. We have wasted enough manpower, capital, money, and lives in AFG to last many lifetimes.

On the other hand, I do feel sorry for the people who have joined us for the last 20 years trying to make Afghanistan a better country moving forward. True, many people in Afghanistan are “mouth breathers”, but many others are highly functioning people who want to live like other countries in the region do.

So what is the right answer? Should we stay or go? The truth of the matter is that there is no clear cut right answer here. It’s damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Democrats solution for abandoning Afghanistan? I’m sure it will be to increase Afghan immigration into the US. As if we need more Afghanis in the country that fundamentally hate us.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:26 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
It is guaranteed that when (or if) we leave Afghanistan, the Taliban will gain similar control of the country they had pre-2001.{snip}
It's taken 20 years to finally shake off the hope of the Bush admin, that if we just show the wonders of individual freedom and natural Rights to the savages living in backwards Islamic nations, they will embrace it, and join the rest of the advanced and enlightened world.

Some people liked the 1400s, and never want to embrace the age of enlightenment. So let them have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies